[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OhBoy.png
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: GAREB_1_hires-3.jpg (266 KB, 780x1200) Image search: [Google]
GAREB_1_hires-3.jpg
266 KB, 780x1200
OhBoy.png
>>
>>83158710
We don't need anot her thread for this. You could have said something in the other Green Arrow thread where this was posted.

Here's your (you)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-25-18-52-45.png (1 MB, 1440x615) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-25-18-52-45.png
1 MB, 1440x615
>>83158710
Except Ollie has always been a "social justice warrior". The real kind.

He's always fought for social justice against those who built their wealth on the suffering of the lower class.

Robin Hood is an SJW.
>>
>>83158710
The only people upset about this are the people who didn't read Green Arrow comics in the last 30 or so years.
>>
>>83158710
The job description of social justice warrior is limited to bitching on the internet about triggering things in movies and comic books, so I don't know what was that suppossed to mean.
>>
>>83158710
I remember, years ago, when that term meant something other than otherkin translard shitposter
>>
>>83158820
>>83158838
Tumblr, buddy. No one used the term "social justice warrior" before your favorite website existed.
>>
File: 1464213777481.gif (2 MB, 441x243) Image search: [Google]
1464213777481.gif
2 MB, 441x243
Vigilantism isn't social justice.
>>
>>83158820

SJW's don't do that.

They bitch about titties on Twitter.
>>
>>83158838
>Green Arrow was a Moral Crusader (the original form of SJWs)
>Green Arrow was Mary Whitehouse
No, anon, it is you who does not read comics.
>>
>>83158820
>Except Ollie has always been a "social justice warrior". The real kind.
The thing is, the modern usage of "Social Justice Warrior" got nothing to do with what Ollie does.
>>
>>83158838
The people that are upset about this are exactly the people the writer wanted upset about this. This has nothing to do with a consistent portrayal of GA because the word is charged around internet activism.
>>
>>83159398
Which people did he want upset?
>>
>>83159476
People that get upset by internet activism. No one is calling people donating their time to help the homeless an SJW. It's not how that word is used anymore and the writer knows it.
>>
>>83159719
>anymore
That was never how the word was used. The term "SJW" was created by tumblr-based leftists as a way of calling out the lunatic fringe within their ranks. It was ALWAYS a derogatory term. It's just that it used to be a term used by the left to mock the far-left, and now it's a term used by the "alt-"right to mock anyone that doesn't hate women and minorities.
>>
>>83158820
No, Ollie is a social warrior of justice.

Totally different.
>>
>>83159929
>now it's a term used by the "alt-"right to mock anyone that doesn't hate women and minorities.
Yeah I wouldn't really blame Percy if he went on reddit, twitter, 4chan, etc, saw "SJW" being used quite liberally, and thought "oh it must mean leftist" or something.
>>
I like to think Ollie would have just as much of a problem with the modern type of SJW idiots as he does with right-wing tools.
>>
>>83159929
>alt-right

Go away Milo, the alt-right doesn't exist
>>
>>83159995
What the fuck is a social warrior?
>>
File: 1464135765327.png (137 KB, 276x266) Image search: [Google]
1464135765327.png
137 KB, 276x266
>>83158710
The moment where he starts defending gender fluidity and fat activists you call me.

If he just beat up criminals and act like the normal jerk left wing, he is just being his normal self. As long as identity politcs didant appear he start complaining about cultural apropriation, we are fine.

The writter just wanted people to talk about his comic on forums of discussion.

Well, it worked. I can picture his grim.
>>
File: Wew lad.jpg (46 KB, 361x339) Image search: [Google]
Wew lad.jpg
46 KB, 361x339
>>83158710
They literally had a comic back in the day with Oliver as the hippy dippy liberal and Green Lantern as the more right wing aproach

Oliver Queen is a smelly stinking Liberal and has been for decades.

>Complaining that the character most likely to be tumblr is tumblr
>>
>>83159005
>>83159398
>>83159719
>>83159995

If we take the leftist Oliver Queen into the modern day, is it really that much of a stretch that he'd be a tumblrina? Its the logical conclusion of the hard left of the 80's that his character identified with.

Oliver Queen would abso-fucking-lutely vote Bernie
>>
>>83160522
But Bernie is more of an economic leftist, it's Hillary that's appealing hard to the social leftist fuckwits

At a rally she literally said "How can we talk about banks when there are still people who can't use the bathroom of the gender they identify with?" On top of her constantly pushing the "i'm a woman, vote for me" shit.

If Ollie is a true SJW then he's voting shillary.
>>
>>83160612
Is that a joke?

Bernie is hard left on social issues and his supporters are violent and irrational, using social justice as justification for their actions.
>>
File: Donald Dank.jpg (101 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Donald Dank.jpg
101 KB, 640x640
>>83160612
Not in the fucking slightest. Speaking as someone who is centre left Shillary will say anything to appeal to anyone she thinks will vote for her, Bernie has ideals that he sticks to and thats why she's beating him, well that and the fear that she's the only one that can beat Trump. Because saying whatever you think will make people vote for you works. Just look at Trump. The difference with him is that he's somehow made it into his public persona, his style. Trump gives you what you want, vote for him. And the thing is, it comes off so much more authentic from him because he doesn't seem desperate like Shillary does.

Thank fuck I'm not American and I don't have to deal with that fucking choice between what one might deem to be the lesser of two evils.

Ollie would definitely see through Shillarys bullshit, but not see through the bullshit of the left and would vote Bernie
>>
>>83160216
Apparently its what Oliver Queen should be

Which is a billionare who says "homelessness is bad" but doesn't have any strong opinions on anything beyond that on the left side of the political spectrum because 4chan gets antsy if anyone anywhere slighlty on the left posts because anyone remotely on the left is tumblr tier, but its ok to be on the right to some degree on most boards without being told to fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>83158820
>Robin Hood is an SJW.

I wish this meme would die. Robin Hood was a libertarian, returning wealth stolen through excessive and unjust taxation.
>>
File: Chris Chan CWC.png (12 KB, 336x330) Image search: [Google]
Chris Chan CWC.png
12 KB, 336x330
>>83162877
Yeah I'm sure that the working class folk hero Robin Hood who stole from the rich and gave to the poor stopped just short of taking anything that wouldn't be taken away in taxation.

In folklore he was essentially a highwayman who stole from rich people who never got a penny of the tax payers money, it was just his ultimate enemy, the Sheriff of Nottingham who was the one who took too much in tax

Robin Hood was a fantasy character dreamed up by people who were to some degree jealous of rich people because of the amount of tax they as a poor person had to pay in comparison to the rich. It was never about libertarianism, it was about the poor wanting to get one over on the rich
>>
>>83162089
Fuck off back to /pol/
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.