[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been thinking this for a really long time, but this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
I've been thinking this for a really long time, but this week has really made me come to terms with the fact that I hate Marvel. I've tried to give them a chance in the past but nothing they've ever made has really interested me. DC has offered me stuff like The Spectre, Suicide Squad, and Hitman that I've grown up with, but Marvel's heroes have always been kiddish and underdeveloped in comparison.

What also gets me is how anal Marvel fans are. I've noticed that almost all Marvel fans are social outcasts while the majority of people happily grow up with DC. It feels like a really contrarian way to make decisions. With that comes a sense of unwarranted self importance. Marvel fans like to pretend their books are "smart," and have a lot of guys like Hickman that write a lot of pseud gobbledygook. Marvel stories are all about being told how smart you are and being meta. DC isn't high art but they're good at telling stories about people that act like people.

But what really gets me is that they're always rebooting and pushing events that do nothing but dredge up shit from their past for nostalgia. It's a backwards way of writing that shows that they're creatively bankrupt, and I feel like they hurt ALL comics, not just their own.

What do you think? Why do you hate or like Marvel?
>>
Wait was that shit in the open pic an actual comic Marvel put out.
>>
>>83180076

Is that from an actual comic?
>>
I'm an angry social outcast who likes marvel so I guess you're right

That said I'm not really reading current marvel, mostly just 70s stuff right now
>>
>>83180798
>>83180873
Yep, courtesy of Kate Leth and Nat Whatserface
>>
>>83180076
I hate marvel for what they are doing to the x-men, to be honest I got really hard into comics when marvel now was ending so I dont know about Bendis era of x-men.

Also I feel the same way about DC .
>>
>>83180917

Quality!
>>
>>83180917
>Kate Leth

She really is shit.

I actually kind of miss the Power Up hate read threads, mocking that her protag is literally that "how to appeal to tumblr" thing a much more talented woman(Pleb) drew.
>>
>>83180076
You're a fucking tool that actually believes that there are differences between the big two.
Both of them try to reinvent the wheel constantly with dumb shit, both of them dredge up old shit purely for nostalgia.
It's just that the Marvel movies are popular at the moment and they have the biggest market share, so you need to be contrarian so you hate Marvel.
>>
>>83180076
I think that company wars threads should be a bannable offense, and that you should feel ashamed of yourself, OP.
>>
>>83180076
you cherrypicked the one horribly bad panel in an otherwise okay comic
nat isn't a SJW, she's just corrupted by them like most good nice people are. because they've established themselves as the nice people party. just like when democrats up and decided to stop being the pro-slavery anti-business party and somehow became the anti-racist anti-business party, as if that makes any sense. they just decided to be, and became it. because you can claim that

so start showing them SJWs are mean bullies and YOU are nice, and cute nice people like this will come back to our side.
>>
>>83181223
>you cherrypicked the one horribly bad panel

That's fair

>in an otherwise okay comic

That's just wrong. It's pretty sub-par. People do overreact with how terrible it is but it's not good by any means either.
>>
>>83181223
By Nat are you guys talking about the.chick that made Bee and Puppycat.
>>
>>83180076

So is this piece of shit getting canned for good?
>>
>>83180076
I think Marvel and DC have rarely published anything worth reading outside of the last century. I also think it's getting worse now with crossover events on both sides, every year using them more and more as a cheap trick to pull in sales from the collector market.
>>
File: 1464236889970.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1464236889970.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>83181223

Page 1, everything looks like shit
>>
>>83180979
I guess power up! got cancelled?
>>
>>83181749
Who the hell colored and inked? I've seen Nat's other art and she normally does a better job than this.
>>
I like Marvel's characters and universe and there are writers who do good work there.

I don't get why you guys can't ignore them. I had a period of falling out of love with big 2 but constantly whine
>>
>>83180076
Wait a minute, She-Hulk can switch between her hulk form and her normal human form? I though she was all green, all the time?
>>
>>83181755

it was a mini
>>
>>83181794

She did the colors...
>>
File: 1447083772107.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1447083772107.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
What the fuck is happening right now? Why is everyone losing their shit over Marvel and DC?
>>
>>83182347
Both Marvel and DC put out comics that got mainstream attention yesterday, so our board is being flooded by more casuals than usual, and there's nothing casuals love more than console war faggotry.
>>
>>83181848
No? Have you never read a She-hulk comic? She stays in her Hulk form because she has low self-esteem normally, but doesn't when she's hulked out. Nothing stops her from going back to her normal form other than not wanting to.
>>
File: 1461851547740.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1461851547740.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>83180076
Just read Vision and Moon Knight you pleb.

Why're you acting like you're being legally forced to read all of their comics? Are you retarded?
>>
>>83180076
They still have titles I like.
Vision, Ewing's books, Duggan's books, Ms. Marvel, Gwenpool.

But they put out more bad than good and almost nobody at the company seems to have any love or respect for the customers or characters.

Granted, DC has also had this problem, but they seem like they're trying to change for the better while Marvel is all too happy to be cunts since Disney/Star Wars/the movies have made them unstoppable.
Why try or care if you don't have to?
>>
File: FunTown.jpg (52 KB, 667x370) Image search: [Google]
FunTown.jpg
52 KB, 667x370
capeshit threads are like watching retards fight over whose shortbus's windows taste best
>>
>>83180076
>what do you think
I don't give a shit. It's just comic books you fucking nerd. On a serious level I'll shitpost ironically about stuff but I literally don't fucking care.
>>
>>83180076
>She's not my girlfriend people of different genders can be just friends, you okd fashioned-

How in the fuck is assuming two women are girlfriends old fashion? Also make that same argumemt about Bucky and Steve and peoole will call you a homophobe.

Also that art is just awful, any /co/drawfag is better than that shit, ughhhh.
>>
>>83183522
>How in the fuck is assuming two women are girlfriends old fashion?

That's a guy talking.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.