[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Rebirth #1 imply that this guy is Doctor Manhattan or am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Did Rebirth #1 imply that this guy is Doctor Manhattan or am I just a fucking retard?
>>
>>83154445
>spoiler or retarded
Can't it be both?
>>
I thought the it was implied in Multiversity that he was Ultra Comics.
>>
File: Dr Empty Hand.png (674 KB, 540x640) Image search: [Google]
Dr Empty Hand.png
674 KB, 540x640
I don't think DC actually pays enough attention to Morrison's stuff for that. The next writers just gleam whatever surface stuff they want and move on. It could be neat, but doubtful.
>>
>>83154714

Johns is good friends with Morrison though.
>>
>>83154445
You're just retarded. The Empty Hand is Ultra Comics after he was trapped in the Oblivion Machine for an infinite recurring loop.

Rebirth #1 implied that Dr. Manhattan stole 10 years of time from the DC Universe which is what caused the New 52 reboot.
>>
>>83154445
It did.

Johns doesn't understand this shit, though.

He's actually the movie industry, which is corrupting comics, deeming some things worth making into movies and some things which publishers shouldn't be bothered to sell.
>>
>>83154751
He isnt, and he hasnt been for years, and Johns has never EVER acknowledge anything Johns has done in universe, he even ignored Final Crisis.
>>
>>83154714
I think a lot of it is that Morrison is indisputably one of the best cape writers, so writers don't want to touch his stories for fear of fucking them up.

Which is sad because Morrison WANTS them to use his stories
>>
>>83154635
Morrison said that he's different things on different levels. On one level he's Ultra, on another level he represents the reader of the comic.
>>
Hopefully not. Empty Hand could be build up for a few more years before getting jobbed out.
>>
>>83154840
John's acknowledged Final Crisis in Red Lanterns arc. Johns worked with him on 52 and I've heard him say his favorite Superman story is All-Star at least twice.
>>
>>83154840
It's because Morrison is 2meta for him they are good friends read a couple of interviews.
>>
>>83154445
Nothing in Rebirth actually suggest that. The Hand imagery is either coincidence or a red herring.
The Empty Hand (Ultra, the reader) is a omniverse-level threat that periodically reboots the DC Multiverse and possibly represents the marketing cancer inside the industry.
Manhattan, on the other end, simply hijacked Flashpoint for reasons and motives still unknown.
>>
>>83155325
53 was 10 years ago. they were friends, now they are co-worker that live in different countroes
>>
How do I buy this shit?
Is there a torrent somewhere?
>>
>>83154840
Johns has used Morrison's Mirror Master in like everything he's done with him
>>
>>83155475
It's obvious there are multiple hands anyway. The beginning of time hand is not the empty hand and probably neither are Manhattan.
>>
In the essence of things, The Empty Hand has no true identity.

Comic books, by their very nature, are cyclical. Once one villain is beaten, another takes his place. Morrison seems adamant to the fact that comics will go on forever - see the "TO BE CONTINUED" in Final Crisis, or how Earth 16, a world where all evil was vanquished, was easy pickings for the Gentry.

So the Empty Hand is the Biggest Bad. No matter how many forms of the Gentry you beat, he will always be one step ahead of you. He wants this party to never end, so to speak. >>83155152 also works, in a way.

>>83155084
>DC will never release a Tales of the Multiverse monthly, where every few months a writer/artist team write their own stories in the Earth of their choosing
>Rebirth seems centered around Earth-0 again, with only Earth 2 having a book of its own
>Multiversity Too, so far, is just another Flash story
>We will never get another Earth 11 story
>>
>>83155325
When in red lanterns did he reference fc I don't doubt it I'm just curious
>>
>>83155511
Morrison lives in LA half the year
>>
>>83155569
>DC will never release a Tales of the Multiverse monthly, where every few months a writer/artist team write their own stories in the Earth of their choosing

That is the only thing that I was disappointed with during the Rebirth announcements, I really wanted an ongoing that would alternatively focus on each Earth.
I hope that someday the #1 issues that made up Multiversity will be continued somehow.
>>
>>83154794
No it didnt. Stop blaming your own stupidity and lack of reading comprehension on the writers.
>>
>>83154840
>he even ignored Final Crisis.

Johns literally wrote a tie in for FC and I'm almost positive the Barry Allen stuff was his idea.
>>
>>83155511
>He didn't see the photo shoot where they did the World's Finest pose

Fuckin bros for life
>>
>>83155084
Eh? They had no problem following up on the spy stuff that he set up at the end of Batman Inc, even though it's clear he didn't really intend any follow up for that.

They don't follow up Multiversity because DC's writers (or maybe the editors) seem to have very little interest in multiverse stuff.
>>
>>83155659
>>83156113
I think he wants to do Multiversity Too before they launch anything
>>
>>83154445
>>83155569
>In the essence of things, The Empty Hand has no true identity.

Morrison has explained what The Empty Hand is.
>>
>>83156023
>Johns literally wrote a tie in for FC and I'm almost positive the Barry Allen stuff was his idea.

You are wrong. It was Didio's.
>>
>>83158437
Wrong it was EVS's
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.