[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any comics about black guys solving crimes and spouting jazzy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: SuperFly.jpg (411 KB, 1600x1255) Image search: [Google]
SuperFly.jpg
411 KB, 1600x1255
Any comics about black guys solving crimes and spouting jazzy one liners? I want some good old fashioned blackxploitation.
>>
>>83182052
Pretty sure that's exactly what early Luke Cage comics were
>>
Dead Letters
>>
File: Not Your Average Motherfucker.jpg (290 KB, 640x1024) Image search: [Google]
Not Your Average Motherfucker.jpg
290 KB, 640x1024
>>83182052
Ape Entertainment published a Black Dynamite one-shot several years back. They even got old-school 1970s comics artist Jun Lofamia to do the art for that blaxploitation feel (pic-related)

IDW also published a Black Dynamite miniseries after that.
>>
Super Fly wasn't fighting crime, he was saving his own ass.
>>
File: Virgil.jpg (250 KB, 994x1528) Image search: [Google]
Virgil.jpg
250 KB, 994x1528
This one's about a gay Jamaican cop but it's pretty classic hero-against-the-system and being a total badass.

>>83182163
Fuck, I love the art in that series so much.
>>
>>83184633
>Ape Entertainment
Subtle
>>
There's a Shaft ongoing that's pretty good.
>>
>>83184666
Yeah OP, Priest was a straight up drug kingpin.
>>
>>83184691
>gay Jamaican cop

As a Jamaican I ask how the fuck did that guy not get brutally beat to death? Carribeans really do not like Gays atleast the male ones
>>
>>83184886
That's kinda the whole point of the book. He was stealthmode, but somebody outs him and it becomes a total manhunt to kill him and his partner. He's trying to get them both out of Jamaica and to the US where they can be safe.
>>
File: black dynamite kung fu.gif (999 KB, 500x245) Image search: [Google]
black dynamite kung fu.gif
999 KB, 500x245
>>83184693
A coincidence, I assure you. Ape Entertainment primarily publishes licensed kids picture books and comics (Sesame Street, Penguins of Madagascar, Strawberry Shortcake, etc.).

IIRC, Black Dynamite was their first attempt to publish a licensed comic that isn't based on a kids/all-ages property (Black Dynamite is a blaxploitation parody film directed by and starring Michael Jai White... the dude who played Spawn in the 1990s live-action Spawn movie). Probably didn't work out for them, since the license migrated to IDW not long after the one-shot's publication.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.