[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which should I read if I want to get into Spider-Man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Spiderman.png (1 MB, 817x600) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman.png
1 MB, 817x600
Which should I read if I want to get into Spider-Man?
>>
>>83186956
He's a character entirely dependable on continuity, so unless you're willing to read everything from the beginning, don't bother

Or you just could read Ultimate Spider-Man and be done with it
>>
>>83186956
Oh, you just missed Ultimate Spidey. It just got storytimed a few days ago. First time reading it and its pretty awesome.
>>
>>83187430
>He's a character entirely dependable on continuity, so unless you're willing to read everything from the beginning, don't bother
This is what has kept me from reading Spider-Man for so long. While everyone talks about the great runs, there are apparently a number of really terrible ones that are still required reading.
>>
Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty good to start with. It's very consistent and it takes like 120 chapters or so to start being garbage.

If you want some traditional Spider-Man comics, while extremely controversial, JMS's run is pretty good to start with. Also very good to see how One More Day is garbage with your own eyes.
>>
>>83186956
Amazing Spider-Man vol 4 #1
>>
>>83186956
Probably flash comics.
>>
>>83186956
Left if you can handle reading silver age comics
Right if you can't
>>
>>83187569
ASM 1962 - 1990 is consistently one of the best books in the medium. After that start picking from the JMS run (you'll have to bear 2 one of the worst Spidey comics though). Slott run till Alpha is also good.
>>
>>83186956
To better appreciate USM's alternative and streamlined take on many of the Webhead's most prominent friends & foes, you should really read Amazing Fantasy #15 + ASM vol 1 through to the first Annual—in which Spider-Man battles the Sinister Six.

By doing that, you'll establish a good baseline for how characters like Sandman, Electro, Kraven, etc. were originally portrayed, which will in turn grant you a greater perspective on some of the smart decisions and divergences Bendis made when bringing the origin of the wall-crawler to a newer generation of readers.
>>
>>83186956

Right one is better, but it's not pc to say it.
>>
File: 467406-sm107a011.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
467406-sm107a011.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
>>83186956
>I want to get into Spider-man
Reading the Amazing Spider-man comics will take forever and Ultimate Spider-man turns into garbage at the end. Best solution for getting into Spider-man, Watch Spectacular Spider-man. It has elements from both and it's only two seasons. If you decide that you finally got into Spider-man then read the Ultimate line.
>>
>>83186956
Whatever you do don't start with Ultimate.
>>
File: 891565-masm53a.jpg (137 KB, 836x1280) Image search: [Google]
891565-masm53a.jpg
137 KB, 836x1280
This one.
>>
Maybe Spider-Man just isn't my bag, but I read USM after /co/ kept telling me how great it was, and it just thought it was alright. It was too saved by the bell for my taste.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.