[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding Dory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: finding-dory-xlarge.jpg (79 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
finding-dory-xlarge.jpg
79 KB, 1280x721
what do you think about the upcoming Pixar movie, sequel to one of the most highest grossing animated movies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oddWuCHBmzA
>>
>>83185357
Dory was a great support character. You got to enjoy her quirkiness but she didn't hang around on the screen long enough to wear out her welcome. Now they decided to make an entire movie about her and her gimmick. It's gonna be a disaster, but it will make a shit pile of money anyway, a la Minions.
>>
>>83185435
The plot is also a rehash of the original movie.

Dory tries to find her parents with Marlin. Other sea creatures help them along the way. Surfer dude turtle shows up at some point.
>>
>>83185357
It's a fucking Pixar movie.
Regardless of it probably re-using a storytelling formula that has always worked, it's still going to be good.
>>
Im gonna watch it.
>>
My only fear is that it's going to inevitably cause a resurgence of shitty rip-off animated fish movies for another 10 years.

Otherwise, I feel extremely indifferent towards this. Frankly, I'm just burnt out on Nemo in general anyway.
>>
>>83185357

Fucking Pixar sell-outs. Ill stick to my red-pilled bird movies, thank you very much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqjzquzFSMg
>>
I've always felt that Finding Nemo was one of Pixar's weaker movies, honestly.
>>
>>83185357

A Sequel That Nobody Asked For.
>>
i think it's great
>>
>>83185435
Unlike Minions, however, Finding Dory will be tolerable.
>>
>>83185357
Unhappy that it name drops my home town. Tourist season is going to be even worse. I hope they potray it badly
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 486x720
>>83185357
>goofy side character is focus of the sequel

Where have I heard this before?
>>
>>83185357

I want it to be a Toy Story 2 or a Toy Story 3 but it has a pretty big chance of being a Monsters University.

>>83192283

I pray to God it doesn't end up being a Cars 2.
>>
File: 1462075105791.png (621 KB, 646x534) Image search: [Google]
1462075105791.png
621 KB, 646x534
Pixar doesnt have a good track record with -quels

Making the quirky side character the main protagonist doesnt fill me with much hope
>>
>>83192164
I have never seen tourism in one particular area be influenced by a single animated film.
>>
File: Raven_wants_to_read.png (376 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
Raven_wants_to_read.png
376 KB, 699x699
>>83192528
Weren't all the sequels made after Pixar had been bought and most of its top talent had migrated to the main Disney animation studio, and Pixar was more brand than creative force?
>>
>>83186275
We're going to go through a whole new wave of ignorant pet owners killing blue tangs and clownfish out of neglect aren't we?
>>
>>83192729
its the curse of Disney
literally every single time they make an animal movie, this happens
>>
>>83192699
Except for TS2
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.