[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they building the characters' relationships from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: DC-Rebirth-1-3.jpg (149 KB, 820x628) Image search: [Google]
DC-Rebirth-1-3.jpg
149 KB, 820x628
Why are they building the characters' relationships from zero again if they can just remember their previous history?

Are they really going to bring Pre-Flashpoint history back or is this just a half-assed attempt at doing it like The New 52 was at being a reboot?
>>
>>83182101
Yes.
>>
>>83182101
wasn't Ted dead?
>>
They were never going to bring back pre-Flashpoint history. New 52 is still the main continuity.

It is likely the only things that will need to be fully remembered to work are past events like the JSA and Teen Titans. I imagine most other instances will be like deja vu for characters like the Dinah and Ollie stuff. They won't fully remember.
>>
>>83182172
Ted was young.
>>
>>83182101
they would have to come up with new stories and stuff
now for two years they can sell you the same shit with just a minor different color
>>
>>83182101
I going to assume if Doc Manhattan is the cause of all of this, at the end when/if they defeat him or he sees other pov most of the pre-nu52 are going to get their memories back...that said this Ted and this Jaime aren't really the same characters of pre-nu52.
I think the only ones that are the same characters are Wally, Barry, Supes, Lois and their kid.
>>
>>83182183
This is better to be honest.

If it was like the faggot OP wants, it would be shit.
>>
>>83182101
It's a *hahaha* jumping-on point for *snort* new readers eheheheheheh.
>>
>>83182362
The point IS that they are the same characters, just that they can't remember events.
>>
>>83182391
OP here. What I don't want is a half-assed shit. Either you keep the New 52 continuity or bring back the old one. They're trying to have their cake and eat it too.
>>
>>83182101

Its just a soft reboot of new 52
>>
It's a gradual reversion to post-crisis I think.

Nobody seems happy that they've got ten years taken off.
>>
It's not a company wide reboot, the Nu52 still exists as it is.

It IS a fact they will be reintroducikg characters and relationships from the Pre-Flashpoint by:
Retcons to make things similar to the universe before the Nu52.
Salvaging Pre-FP characters (even hinting SBP could come back)

They're basically saying:
"We fucked up, we made the Nu52 too cynical and nobody liked it. It took us forever to get the origins stories out for it, now we're doing it again but we're going to focus on legacies, families and relationships."
>>
>>83182101
All I do is whine and hitch. Hitch and whine.
>>
>>83182101
They're trying to ease into it so it's accessible to older readers and ones who've only started since the New 52.
>>
Remember Heroes Reborn, anyone? The New 52 was just DC's version, right down to Harras and Lee being behind it.
>>
>>83182101
They don't remember their previous history.

The whole point of rebirth is setting in stone New 52 as a new Timeline made from Post-Crisis universe.

Only changes is that they'll try to be less All New- All Different, y´know
>>
I think what people are misunderstanding about Rebirth is the idea that it's a reboot, and we want to revert to some previous state of the DCU, when what they're really trying to accomplish is incorporate those past elements that will allow stories to progress in a new direction without feeling like a betrayal of those previous incarnations.

Wally can't just have Linda fall back into his arms by telling her they used to be married and in love, for example. It's a very tricky thing, love, and you can't just hit the reset button on it without making a lot of people very angry. Perhaps rightfully so. But now Linda has that knowledge. She saw that man appear in a bolt of lightning and claim to be someone she used to love. She doesn't know this man, but she knows what she saw was too strange to be total lies, or a figment of her imagination. She's an investigator at heart and she's not going to let this lie, she has to see for herself who this Wally person is and why he genuinely seemed to believe they were together at some point. What she'll do with that knowledge is up to her once she finds it, but being able to rediscover and learn that forgotten history puts her in a much better place than she was, as a character, when Wally was erased from the DCU and reverted to "Barry's nephew", and she effectively did not exist unless some writer wanted to just completely re-do her romance with the new Wally.
>>
>>83182967
Get out of here with your proper comprehension and level-headedness.
>>
>>83182101
Don't act like you aren't gonna tear up when this Ted meets Booster for the new first time or when Dinah and Ollie meet each other then team up with Hal or when Ryan Choi asks Carter Hall to help him find Ray
>>
>>83184191
This is a good point on the Linda stuff. I think she has to seek him out or it could be too creepy if he like pressures her into anything. And similar to how we were shown with Green Arrow and Black Canary she might feel sort of drawn to him in general even outside of her investigative drive.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.