[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dr. Manhattan vs. Wally West?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: 2022239-captain_atom__3.jpg (76 KB, 593x900) Image search: [Google]
2022239-captain_atom__3.jpg
76 KB, 593x900
So let me get this straight: Manhattan will kill anyone who knows about his involvement in the New 52, that's why he atomized Metron, Owlman and Pandora. OK, that makes sense.
But if so, shouldn't he be gunning for Wally too? He's the one who warned Barry about Manhattan's influence. Are the Titans going to have to fight Manhattan? What's up with that?
>>
>>83182390
He was inside the speedforce, maybe manhattan cannot affect him there.
>>
>>83182434
He's visibly de-aged though
>>
>>83182390
>Pandora
>Metron
>Owlman

No fanbases

>Wally

Big fanbase.

It wouldn't be cheap pandering if they killed him too
>>
>>83182390
Wally only know there is someone manipulating the strings, but doesn't know his identity, while Pandora, Owlman and Metron did
>>
>>83182471
The real question is why didn't he kill Pandora sooner, while he killed Owlman and Metron as soon as they found out
>>
Looks like even omnipotence is no match for the speed force.
>>
>>83182639
So they had something to put in the issue other than Wally West.
>>
File: 1463823757970.png (109 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
1463823757970.png
109 KB, 180x240
That would imply that anyone can take on a wally with full speed force access.
Even now if we're talking power levels wally if he's not holding back is SBP power levels which Manhattan should be sitting on at minimum
>>
When were Metron and Owlman atomized? Darkseid War?
>>
>>83182471
Probably this.

Consider that this is an ongoing experiment. Then, Wally being a hero matters. Dr Manhattan might be interested in how a superhero handles the big secret of what he's done; conversely, coming from the Watchmen world, it's unlikely he'd care about what more neutral/evil characters would do, since that's all he's been surrounded by.

>>83182639
My guess is that Pandora, up to that point, could shroud herself from Manhattan's gaze. The Mobius chair probably directly pinged Manhattan as well (or, certainly, Manhattan would carefully watch over any "sources of all knowledge" and how they're used), which instantly made him aware of where they were and what they had asked.
>>
>>83182853

The flashes as a collective could FACE but not defeat prime

Superman prime almost got killed by an accidental leak of Monarch's power

I know Johns hates Captain Atom (for some reason him and waid really dislike him, probably being fanboys of firestorm) but if they will make Doc an actual threat they need to go for at least Monarch level.
>>
On twitter Booth has hinted that Wally's white lightning is a plot point and not just a visual quirk. He's basically a god now I'd guess.
>>
>>83182943
Literally end of Justice League #50.
>>
>>83182390
>Dr. Manhattan in the DCU
Is there a reading list for this? It's probably just a gimmick but sounds interesting enough
>>
>>83182943
End of JL50.

>>83136183
>>83136201
>>
>>83182390
Wally was the most OP Flash though. When people talk about attoseconds, and that paragragh writes about how the Flash can be at every place at every instance of time and space, they are talking about Wally though, right? So as rediculously OP as Manhattan is, if they took it to the point that they actually had that max OP Wally vs time/space travelling OHKO Manhattan, and lets say Wally could hit him with multiple IMPs, is it even possible for Wally to stop him?
>>
>>83182978
When have Waid and Johns display dislike for Captain Atom, and why would Firestrom fanboying preclude an enjoyment of Cap? I have only read the very short first Firestorm series and some old Charlton Cap.
>>
>>83182989
The Flash as a god makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason.
>>
I've been meaning to ask, and since the OP image has Captain Atom, I'm doing it here. Are there two Atom's in the DCU? One being Doc Manhattan lite, and the other being the professor?
>>
File: Captain_Atom_Vol_1_43.jpg (85 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Atom_Vol_1_43.jpg
85 KB, 400x616
>>83183129
>and why would Firestrom fanboying preclude an enjoyment of Cap?

They usually get rid of Captain Atom in 1 or 2 panels, he is always used as a bomb, Firestorm and Captain Atom were 2 pretty good figures back in the late 80's and early 90's, one was trying tod estroy the nukes in the planet and the other was well, a nuke. They would fought more than a few times and it was always a victory for Captain Atom. In comics there was nothing wrong, especially if you liked both characters, but in the fanboy universe it was a little like the Rolling stones and the beattles or Megadeth and Metallica. Johns favorite Captain Atom story is one that most people that likes the character (and almost every Sandman fan) hate. Johns likes Weisman but he is and will always be a Firestorm boy.
>>
>>83183475
>One being Doc Manhattan lite
Captain Atom has always been more powerful than Doc, but i have no doubts Johns will ignore every version of the character that isnt.

Also Captain Atom has nothing to do with Atom.

, and the other being the professor?
>>
So who's more powerful Manhattan or Captain Atom? I have heard a lot lately that the n52 version of Captain Atom is like Doctor Manhattan on steroids or something like that.
>>
>>83183094
Jon isn't just the physical form you see him as. He exists as something more. If you manage to completely atomize him while he confines himself to one body, he'll simply re-form whenever he sees fit.
>>
>>83183483

People hate that Capt Atom story? i really dug it.

I feel it's more like he's useful as a bomb and people just go straight to him to use.
>>
>>83183584
>I have heard a lot lately that the n52 version of Captain Atom is like Doctor Manhattan on steroids or something like that.

Someone needs to post that one time where Captian Atom destroyed the quantum universe and recreated it in seconds just to save a dog.

To answer your question Captain Atom has destroyed 3 universes, was involved in the destruction of the wildstorm one and then he was suppose to destroy the future new52 universe eventually
>>
>>83182390
Just realized there's a witness to Manhattan still alive, the Mobius Chair was left intact, and guess who's still inside the chair, and with the chair just sitting on the moon it's only a matter of time before GRID and the chair are found and Manhattan is revealed to the world...
>>
>>83183717
I bet Captain Atom and Doctor Manhattan aren't going to interact at all, which sucks because that would be interesting.
>>
>>83183755

>GRID

is that what happened to him
>>
>>83183717
>>83183780
in the Rebirth special it looked like they retconned Atom to a more normal version anyway probably to avoid that power level confusion stuff
>>
>>83183584

Captain Atom is more powerful than Watchmen Manhattan, but this Manhattan seems to be even more powerful than that
>>
>>83183642
I only remember Johns using Captain Atom in the JSA/JLA crossover. Him exploding and quantum jumping is a plot point.
>>
>>83184493
And Waid killing him in Kingdom Come... doing the same but just dying. I guess that One of the problems with Captain Atom was that he could pretty effortless beat Superman, Firstorm and The Ray, so getting rid of the guy was a better option than trying to work around his power set. And since he hasnt been popular since before the death of superman it's easy just to push him to the sidelines.
>>
>>83183571
Like.. one version of Atom is as strong as Doc, and thats Monarch. After the Watchmen movie, they slowly started making Cap more like Doc, especially in Justice League Generation Lost
>>
File: Captain Atom.jpg (789 KB, 1072x1708) Image search: [Google]
Captain Atom.jpg
789 KB, 1072x1708
>>83184923
>hey slowly started making Cap more like Doc

Kek.
>>
Why didn't Wally find pre-nu52 Clark when he was stuck in the Speed Force?
>>
>>83185341
Clark wasn't stuck in the speed force. He was just trapped in Convergence.
>>
>>83185386
Yes but Wally was looking for someone who remembered him and went to everyone he knew except for the one guy who was from his version of the timeline
>>
>>83183959
You're confusing Atom with Captain Atom.
>>
>>83185460
He didn't really know about the two clarks
>>
>>83185620
No I was being lazy and not typing his full name. You can see Captain Atom in the scene about Ollie and Dinah and he is normal.
>>
>>83185341
That's a good question.

I'd assume that:
a) Wally somehow didn't know that post-Crisis Clark existed?
and/or
b) Given that "Mr Oz" said that the Supermen aren't who they think they are, it's possible that Wally simply wouldn't be able to "feel" either one of them.

For example, in the scene where Wally visits nu52 Superman's death site, he can't clearly see Superman. There might be any number of reasons for that, but I'd assume it has something to do with the secret.

Also, the next scene -- where we see post-Crisis Superman and his family -- is one of the few where Wally doesn't narrate until the very end. Perhaps, after hearing what was said by Mr Oz, he didn't feel comfortable reaching out.
>>
>>83185620
That's what I did too. They really should've had better naming conventions
>>
>>83185460
Aside from Batman not a single one of them make sense, the batman was forced but a Flash going to batman to give him a message is traditional so fine i get it. But fuck, after that he should had gone with Barry countless times.
>>
>>83185654
Oh, shit, you're right.
>>
>>83185690
To be fair, he's kind of been spending the past 5 years trying to not become speed force juice AND figure out what happened
>>
>>83185690
Should have just been Linda then Barry. I think he just had trouble zeroing in and meta-wise they wanted to homage COIE.
>>
link to the rebirth story time?
>>
>>83185671
Captain Atom comes from the Charlton universe.
The Atom was an All-Star Comics Superhero (that was eventually part of DC) and a founding member of the JSA, Ray Palmer is from the Silver Age and is not really related to DC's first Atom.
>>
>>83186134
it was posted a few times >>83134205
>>
>>83183038
Final page of Justice League 50
DC Rebirth #1
>>
File: And that's terrible.jpg (317 KB, 610x450) Image search: [Google]
And that's terrible.jpg
317 KB, 610x450
>>83182390

We have no proof it's Manhattan exploding people, you do it ONE TIME in your own book and suddenly everyone's profiling you.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.