[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are comics of this game worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: ultimate-spider-man.jpg (209 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
ultimate-spider-man.jpg
209 KB, 1280x1024
are comics of this game worth reading?
>>
>>83177548
Yes, Ultimate Spider-Man is one of the best spidey comic
>>
OP, this game is technically canon to the games.

And yeah, just stop when they kill off Peter and leave with the understanding that he died like the badass hero he was. Some of the Miles stuff was good but it always feels like reading a shallow version of what you really want.
>>
>>83177548
Well obivously it doesnt follow the same storyline of the game for the most part but it's pretty good. The Ultimates even show up and theres a good fight with Thor himself
>>
>>83177548
Definitely. I really enjoyed reading Ultimate Spider-Man as kid. By the way Spider-Man 2 for the PS2 best spidey game, just dropping it here.
>>
Some nice anons just storytimed USM last week.
It's some good shit. Awful art for a lot of it (the splashes are usually fantastic though, some even iconic) and coloring is pretty bad too, but god damn, the story and characters are great.
>>
>>83177548
>he hasn't read ultimate spider man
Don't let bendis' seal of shit scare you off, its awesome.
>>
USM was recently storytimed, check the archive op
>>
>>83177603
Nah, it was originally supposed to be canon, but everything that followed it in the comics contradicted it. Pretty obvious Bendis didn't consider it canon and that was just a marketing move.
>>
>>83177548
nah. it has some okay ideas but other than Spider-Man's death scene and the funeral parade afterwards nothing gets a good conclusion. just build up and build up and anti-climax ad nauseum.
>>
>>83177644
i'm downloading 4 gb usm comics right now
>>
>>83177603
yah i dont care about that black spider-man anyways
>>
>>83177548
It stays in its own bubble for most of its run and when its in that bubble, its absolutely great. Then Marvel starts forcing more and more crossovers until it becomes completely average.
>>
>>83177603
The game was originally stated to be canon, but was eventually retold in the comics with differences.
>>
>>83178539
such a shame ultimate venom didnĀ“t got his white spider of puberty in the comics
>>
>>83177548
Yes. Read until Miles shows up. Drop the book immediately at that point. The quality immediately tanks and becomes utter shit.
>>
How does USM compare to ASM?
>>
File: 10845_front.jpg (137 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
10845_front.jpg
137 KB, 640x625
>>83181094
The only Spider worth reading is USM and Todd McFarlane's Spiderman. Speaking of Spiderman games, this is it right here.
>>
>>83181366
>The only Spider worth reading is USM and Todd McFarlane's Spiderman.
Nigga, the Ditko/Romita Sr. run was great. Matter of fact, the JMS run was too until that particular story....
>>
>>83181467
Sins Past?
>>
>>83178510
The crossovers really didn't happen until Miles' run though, outside of Ultimatum which was just a one time deal and the Ultimatum tie-in for USM was actually pretty good and doesn't require you to read Ultimatum to understand.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.