[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
captain america #1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14
File: A A6km5g7x.jpg (2 MB, 4601x2365) Image search: [Google]
A A6km5g7x.jpg
2 MB, 4601x2365
what did you guts think of the new change
>>
I don't like it without the head wings.
>>
>>83178899
You all should be smart enough to know that this isn't permanent. People who get booty blasted over this are just movie fags.
>>
>>83178920
I thought this too, but the lack of wings makes him look decidedly more HYDRA.
>>
>>83178899
>"Word of Captain America’s dark turn seems to have reached Chris Evans, the actor who plays the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Steve Rogers. Evans responded to the news with a simple tweet reading, “Hydra?!?!? #sayitaintso.”
>>
File: Ah Yes Reapers.gif (496 KB, 500x202) Image search: [Google]
Ah Yes Reapers.gif
496 KB, 500x202
>New
>Change
>>
>>83178899
I think its damage control from the boyfriend thing
>>
File: cap.jpg (27 KB, 672x568) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
27 KB, 672x568
Costume is the worst part tbqh
>>
hail hydra
>>
>>83178899
I have faith in Spencer and cannot wait to see where he's going with this.
>>
I'm more worried about the litteral fags that try to turn everyone (cap included)
homosexual.
Why the fuck do people HAVE to change something do that it's like them to like it?
It's so weird, these people call for tolerance yet try to change everything that isn't just like them.

Hell, I'm a white dude and Black Panther is one of my favorite hero. I don't ask for him to be changed into a WASP.

As to Cap's TWEEEST, I just don't care. It's a comic, litteraly everything can happen, it means jackshit, everything can be set back to the original way. If anything, I just find it pretty lame because it's so opposite to what you'd expect. Like, if it wasn't so sudden and far stretched, I'd say why not. But that? Meh.
>>
>>83179257
This issue has been written for, at absolute bare minimum, 3 months. The give Cap a boyfriend thing started... 2 days ago. Unless Marvel has access to a Doom Time Platform, that's impossible.
>>
>>83179467
>I'm more worried about the litteral fags that try to turn everyone (cap included) homosexual.
Anon, that VAST majority of people pushing for that are straight white girls.
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (94 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
94 KB, 468x468
>>83178899
>what did you guts think of the new change
What's a hydra?
>>
>>83179560
I can sorta see why, but still, I like lesbian sex just like I'm guessing they like homo-sex, yet I don't ask for Black Widow to be into women.

Maybe they were just lucky their pityful hashtag took off?
>>
i think we need more thread about the same topic because obviously we havent talk about it enough
>>
File: intestines.jpg (110 KB, 492x334) Image search: [Google]
intestines.jpg
110 KB, 492x334
>>83178899
What did you guts think of the new change
>what did you guts
I was indifferent about it but my guts seemed to like it
>>
>>83178899

>costume

Awful. I really liked Sam Wilson outfit better. Looks weird and didn't even notice the ear wings were missing until it was pointed out in this thread

The new shield looks ugly. Too much empty space and cap should have just brought the energy shield out of retirement

>the tweest

I would have appreciated a slow burn. Throwing it out there on issue one seems forced and edgey. Only way they can write themselves out of this is false memories or some mind bullshit from Red Skull

Or Kobik replaced Steve with a Steve from a different universe
>>
>>83179626
>>>/a/
>>
>>83178899
desu senpai I've been having diarrhea for a few days now and finding out about this explains it, or maybe I just had food poisoning.
>>
>>83179686
Agreed. Is it good, bad? Why won't anybody say anything?
>>
>>83179626
It's like the Eclipse, but Captain American is Griffith and Marvel canon is Casca.
>>
>>83179626
Came here to post this
>>
>>83179467
>It's so weird, these people call for tolerance yet try to change everything that isn't just like them.

they wanna go from 98% main characters being straight white men to something like 60%, give other kinds of people more chance to enjoy the limelight. The rationale behind what they do is 'if we try to make as many things gay as possible, while most will result in nothing happening hopefully at least a couple will'

and why on Earth would that be a thing that worries you?
>>
>>83179853

Because as we've seen lately, that crowd cries bloody murder when attractive women are scantly clad and wants it regulated, while openly ogling at gay men and talking about how hot they are.

I personally don't mind having more gay people in media, but for fuck sake, why police what *I* like at the same time you're pushing more gay representation? See also: The Mary Sue.
>>
>>83179853

Actually it's because female "fans" fail at life so badly that they want to live in a fantasy world where no one is attracted to women.
>>
Comics are serious business
>>
>>83179853
Because teu don't read comcis, and because making 40% of the characters minoritties us forced as fuck. 80% of the named female population on Gothan is bi or lesbian, while in reality this number woud be less than 4% on the overral population.

The thing about these people asking representation non stop, is that they don't have a clean end goal in mind. This is why you ends up with people on tumblr making the ENTIRE cast of shows and comics some special snowflake.
>>
File: owlface.png (377 KB, 521x613) Image search: [Google]
owlface.png
377 KB, 521x613
>Steve was Hydra from the beginning
>the last 70 years of his comics become invalidated
>Steve was under mind control
>wew lad another mind control story haven't heard this a billion times

no way this is ending well
>>
>>83178899
It doesn't make sense.
>>
For all we know this could be a hitler clone of Steve or something. Heck it could be cosmic cube shenanigans. Marvel is stupid, but not stupid enough to take one of their most iconic heroes and make him a bad guy all along.
>>
>>83179467
Hispanic at the disco, here. I don't relate to Miles Morales. I like Peter. I relate to characters not skin colors or sexualities.

Granted my example sucks, but why not create characters that are gay or black or hispanicmand hope they thrive? Why make Cap gay when you can make a gay character?
>>
File: 1431747385428.gif (105 KB, 232x297) Image search: [Google]
1431747385428.gif
105 KB, 232x297
how much backpedalling are they gonna do
>hahahaha jokes on you i was merely pretending
>>
>>83180534
>Why make Cap gay when you can make a gay character?

Because they want hetero people to get angry about it.
That's it. No, really.

They stopped giving a fuck and they just downright admit they want people to get riled up.

Right after the beginning of the Ghostbusters fiasco they simply stopped giving a fuck.
>>
>>83180344
Why don't you actually read the comic? He clearly isn't Hydra from the beginning.
>>
File: Marvel dealing with their fans.jpg (57 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Marvel dealing with their fans.jpg
57 KB, 500x375
>>83178899
I find the salt from this to be the funniest thing. This is way better than when tumblr got mad at Bendis for having Miles point out how fucked up it is to only like him for being non white.
>>
Pissed that we just get true Cap back, and then they pull this shit. Give us at least a short arc of Steve Rogers kicking ass for The Dream
>>
>>83180534
A friend of mine outright said, "I think its important to convert big named characters because it shows a company is serious about diversity, new characters aren't an investment."

I just sort of shrugged.

>>83180863
I never quite get that section of the black comic community that suddenly acts like its the 70s again whenever a black character doesn't act in a certain, approved way.
>>
>>83180983
Well, your friends a fucking idiot
>>
>>83180983
>I never quite get that section of the black comic community that suddenly acts like its the 70s again whenever a black character doesn't act in a certain, approved way.
Thing is that it wasn't blacks that were angry at Bendis it was mostly whites, hell the black community on tumblr identified with what Miles was saying about not wanting to be the black Spider-Man and just wanting to be Spider-Man.
>>
>>83181154
Well okay, I was thinking of the "Cyborg is emasculated." joke that suddenly effected the comic admittedly.
>>
>>83181154
>whites getting offended on behalf of people who are perfectly capable of being offended without help
I wish this surprised me anymore.
>>
>>83178920
We Ultimate now.
>>
>>83178964
>>>83178899 (OP)
>You all should be smart enough to know that this isn't permanent
Agreed. I don't know why casuals and actual comic book readers are freaking out so much. It's a comic, shit changes. We don't even know what's going on yet, it could be mind control for all we know considering Red Skull is earth's greatest Teliphath now but it's certainly not permanent
>>
File: HAIL HYDRA.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
HAIL HYDRA.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>83178899
>Evans literally doing the hitler salute.
>>
>>83181529
>I don't know why casuals and actual comic book readers are freaking out so much

Because it's shit. Just because it's going to be reverted at some point doesn't make it not complete shit.
>>
File: 3697928-captain+america.jpg (2 MB, 1928x2660) Image search: [Google]
3697928-captain+america.jpg
2 MB, 1928x2660
>>83181486
Here's pic
>>
>>83181461
>>83181257
>>83181154
can we all agree that the black wally west sucked and was an SJW cave in but turned out to be a little racist (which I laughed at)
>>
>>83181620
It had nothing to do with SJWs. It was because the Wests are black in the TV show, so they wanted to get in on that Movie/TV synergy vibe since CW Wally was going to be black.
>>
>>83180534
Maybe this will answer your question.
>>
File: 2078963514.jpg (410 KB, 1054x1658) Image search: [Google]
2078963514.jpg
410 KB, 1054x1658
>>83178920
Here a classic Cap with wings, anon. :3
>>
I gotta say, I don't really like it but I'll trust the writers are trying to go somewhere interesting with it and if its a good story I really won't mind. They probably did this to get a reaction and maybe generate some controversy which isn't a new thing. Actually the more I think about it, the more I'd enjoy an evil cap timeline. That might be cool.
>>
>>83178899
Who is the guy in the chair?
I thought that was Cap. Only seen screens tho.
>>
>>83181603
I don't get what's so shit about it. Isn't Red Skull a Professor X tier telepath now? Why would he not do something like this?
>>
>>83179698
>Or Kobik replaced Steve with a Steve from a different universe

My money's on this
>>
>>83178899
>Captain America's boyfriend is Hydra

So the hero is shit and nobody likes it, while many people find the obvious villain more appealing even though they know he's just playing them.

It's apropos political commentary, but that doesn't necessarily make it good.
>>
>>83182339
>too casual to read the issue

Storytime is here >>83137697, it's Selvig in the chair
>>
File: hydrachat.png (43 KB, 905x188) Image search: [Google]
hydrachat.png
43 KB, 905x188
>>83178899
It provides a lot of keks that's for sure.
>>
>>83178899
>People cried when Cap got killed in Civil War.
>People cried when Cap got replaced... multiple times.
>People are crying over Cap getting turned into a hydra agent.

Its going to get retconned, replaced, changed, or revealed to be a clone or something. The writers can say whatever the hell they want to, but eventually a movie will come out or someone high up will have had enough and Cap will be back and it will turn out that Kang the Conqueror was having a laugh at all of us and set up a fake hydra cult to recruit Steve's mom.
>>
This is the saddest fucking gimmick I've ever seen.

How fucking long until comics die, they're basically unprofitable and have been for years.
>>
>>83186419
>le comics need to die maymay
>>
>>83183777
>(Fem!Bucky)
Actual cancer.
>>
Does anyone have the page of Captain America saying hail Hydra from the new comic Captain America #1?
>>
>>83178899
Meh. Another dumb tweest for shock value in order to try and drive up sales. I supposed I'd be upset if I still read comics
>>
>>83187631
>I supposed I'd be upset if I still read comics

Psh, there's people who have never read comics and are sending death threats to the author.
>>
>>83180863

Enjoying the anal ravagement from this. All these movie children getting upset over their first shock heel turn.
>>
>>83179238
A woman with some weird sexual appetite once put it like this:

Everything stays
Right where you left it
Everything stays
But it still changes
Ever so slightly
Daily and nightly
In little ways
When everything stays
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.