[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, with all the hullabaloo over Cap being a Hydra agent (which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: airfrank.jpg (67 KB, 528x496) Image search: [Google]
airfrank.jpg
67 KB, 528x496
Okay, with all the hullabaloo over Cap being a Hydra agent (which I'm not saying is undeserved, but...), I thought it might be a good idea to remain calm and remind ourselves for a moment of the things that made us fall in love with Marvel comics.

I love Kirby's Marvel's work, to me it's hopeful optimism that makes it so incredibly endearing, especially considering what was being published against. Kirby's characters feel real and have their own personal demons at work that decide what's the best way to approach a given situation. I also adore Marvel Cosmic, it's like Kirby took the best bits of Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" and threw in some H.P. Lovecraft for added flavor. It's terrifying to be sure, but also unqiuely beautiful in a way
>>
I hate marvel and I don't care about captain america. They should bring US Agent back
>>
Your a good person anon, it is right of toy to try and provide a refuge, but I fear they will follow us in here and this thread too will degenerate into madness. In the mean time, Frank flew? How have I not heard of this?
>>
>>83164845
>which I'm not saying is undeserved
It is.
>>
File: pun01.jpg (116 KB, 584x393) Image search: [Google]
pun01.jpg
116 KB, 584x393
>>83164845
good o' future Frank.
>>
>>83165068
made a cameo in a spider-verse event and was still the best part of it all.
>>
>>83165098
He's in the Contest of Champions book.
>>
File: capnomad10.jpg?w=528&h=762.jpg (133 KB, 528x762) Image search: [Google]
capnomad10.jpg?w=528&h=762.jpg
133 KB, 528x762
>>83164845
>hullabaloo
Hardly; seemsthe only ones taking this at face value are people who don't read comics or trolls using it to make company wars threads. Though those usually fall into the former group, too.

I think what's actually noteworthy about all of this is, ruse or otherwise, it really shows how Cap is such a great character. Where the perennial conflict of most heroes is to balance their lifestyle with a secret identity (not to mention stopping the villain/saving the day), Steve's is more of an ideological one. He represents the "dream," sure, but also an entire country--whether he likes it or not. As such, his struggle is between not only him and the villain on a physical level, but also between him, the villain, and actuality on a philosophical one. Englehart in particular really nailed this, and is more than likely why his run remains the best on the title after all these years.

I guess I'll use that as a relevant bump for the "loving Marvel comics" thread.
>>
>>83166598
>>83166598
Who was it?

Hitler?
>>
>>83166931
Leader of the Secret Society, heavily implied to be Nixon. They took credit for Watergate, and that scene took place in the Oval Office (which I now see is not as obvious as I thought).
>>
>>83166598
I first came across Cap when I was 8 or 9 through the 1990 movie and the 60's cheapo cartoon serial. I fell in love with Steve because of the fact that he loved his country a little more than others and was willing to die for it and I thought if I loved something that much and was willing to move mountains to defend it, I could become Captain America too and that's such a beautiful and inspiring notion for a child to learn I think
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.