[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't the Mask work on Walter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 5157211-6009731014-walte.png (730 KB, 516x567) Image search: [Google]
5157211-6009731014-walte.png
730 KB, 516x567
Why didn't the Mask work on Walter?
>>
>>83185531
It didn't fit
>>
It didn't fit or tin foil hat theory Walter is some kind of Magic powered being and the mask only works on regular folks, which is possible considering that the Mask takes place on the DC universe
>>
He has no hidden desires or subconscious personality.

What you see is what you get.
>>
>>83185701
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT?
>>
If he pulled it off, did he die?
>>
>>83185842
This meme is extremely painful.
>>
>>83185828

Uh...same guy but green?
>>
>>83185531
Maybe the mask thought Walter's face was literally a brick wall.
>>
>>83185921
You're a big guy.
>>
I think Walter out-evils The Mask. The Mask makes people more violent and outrageous, but I think Walter straight up wanted to destroy the world, and there's no fun in that for The Mask.
>>
>>83185577
It's able to stretch over people's heads, remember?
>>
>>83185531
No sense of humour.
>>
>>83186248
4U
>>
>>83185531
He looks like a fucking chimp.
>>
I always believed it's because Walter has no sense of humor and therefore he negates the cartoony powers of the mask. That is also how he manages to survive all those clashes - he is a foil, the straight man, a Bugs to the mask's Daffy. Even someone so strong and durable as Walter would lose to the almost godlike mask if not for some weird ability to negate it's powers.

Well, that and >>83185701
>>
>>83186090
Rolf was the son of a shepard, but now Rolf is the posterior of a duck!
>>
>>83185531
I firmly believe that the Mask doesn't work on him because it's funnier this way.
>>
File: youthoughtitwasstanley.jpg (53 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
youthoughtitwasstanley.jpg
53 KB, 600x600
I love the Mask.
>>
>>83185531
His face is too big. IT's funny.
>>
>>83189139
>Dio's lines in Jim Carrey's voice
Lawdy.
>>
>>83187891

I kind of like that. A character who is so completely devoid of anything other than the conscious mind that it offers him resistance to the Mask's usual unstoppability because he's the perfect straight man foil.
>>
>>83190986
Thats how Frank Castle beat a possessed Dr. Strange.
>>
>>83189565
That's how I always read them. Was that wrong?
>>
>>83189565
>>Dio's lines in Jim Carrey's voice
Ache Oh Elll Ee...Why? Because DIVER!
>>
>>83185531
It could be because he had no dark deep desires that the Mask could awaken. No Id that he didn't live already.
Or because he had no imagination that the Mask could feast upon to make his desires to come true,

Or because his head is too big, which is my favored explanation.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.