[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Universe Rebirth #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
Why is there so much more discussion about Captain America #1 than DC Universe Rebirth?

How fucking casual is /co/?

The sad thing is that DCU:R was a great book and Cap was generic shit apart from the twist on the last page
>>
People are more passionate about things they hate than things they enjoy.
>>
Rebirth is fun nostalgia wank but Cap actually had stuff happen to discuss. Next week is gonna be fun, the Rebirth issues vs Civil War 2

+ like 80% of the Cap threads are pol and others trolling
>>
>>83188173
It doesn't even deserve emotion

It's just another story that will play out until the end of the arc and it's not even a big deal, looks like it's Red Skull fucking with his mind
>>
>>83188135
Because while theres detractors the Watchmen crew in the DCU could be interesting.
Cap being a nazi is a meme and no one believes its going to be anything other than terrible shit that no one is going to care one year from now.
In short, we are making fun of it, not discussing it.
>>
>>83188135
>Why is there so much more discussion about Captain America #1 than DC Universe Rebirth?
Because people actually liked Rebirth. People hating something always generates more threads than loving something.
>>
>he thinks reading yet another generic justice league reboot makes him less casual
>>
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Rebirth had like 3-4 storytimes yesterday that all hit autosage and there's at least 3 threads bitching about Watchmen right now still. Cap was only posted once iirc.

And the Captain America discussion isn't really discussion. It's people (moviefags) making new threads repeatedly posting clickbait in the OPs without having read the issue. And they make it clear they haven't read it when they say things like "but what if Cap is the guys tied up?" and "I bet it's a clone"
>>
>>83188135
Because going back to the status quo is less fun than a face-heel change. I just wonder how Vince McMahon will keep Steve Rogers from winning the MCU Belt.
>>
>>83188304

The thing about Rebirth is we got spoiled and had a lot of our discussion three days before it was out.

Cap is the fresh new hate or shill fest!
>>
>>83188365
It's clearly not a true turn though, Marvel wouldn't do that
>>
>>83188234
It's just fucking casual readers (or not even readers) encountering this shit for the first time.

You and I know it's mind control or a Skrull or an evil Hydra clone or whatever but that's because you and I encountered this sort of shit for the first time when we were 9.
>>
>>83188182
>Cap actually had stuff happen to discuss

It had fucking nothing to discuss other than being angry for something that is obviously a fake out. Rebirth had a lot more things to speculate about, for example, how the fuck are they going to use Manhattan and the other Watchmen characters, how is exactly older continuity going to come back, who the fuck is the N52 Superman, how is the three Jokers thing going to play out, if Barry does remembers everything as it was Pre-Flashpoint, the N52 Wally being a cousin of OG Wally retcon, when are we going to see characters like Bart and Connor, when the JSA is coming back and who will write it, Ted coming back, Doctor Fate, Ryan Choi and Ray Palmer adventures in the Microverse, etc.
>>
>>83188661
>Ryan Choi and Ray Palmer adventures in the Microverse

How could they seed this and not announce an Atoms book? I am so butthurt
>>
Just finished this.

>HAHA OH WOW

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, JOHNS

I'm morbidly intrigued.
>>
>>83188135
It better be ma boi Superboy Prime
>>
>>83188135
Let's be real here, the twist was pretty generic too. It's only moviefags and casuals getting triggered by it.
>>
>>83188919
It's not. Go read the issue.
>>
>>83188135
Rebirth had like four or five story times that all hit auto sage among dozens of other threads

It's being discussed plenty
>>
File: 1459966402188.jpg (274 KB, 738x857) Image search: [Google]
1459966402188.jpg
274 KB, 738x857
>tfw LCS sells out of Rebirth while 15 issues of Civil War 2 sit, unsold
>>
>>83189089
Today though there are many more Cap threads than anything
>>
>>83189137
mostly just normies complaining about books they haven't read and /pol/ shitposting about Red Skull being right
>>
>>83188413
Marvel will do whatever it takes to get attention. It's like the girl who manufactures drama just so people will look at her.
>>
>>83188649

Some readers are pretty pissy too because they just got Cap back and they view this shit like it's a livejournal user telling their followers they are finally gonna off themselves when it's really just a whine for attention.
>>
>>83188135
>DCU:R was a great book
No, it wasn't.

And honestly, they should have called it Wally West: Rebirth instead because it was all about him and hardly explain anything about the dc universe.
>>
>>83189202
>shitposting about Red Skull being right

He is.
>>
>>83189313
Well we already knew he was siding with Team Wrong for Shit-filled Whores II

unless it's a ruse too
>>
>>83188740
That intrigues me as well. I wonder where that story will continue. But I guess they still haven't announced everything. There's still JSA and the Legion too, but they wouldn't want to burn out everything so quickly.
>>
>>83188135

I wouldn't call pinning all the terrible books DC has put out in the last five years on Doctor Manhattan good but I will admit Rebirth feels a bit more genuine than Captain America's inexplicable Nazi turn.
>>
>>83188135
Because Marvel is better at marketing then DC
>>
>>83188135
There were a shitload of discussions all day yesterday, OP. Cap threads have just been pits of meme garbage at best.
>>
DC Rebirth was storytimed back to back over the past 2 days. It's only just come to a slow. Maybe you should have been as autistic as everyone else and woke up early for it.
>>
>>83189698
*unleashing their army of interns to viral
>>
>>83189559
whats actually happening in civil war 2? why re they fighting again?
>>
>>83190230
Minority Report

Also Thanos with a gun
>>
>>83190230
Movie dollars. Casuals are going to be dumb enough to purchase it after seeing the movie.
>>
>>83188135
>The sad thing is that DCU:R was a great book

Stopped reading right there
>>
File: thanos_copter1.png (112 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
thanos_copter1.png
112 KB, 300x150
>>83190340
Are you saying Thanos doesn't have a right to use a gun?

What if someone tries to hijack his helicopter?
>>
Characterfags are the worst kind of comic book readers.
>>
>>83188135
>Why is there so much more discussion about Captain America #1 than DC Universe Rebirth?
People actually *care* about Captain America, anon.

>DCU:R was a great book
Just like BvS was a great movie (in your sad deluded little world)?
>>
>>83190526
Rebirth actually got good reviews though
http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics/dc-universe-rebirth/1

But of course you can only think about movies for you rmemeing
>>
>>83188365
Who is the roman of comics?
>>
>>83190623
>MAKE WHOR LOOK STRONG DAMMIT
>>
>>83190623
>hero consistently crammed down the audience's throat even though they are having none of it

JaneThor
>>
I love it, its fucking crazy and I can't wait to see how it plays out
>>
>>83188135
Cap's reveal seethes with /pol/.
Having the golden boy of Marvel reveal himself as a Hydra agent/Nazi(if it's still a Nazi organization, I'm not even sure anymore. Thanks movies!) and RedSKull seemingly be a metaphor for Trump really tugs at everyone's political/emotional strings.
Like many things at Marvel, it has to be "real" and take place in the "real" world with "real" politics. Y'know, like CIVIL WAR !! I think that Quesada/Colbert interview forever marked how I perceive Marvel.

There's nothing really political about DCU:R.
>>
>>83190340
ugh so its just aping cap 2 which aped minority report? HOW do casuals eat marvels shit sandwiches and call them dagwoods?
>>
>>83190810
rebirth is more pure escapism, dc in general is than marvel, it isnt necessarily good or bad, marvel multiverse is just more steeped in the pettiness of our world
>>
>>83190597
>Rebirth actually got good reviews though
That's because Disney paid off the reviewers.
>>
>>83190340
Thanos got a gun
everybody is on the run

What did Death do?
It's Thanos' last IOU
>>
>>83190810
>if it's still a Nazi organization
It was never a nazi organization beyond the loose affiliation from the fact that Strucker was a former nazi.
>>
File: 1464223864296.jpg (3 MB, 1800x2767) Image search: [Google]
1464223864296.jpg
3 MB, 1800x2767
>>83190810
>Cap's reveal seethes with /pol/.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.