[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Before Watchmen Storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1.png (3 MB, 1280x1969) Image search: [Google]
1.png
3 MB, 1280x1969
In the Watchmen Storytime yesterday, it seemed like a lot of people haven't read Before Watchmen. Thank God, honestly, because it's terrible. I figured I'd Storytime the first issue of the Minutemen series and see how things go from there.
>>
File: 2.png (3 MB, 1280x1969) Image search: [Google]
2.png
3 MB, 1280x1969
>>
File: 3.png (3 MB, 1280x1969) Image search: [Google]
3.png
3 MB, 1280x1969
>>
File: 4.png (3 MB, 1280x1969) Image search: [Google]
4.png
3 MB, 1280x1969
>>
> see how things go
Not well it would seem
>>
>>83163078

I have yet to read this and I never will. Go fuck yourself, Anon. Saged
>>
O-OP? You okay over there?
>>
>>83163078
Oh, neat! The only good thing that came from the Before Watchmen trainwreck.

It's a really good read, and Darwyn was the man.
>>
>>83163078
Manhatan one wasn't that bad.

And the one about Morloch was quite good.
>>
This one and Silk Spectre were the best, so make sure you get to that one too.
>>
>>83165073
>HOW DARE THIS ASSHOLE FOR GIVING ME FREE COMICS SO I DONT EVEN HAVE TO TORRENT THEM
>LOOK HOW GOOD IM DOING MOORE PLEASE LET ME SUCK YOUR DICK MORE

Watchfags, everyone.
>>
Dr. Manhattan made OP forget.
>>
>>83167670

>Nobody should use Moores work. They don't understandf it
>Now watch Moore take all these girls from classice chilrdrens literature get railed. I'm sure Lewis Carroll, J.M Barrie, and L Frank Baum would be thrilled to see their characters used this way!

Seriously, fuck Moore
>>
Dammit OP, I was all tucked in and ready.
Does someone else want to storytime this? I'm actually really interested in finally reading all of this but fuck actually spending money on it
>>
>>83170913
Designated Dave storytimed it last week.
Should be in the archive.
>>
>>83163078
>Because it's terrible

Dr Manhattan exploded him hours ago.
>>
>>83169356
Moore isnt against charcters being reuses, he just finds Watchmen milking shameless and lame.

That and they have been hounding him about it for thirty fucking years after a contract he dislikes.

Morrison isnt anti re use, he is anti dc..(And to a wider extent anti incestous comics and the low quality bar of the medium)
>>
>>83171820
>he just finds Watchmen milking shameless and lame.

Yeah, because it's his. That's the only reason
>>
>>83171820
Moore pretty much abandoned DC when they had talks of putting out a ratings system. Frank Miller and Howard Chaykin were among the others who left the company over the controversy, but unlike Moore they eventually came back

Moore was pretty pissed when he found out about about Wildstorm being sold to DC. He stayed on for as long as he did because he had already promised work for the artists he was working with and because Jim Lee flew out to Northampton to smooth things over with him in person
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.