[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some examples where a character was written as a "bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: WHITE MALE.jpg (152 KB, 600x909) Image search: [Google]
WHITE MALE.jpg
152 KB, 600x909
What are some examples where a character was written as a "bad guy" but the general audience thought he was in the right.

Examples:
Rorschach (audience takes his side, writer wanted them to see him as insane)
Judge Dredd (was origenally supposed to show the horrors of facism, now he's a symbol of justice)
>>
Cyclops
>>
>>83187462
Apparently /co/ for some reason is now sucking the Red Skull's dick because muuuh immigrants.
>>
File: ebqm1gtjaxuostxwkhfu.png (2 MB, 1244x955) Image search: [Google]
ebqm1gtjaxuostxwkhfu.png
2 MB, 1244x955
>>83187462
>Steve
>right
>>
SpOck, Cyclops, Superior Tony.
>>
>>83187578
>Superior Tony
No way anyone thought he was right. He was just entertaining as hell.
>>
Magneto is in the right but audience think he's the bad guy.
>>
>>83187578
>SpOck
There wasn't even a point to make, it was 30 issues story about how Peter should not take his own life for granted, Slott literally spelled the point out by the end.
>>
>>83187524
/co/ sucks every villain's dick like it's candy

>Magneto
>Lex Luthor
>Doom
>>
>>83187578
Superior Tony was in the right until he poisoned the water supply.
>>
>>83187462
>pic
>People complained about Cap being in the classic position of Hitler being punched.
>Marvel assures it was just a play on a classic cover and not to read anything into it.
>Hail hydra.
>>
File: Carnage-Man.jpg (534 KB, 1236x1078) Image search: [Google]
Carnage-Man.jpg
534 KB, 1236x1078
>>
what's the term for this? When the audience does a 180 on the author's intention. I used to know it.
>>
File: get him the frig outta here.png (917 KB, 1134x1080) Image search: [Google]
get him the frig outta here.png
917 KB, 1134x1080
>>83187524
>being this retarded

If you're literally going to take one candidate's words and put them in the mouth of a villain, then people who supported that candidate are obviously going to say "well now they're just making that villain the good guy".

The fact that red skull is a fictional nazi is irrelevant because only children would go "whoa comic book bad guy supports trump, clearly trump is hitler 2".
>>
>>83187524
Not all of /co/ man some people are just using it as a jumping point to talk /pol/, while others are using that as a jumping point to say see Steve is the bad guy. Also I noticed others are saying it's to make Steve the villain so that Sam can be the one true Cap. Regardless My point is there's a shit ton of different opinions /co/ is no longer a hive mind hell half the time it feels like we're at least 4 different personalities fighting for control.
>>
>>83187578
>>83187724
You guys forgot Sinestro.
>>
>>83188052
/co/ used to be a really great board. Now these people that call themselves /co/mrades sicken me deeply. /co/ was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.
>>
>that foreshadowing
>>
File: Smugnestro.png (842 KB, 540x853) Image search: [Google]
Smugnestro.png
842 KB, 540x853
>>83188105
>Sinestro
>villain
>>
>>83187462
>Judge Dredd (was originally supposed to show the horrors of facism, now he's a symbol of justice)

Judge Dredd has always been, to me at least, about flaunting "Justice" in the face of a severe and utter lack of personal "Freedom". Dredd is neither "good" nor "bad", he's just a very "grey" anti-hero who was brought up to mindlessly believe what he was taught through the Justice Department. If anything, he's a very raw character study of people who are "by-products of their own chaotic environment". Same goes for the rest of the citizens and judges in Mega-City 1
>>
>>83188232
I know, anon. But what other option do we have? Where else can we go?

Seriously, please, someone give me another option, because I've spent years trying to find a place to talk about comics but everywhere I've looked sucks and /co/ just keeps getting worse and worse as time goes on.
>>
>>83187888
Go read the comics, MCUfag. Hydra has nothing to do with the nazis.
>>
File: We're suposed to agree with Tim.jpg (168 KB, 300x637) Image search: [Google]
We're suposed to agree with Tim.jpg
168 KB, 300x637
>>83187462
>>
>>83188467
Well, not "nothing" to do with the Nazis. Strucker was a former Nazi afterall and he funded HYDRA using nazi gold, but to say that HYDRA = Nazis is just wrong.
>>
>>83188402
Dredd is a character meant to be humorous first and foremost, all that stuff is purposely over the top and not meant to be taken at face value.
>>
>>83187885
oppositional reading
>>
I'm pretty sure someone at Marvel admitted that they didn't understand why people flocked to Cyclops after AvX.
>>
>>83187462
Everyone in Dumbing of Age.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.