[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
American Dragon: Jake Long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: American_Dragon_Jake_Long.jpg (15 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
American_Dragon_Jake_Long.jpg
15 KB, 225x224
Recently finished watching this show. I thought it was pretty good, with season 2 being much better than 1 (the art style switch really helped), although I felt the halfway point of s2 would have been a good place to end it, since everything after that (minus the finale) felt like filler.
Which is a shame, because I thought how Rose's arc ended with her living an alternate life was a nice bittersweet ending for her and Jake's relationship, but then the finale had to bring her back and "lol I remember" because reasons.

What did the rest of you think of this show?
>>
File: youwhat.gif (480 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
youwhat.gif
480 KB, 250x309
>>83156300
>with season 2 being much better than 1 (the art style switch really helped),
>>
>>83156300

Shitty knock-off of the superior Danny Phantom with a protag you wanted to strangle everytime he oppened his mouth.
>>
>>83156415

To be honest I think the only thing I preferred from season 1 was the dragon designs and I'm a giant faggot so that's not a good point. In his defense season 2 was probably better.

Also I thought it was pretty bleh when I watched it as a youngling because there were better equivalent shows, and now it's still pretty bleh.
>>
>>83156476
What.
>>
>>83156415
>>with season 2 being much better than 1 (the art style switch really helped),
I feel that way too.
>>
>>83156476
I don't want to call it a knock off of Danny Phantom specifically, because teenager who is secretly a hero has been done A LOT.

But I agree, it felt shitty. It tried way to hard to be hip. A lot of late 90s and early 00's shows have that weakeness where they're trying so hard to be edgy and cool, it fucking dates them really badly.
>>
>>83156300
Did they even reveal who the black dragon was?
>>
>>83157915
I don't think he was anyone.
>>
>>83158136
I remember them making a huge deal out of his real identity being a mystery in the episode where he was introduced.

But yeah, unless they pulled out some stupid cliche bullshit like him being Jake's great-grandfather or his grandfather's master he would have just being some random guy.
>>
>>83157915
One of the worst parts of this series, imo. The Dark Dragon was a boring villain.
>>
File: Dark Dragon2.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dark Dragon2.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>83158558
>JAKE MAH BOI
>>
>>83156476
>Shitty knock-off of the superior Danny Phantom

Man, I used to think that Danny Phantom was the poster child for wasted potential in a long running action cartoon.

But this one truly shat the bed even worse.
>>
>>83158558

I just wanted them to fuck...
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.