[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dr. Manhattan in the DCU piques my interest >Decide to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: fuckingretarded.jpg (13 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
fuckingretarded.jpg
13 KB, 500x333
>Dr. Manhattan in the DCU piques my interest
>Decide to read Rebirth
>Start with DC Universe: Rebirth #1
>First page
>This tale takes place after Justice League #50 and Superman #52, so read those first!
>Okay
>Read Superman #52
>This is pretty bad but whatever
>Who is this evil superman
>Who is this dark superman
>Superman dies
>Entire comic was a 3 minute read, would've been pretty pissed off if I actually paid for it
>Okay
>Read Justice League #50
>Who the fuck is this chick
>Who the fuck is that chick
>Why is everyone a God
>Who's baby is that
>Who's this evil flash
>Who's this green lantern lady
>What in fuck is going on
>Is Superman still alive
>Give up on Rebirth
I mean Jesus Christ I thought Marvel events were a clusterfuck but I've never read anything as terrible as Justice League #50. Does DC have any idea how inaccessible this mess is? Do they really expect new readers to backtrack and read dozens of trash comics just to understand what's going on for their hip new reboot? No wonder capeshit is dying.
>>
You didn't actually have to read JL and Superman, that was a note for current readers of those books because Rebirth itself contained spoilers for them.

I'm sorry you're retarded and didn't understand this immediately when they included the note.
>>
Wow omg the final issue of a 10 part storyline is confusing if you don't read the first 9 parts. Whodathunk?!?

Fucking retard.
>>
>>83186227
this
just read DCUR yesterday without reading anything before and had absolutely no problem
nada
>>
>>83186183
as expected from a Marvel reader
>>
just read rebirth
>>
>>83186183
Kill yourself, drone.
>>
File: 1463388176459.png (38 KB, 499x338) Image search: [Google]
1463388176459.png
38 KB, 499x338
>>83186183
>GUYS I'M READING THE ENDING OF A STORY AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING
>>
>>83187121
>#1
>ending of a story

Everyone involved with this is a massive, unredeemable retard. DC, you, OP, me, and everyone in between.
>>
>>83187575
He was talking about Superman 52, good job putting your critical thinking cap on.
>>
>>83187627
It's DC, why bother to put any thought into anything
>>
This. This is why DC and somewhat marvel can't havve nice things. They've gone fool navel-gazing, fart sniffing mode where a lot of things can't even be read unless you want to expand your catalogue for no reason. This is why I gave up on teen titans. They could have had a fan for life but around issue 8 it just started in the middle of an ongoing arc and apparently they wanted me to buy someone other comic just to see the titans putz about for a couple issues. Suck my cock, marvel. DC sucks too much dick to even complain about how each artist's cockring is linked together.
>>
>>83186227
Yeah, it was a really poorly worded spoiler warning. So many people have been complaining about this
>>
>>83186183
Or you could have just read Rebirth by itself numbnuts.
>>
I know you guys want to defend this but you can see why people complain about not being able to get into comics right?

I mean there's like 7 Batman and Batman-related books out right now
>>
>>83190857
The problem is actually people like OP go in assuming you have to read everything when you don't.
>>
>Hear that before reading Rebirth should read Lois & Clark #8, Superman #52 and Justice League #50
>Haven't been reading any of those books
>Read Lois & Clark #8
>Understand and follow along perfectly fine with 90% of what's happening cos am not a retard
>Superman #52
>Understand and follow along perfectly fine with 90% of what's happening cos am not a retard
>Read Justice League #50
Literally almost everything you're confused about was explained in the issues. Are you sure you actually read them?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.