[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A MYSTIC ORIENT ANCIENT MAGICAL NINJA CHOSEN ONE NARRATIVE SURE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: daredevil-season-2-elektra.jpg (233 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-season-2-elektra.jpg
233 KB, 1200x1200
A MYSTIC ORIENT ANCIENT MAGICAL NINJA CHOSEN ONE NARRATIVE SURE WON'T FEEL OUT OF PLACE IN OUR GRITTY STREET LEVEL CRIME DRAMA
>>
Be honest, does knowing the people responsible for DD S2 are in charge of the Defenders worry you?

They obviously can't balance shit.
>>
>>83156200
Nipponic martial art in our hard boiled?
Never heard of it
>>
What did Frank have to do with the Hand? Why did the Blacksmith shit get so vaguely wrapped up so quickly?
>>
I hope they do a musical episode next season.
>>
LOOK MAN

IT'S REALLY HARD TO JUST PICK ONE NARRATIVE AND STICK WITH IT AND MAKE SURE IT'S REALLY THE BEST IT CAN BE, OKAY

IT'S REALLY REALLY TOUGH TO JUST DO A GOOD JOB
>>
>>83156959
I'm hoping for a beach episode.
>>
>>83156959
>>83158288

If you thought Hell's Kitchen got hot, you ain't seen nothing yet! This summer... THE DEVIL OF HELL'S KITCHEN GOES HAWAIIAN
>>
>>83156200
How did Frank Miller pull it of?
>>
Whatever; it's easy enough to ignore and wait around for Frank. I suggest a good book for the Elektra bits.
>>
File: Prince reaction.gif (990 KB, 433x344) Image search: [Google]
Prince reaction.gif
990 KB, 433x344
>there's going to be a "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE SOMEWHERE, ELEKTRA" fight episode next season
>>
File: Elektra and the Hand.jpg (161 KB, 792x868) Image search: [Google]
Elektra and the Hand.jpg
161 KB, 792x868
They have to set-up the villain for The Defenders. I mean it's got Iron Fist on the team so they're going to have to introduce mystical ninja stuff sometime.
>>
>>83156200
>Everything involving Daredevil and/or ELektra and/or the Hand was shit
>Season was fine elsewise

1. Unfortunately, that Hand shit took up half the season.
2. The finale certainly felt like "Let's leave everyone hanging so that have no bargaining power when we go to renew their contracts"

3. Remember when blonde lady got all flustered that Elektra was in Matt's bed? What really, really got me, is that SHE COMPLETELY IGNORED THE STRANGE OLD BLIND GUY WHO LET HER IN.

"Nice meeting you" was probably the funniest line of the whole season.

Also, since when does "Time to get the band back together" mean "Hire an incompetent Frenchman to kill someone while I do not get the band back together."
>>
>>83156200
Remember how it's a super hero show?
>>
>>83156200
It didn't though.
>>
File: RaySchoonover.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RaySchoonover.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
What the fuck was this shit?

Why was the Blacksmith so built up as a game changer? They said he WAS the market that completely controlled the drug trade. This guy outsmarted and out muscled the Irish and the bikers and Gao and the triads and the cartels and was more powerful than Fisk and managed to do it all without the cops or Daredevil ever getting lead on him? This guy was more powerful and successful than every person Daredevil has fought thus far? And then it's all literally nothing and Frank just Franks him in the head.

What was the point of all the stuff about him being a drug lord if his entire point was to be the guy behind Frank's family getting killed?
>>
>>83159749
It didn't state he was the Blacksmith though. It could be that he was just involved somehow.

And, if they are trying to be topicalish, it will have to do with the fact that the US Army is secretly smuggling Afghan drugs into the States and Frank was invited to join but refused and that was why his family and him had to die.
>>
>>83159910
>It didn't state he was the Blacksmith though.

I guess but I'm pretty sure that's just because the writing was choppy and fractured as all hell. I'm willing to bet nothing about this plotline will be brought up in any MCU show or movies ever again.
>>
>>83158502
he made her a top-tier waifu
>>
>>83158502

He's the biggest Eisner Spirit and shitty samurai movie fanboy in existence and he expertly was able to meld them by being a great artist
>>
>>83156200
>Complaining about things that have been part of Daredevil's mythos for over thirty years as if they're recent additions.
>>
>>83162773

You're a fucking idiot. No one said anything about it being a recent addition to the mythos, the complaint is about how horribly it clashes with the tone that they chose for the show.

The Zur-En-Arrh Batman has been part of the mythos for six decades but that doesn't mean he should pop up in Dark Knight Rises and zoom into outer space and have sci-fi adventures with Christian Bale on alien planets
>>
I'm fine with all the Hand shit being so predictable if it leads to a Bendis-like Kingpin of Hell's Kitchen moment. But they couldn't do that in a 3rd season, because I feel like DD hasn't been grinded in to the dirt like he was at that point
>>
>>83162995
the zurr en arr batman was up until recently, in one comic decades ago. actual daredevil comics are gritty street level affairs with mystic ninjas thrown in for entire runs. the same comics with gritty street level feels that they are pulling from are the ones with mystic ninjas. so youre the fucking idiot, because your argument makes no sense.
>>
>>83163328

They still haven't even announced season 3 so if it does happen it will be after Defenders and who knows what the universe will be like after that.

They were definitely setting up Born Again with the Kingpin scenes in S2 but they were probably just leaving a door open with no concrete plans. I'm sure Bullseye is the main thing any DD writer is talking about right now.
>>
>>83163607
Very simplisticly I imagine it:
DD S2: Punisher + Elektra
Defenders
DD S3: Born Again*
DD S4: Last Rites? Murdock Papers? Marvel Knights?

*The only necessary constant for Born Again being that Fisk confirms Matt is DD and then Matt's life goes to shit. With how they handled Ben Urich it's pretty clear it's not just gonna be a TV adaptation of the arc as much as I would like that
>>
>m-muh ninjas ruining everything

Learn to have fun, losers
>>
>>83156200
since when is elektra mexican?
>>
File: Ehh.gif (2 MB, 245x260) Image search: [Google]
Ehh.gif
2 MB, 245x260
>>83156200
I liked the Hand stuff more than the Punisher stuff.

That blacksmith twist was utter bullshit.

Also lol at op for not knowing shit about Daredevil
>>
>>83164095

shes not, the fuck makes you think shes mexican
>>
>>83163989
>With how they handled Ben Urich

Goddamn what a bonehead move that was. Rewatching season 1 again it's pretty obvious it was meant to be a mini that led into Defenders but it was such a runaway hit they went for a continuing series. Explains why they killed off major character that would be useful for a continuing series, why the showrunner didn't return and why so much of the writing for the second season felt fragmented and cobbled together from season one strands.
>>
SPEAK HER NAME AGAIN
>>
File: 3215.jpg (56 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
3215.jpg
56 KB, 720x720
>>83165041

YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF HER
>>
>>83164095
She's from Paris...
>>
>>83164095

Her ambiguous brown / French / Englishness actually suited Elektra really well
>>
>>83156200
You know this is a Daredevil show right? Given the source material, I'd say it's pretty par for the course. The people who make these kinds of threads are impossible to please. If they were to go full-on crime drama, someone would make a thread about how it's too much like the Wire & doesn't embrace the weirder mystic stuff from the comics. If they went full mystic, someone would make a thread about how unbelievable it is, & how Daredevil should be a purely street-level brawler. So instead the show tries to strike a balance with half the show focusing on the mystic stuff hinted at in the 1st season, & the other half expanding the existing street stuff, & people complain about both. I've been reading comics my whole life & I fucking love both seasons of Daredevil. I also really enjoyed Jessica Jones. We live in a time where we can watch a show based on comics about about a blind vigilante lawyer getting in scraps with ninjas, crime kingpins, & cold-blooded antiheros. Try to actually enjoy it while it lasts instead of sucking so much dick. Unless this was bait: in which case good get. Clearly I get slightly assblasted by these threads.
>>
>>83156200
>A MYSTIC ORIENT ANCIENT MAGICAL NINJA CHOSEN ONE NARRATIVE SURE WON'T FEEL OUT OF PLACE IN OUR GRITTY STREET LEVEL CRIME DRAMA
Casual please go.
Only criticism is >>83156882
The show focused on two barely connected plots this season, and made very little effort to relate them.
>>
>>83158428
>THE DEVIL OF HELLS KITCHEN P.I.
>>
>>83167580
>If they were to go full-on crime drama, someone would make a thread about how it's too much like the Wire

This was the first season and no one complained. There were Wire comparisons and they were complimentary.
>>
>>83156200
One of the major points of the MCU is that all the characters in it are part of a larger world.
>>
>>83169571

Focusing on quality individual character development and consistent (and serious) tone is the reason the Netflix shows are superior to the rest of the MCU
>>
>>83169419
>>83167580
DD should't be the Wire, that should be Power Man/Luke Cage MAX. Daredevil can keep going after a big Kingpin in an office by working up quockly, but the most characteristics bits about the Wire are the street level dealers and all the time it takes to be a force in the streets
>>
>>83169696
>Focusing on quality individual character development
you know the Hand and the Chaste are a long-standing, integral part of Daredevil's mythos, right?
Maybe you didn't notice, but they were here last season too.
>>
File: Are you.. fuggin....png (976 KB, 814x862) Image search: [Google]
Are you.. fuggin....png
976 KB, 814x862
>>83158542
They wouldn't.... They... they can just have Jessica or Luke and Danny fight her. They wouldn't care and just beat the shit out of her.
Right?
Please..?
>>
File: 1454516742837.jpg (180 KB, 1059x1100) Image search: [Google]
1454516742837.jpg
180 KB, 1059x1100
>>83170769
>The woman I fell in love with is still in there!
>Black Sky isn't you!
>>
It would if they didn't so put so much effort into making a superhero-related thingy look too realistic
>>
File: 34256.jpg (32 KB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
34256.jpg
32 KB, 711x400
>Daredevil breaks into villain HQ
>Daredevil beats the shit out of literal army of villains
>Daredevil beats the shit out of villain boss (again)
>Daredevil leaves when job is done and entire building is unconscious
>Villain boss regains consciousness
>"Daredevil must die"

Kek what do you suggest nigga? Not really a tense cliffhanger is it?
>>
>>83156200
SURE THANG ANON, NOIR AND ORIENT MAGIC NEVER MIX.

>>83156882
The problem isn't Hand, Frank is the problem, though.
>>
>>83159749
Yo, is that Clancy Brown? I've been putting off watching Daredevil S2, but if mah nigga Clancy is in it, I gotta watch.
>>
>>83171614
Yeah, Clancy plays Frank's former lieutenant.
>>
>>83171614
You'll never guess what role was he given corrupt military guy
>>
File: 1461914078639.jpg (126 KB, 634x906) Image search: [Google]
1461914078639.jpg
126 KB, 634x906
>What It Means To Be a Hero
>by Karen Page

>What is it, to be a hero? Look in the mirror and you’ll know....
>>
>>83171528
It's strange that angry marine with guns was more interesting than mystic ninjas when you look at it on paper..
>>
>>83171692
>>83171741
>corrupt military guy

Hey, I'll take it. Is it a big or bit part?
>>
>>83172018

He's in two episodes with a grand total of five minutes of screen time but he's like the fourth most important character in the show because this is a poorly written show
>>
>>83171764
JUST
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.