[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Universe History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 4662424-5777886095-434928.jpg (339 KB, 1469x951) Image search: [Google]
4662424-5777886095-434928.jpg
339 KB, 1469x951
Hey, /tv/. I was wondering if there was a good video or site I could use to help summarize all the major events in the DC Universe like Crisis, New 52, etc. I'm new to reading comics and such, so I figured if I start reading from the "beginning", it would take a long time to catch up. Plus, I wouldn't know where to start. Anyone mind helping?
>>
>>83176234
>/tv/
I know they come here to shitpost, but come on
>>
>>83176234
>so I figured if I start reading from the "beginning",
Don't. This is a bad mentality. They're launching all new #1s next week, pick a character you like and read that
>>
OP here. I don't know if any of what I said makes sense or not. I'm bad at explaining things, haha.
>>
>>83176258

OP here again... I just realized I put "/tv/". Sorry about that.
>>
>>83176234
Wikipedia.
>>
>>83176304
It's okay, here's the list of issues coming out with rebirth to help you out
>>
>>83176234
start at new 52, search for titles that you like, work your way forward, and when you feel ready, workyou r way back with those characters
COIE
Infinite crisis
Final crisis
Flashpoint
are the things you should remember as major events
>>
That's not how continuity works. You just read at jump-on points and eventually you get it. You can't really try to learn everything at once like it's school or something. You basically miss the point doing that.

I suggest reading 52 (year long storyline from 2006). It will spoil you on Infinite Crisis and COIE a little but it's good on its own.
>>
>>83176281

But what about the other stuff? I don't want to start on Rebirth and not know much. Plus, I keep reading stuff about how Manhattan started New 52 and such. I thought Watchmen wasn't canon in the DC Universe? It's a lot of stuff I really don't know, dude. I think I need to start from the beginning.
>>
>>83176335
No you don't, read the wikipedia articles, catch up from context. The DC universe dates back to World War II anon, don't do this to your self
>>
>>83176320
>>
>>83176335
start reading Justice league 1 from 2011, keep reading justice league, then branch to other titles you might enjoy that came out back then
Eventually when you're ready, COIE, morrison JLA, infinite crisis, 52, and when you really know
some shit, final crisis
flashpoint however was the catalyst of the new 52 but you can really read it whenever
>>
>>83176376
Thanks m80, I was looking for this but didn't have it saved
>>
>>83176305
>>83176320
>>83176326
>>83176332
>>83176359
>>83176376
>>83176389

Thanks so much, guys.
>>
>>83176405
No problem man, given how comics work, we were all in your position when we start. We know how intimidating this shit feels
>>
Which comics are you guys buying June 1

Getting wonder woman for sure on June 8
>>
>>83176427
I'm gonna hope that Lanterns isn't shit, even though I know it probably will be
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.