[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the good stories in this Omni? I got very little Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Neal Adams batman.png (564 KB, 731x665) Image search: [Google]
Neal Adams batman.png
564 KB, 731x665
What are the good stories in this Omni? I got very little Batman on my shelf (Only Year One, Arkham Asylum and TDKR) and I'm thinking of expanding.
I figure there must be some cool shit if it's being collected in an omnibus in the first place.
>>
>>83170898
I guess nothing then?
>>
>>83171169
Tell us what the stories are, I'm not googling that shit
>>
File: odyssey-bruce-face.jpg (44 KB, 584x358) Image search: [Google]
odyssey-bruce-face.jpg
44 KB, 584x358
>>83171776
>This massive volume collects material from Batman #200, 203 and 210; The Brave and The Bold #75-76 and 79-85; Dectective Comics #370, 372, 385, 389, 391, and 392; and World's Finest Comics #174-176, 178-180, 182-183, 185, 186; Batman #217, 220-222, 224-227, 229-231, The Brave and The Bold #86, 88-90, 93, 95, Detective Comics #394-403, 405-311, World's Finest Comics #199, 200, 202; Batman #232, 234-241, 243-246, 251, 255; Batman Annual #14; Batman Black & White #4; Brave and the Bold #99, Detective Comics #412-422, 439, 600; Heroes Against Hunger; Limited Collectors Edition C-25, C-51, C-59; Robin #1; Saga of Ra's Al Ghul #4; World's Finest #211, 244-246, 258; Batman: Odyssey Vol. 1 issues #1-6 and Vol. 2 issues #1-7.
Oh jesus Batman: Odyssey is on there.
His whole career isn't just batshit insanity is it?
>>
>>83171984
>His whole career isn't just batshit insanity is it?
Not at all, Adams was the artist that pretty much brought Batman back to the dark streets of Gotham from the camp of the Adam West show
>>
>>83172071
So these are the steps before Frank "WHORES" Miller came in and made Batman a psychopath?
Not that I dislike Obsessive crazy Bruce
I remember hearing Grant Morrison refer to a more worldly and put together Batman- like James Bond. Is that what I'd be in for?
>>
>>83171984
>Oh jesus Batman: Odyssey is on there.

Ewww, nah but O'Neil is great, obvious shit excluded.

Look, if you just want "some" Batman get the Batman Black & White trades/HCs, you get variety and quality.

If you must have O'Neil maybe get Birth of the Demon or the Demon Saga.
>>
>>83172236
>O'Neil
You mean Neal Adams? I've been doing that too
>Birth of the Demon
This was eventually retconned into being Damien right?
>Black and White
Thanks for the recommendation.
>>
>>83172732
Fuck, I went full retard, I don't know why I was thinking about Dennis O'Neil.

Birth of the Demon is the origin of Ra's al Ghul, it had two sequels (Son of and Bride of), the former being the one they retconned. Either way, the trilogy is great.

But yeah, get B&W.
>>
>>83172226
Not the same anon, but that was kind of Denny O'Neil's thing and Adams drew a lot of this stuff, particularly early on. I think the first issue they did together was Bruce Wayne abruptly arriving in Mexico to infiltrate a party being held by two thieves who were made immortal by hallucinogenic poppies.
When O'Neil introduced Ra's, there was a particularly Bond-element, but a lot of their other stuff was really good too.
I can't remember if Neal Adams drew all of the Ra's stuff, and it's worth checking out the issues O'Neil did without Adams, though I never liked it as much as the O'Neil/Adams pairing
>>
>>83173130
Also, I forgot to mention that, if the omnibus has the same stuff as those "Batman by Neal Adams" collections from a few years ago, it might be worth skipping the physical volume, there was a lot of fuckery with the colors to look more modern, and the result is...not great, in my opinion, and makes everything look like Odyssey (which I like in its own right, but it doesn't fit these stories)
>>
>>83172824
>Want to have Dennis O'Neil's Question
>Everyone is scalping the fuck out of it
C'mon guys...
I'm seeing a shitload of good names on B&W. I wish it was in Omnibus format. I like the way they display.
>>83173199
>Recolored
Fuckin A' thanks for the heads up there. Why do they think it's a good idea to do that? It just bothers everyone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.