[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Goodnight, sweet prince.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-05-25-13-48-22.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-25-13-48-22.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
>Goodnight, sweet prince.
>>
>>83148222
Why did his costume turn to stone but his cape is fine?
>>
>>83148222

Ew
>>
Poor Supes
>>
>>83148222
ngl this was a pretty awful death for him
Poor guy deserved better
>>
>>83148222
Oh well, it wasn't the real superman anyway so who cares
>>
>>83148327

Fucking Kryptonian science-magic.
>>
>>83148222
someone explain plz
>>
>>83149404
Marvel and DC are both shitting all over their characters, its kind of pathetic.

I mean its not like its a new occurrence but its gotten particularly widespread just now.
>>
>>83148222
>all that energy
>he consumed himself
Is that Tails Get Trolled Mario's special fire technique?
>>
>>83149479
He realized the only way to kill Buu was to blow him up into so many pieces he could never regenerate, even if that means he has to put all of his life force into the attack.
>>
>>83149479
Superfags complained so much about NuSuperman that the only way to fix it was to kill him off and replace him with the original Superman
>>
Story time ?
>>
>>83148327
The cape is indestructible senpai, they established that early on his run
>>
>>83148222
Thanks for all .. I never like superman, I like this character(not the title) now dead ..

I curse superman for killing him.. for his return, he had to die.. If he had been another hero, he still alive.. he was a character who existed to suffer, as batman.

Although I have hopes on his legacy, superwoman and lana(both with powers) .. and new superman..

GOODBYE, as Batman said, you were the best HERO.
>>
File: Wolverine.png (60 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine.png
60 KB, 144x144
>>83148222
>>
>>83149701
Why just the cape tho
>>
Was this storytimed?
>>
>>83149854
Because Kryptonian bullshit!
>>
>>83149940

Not yet.
>>
>>83148222
Seriously, fuck this. I LIKED Superbro. He didn't deserve to get killed off just so post-crisis Superman could be the one true Superman again.
>>
>>83149658
> original Superman
You mean Post-crisis Superman
>>
>>83150354

Superbro really didn't deserve this.
>>
>>83148222
How did Goku kill him?
>>
>>83148222
My head canon is that he didn't die and becomes the sand Superman we saw in Future's End.
>>
>>83150622
I thought they averted that? Speaking of which, will Terry have anything during Rebirth? Is he back to the kid Adult Damian saved?
>>
>>83150728
Terry will be Batman Beyond again.
>>
>>83150728
Don't know, m80. In my defense I did say head canon. Maybe they averted an alternative version of the concept, but I choose to believe this can allow for a sand Superman manifestation down the road.
>>
File: antsuperman1.jpg (186 KB, 543x768) Image search: [Google]
antsuperman1.jpg
186 KB, 543x768
>>83148222
Maybe its a cocoon and hes coming out like this
>>
>>83149658
>Thinks Post Crisis Supes is the original Supes

Fuckin casuals mate.
>>
>>83151304
>>83150380
>HUURRR

Yes, I am sure that when people said "this isn't like my Superman" they meant the one from more than 30 years ago

>b-but that's the original one! look at me being pedantic just to show off my "knowledge" about comics!
>>
>>83151345
Just a joke bro. Didn't mean to make you sperg out.
>>
>>83151414
I apologize then, my bad
>>
>>83148222
Is it a cocoon?
>>
>>83148222

Ooof
>>
>>83152413

kek, might actually be, since lois tells old clark 'he died just like you, and like you he may come back', we don't know, in rebirth 1 this stone thing wasn't on location when wally came by to see everyone crying and shit

I'm guessing he comes back to save the day again when Superboy prime comes back from beyond the source wall
>>
Storytime this
>>
>>83148222
Hey DC fans, how does it feel to know that no one gives a shit about Super Dead Statue Man? Captain Gay Nazi is stealing all of DC's hype and I am loving it
>>
>superman from Morrison Action Comics is dead
This is a bad thing.
>>
>>83152847
>>
>>83152900
But it comes with a free frogurt!
>>
>>83153004
that's good
>>
>Superman died
>nobody gives a shit
>silly Captain America twist that will be forgotten after this run
>internet explodes
MARVEL
ALWAYS
WINS
>>
>>83153105
this desu
>>
Is he wearing a beard?
>>
>>83153105
>Superman died
>But before that let's publish a story about old Supes contemplating the already-happened death of new Supes
>This won't backfire and kill the tension at all I'm sure
>>
>nu52 is over
>nusupes is dead
>postcrisis Superman has returned with wife and kid for playmates with Damian
>Wally "the fastest man ever" West is back
>we get to see at least two Jokers dead in the near future
>Action Comics back to proper numbering

>mfw
>>
>>83153105
makes me wonder why there are so many butthurt DCboys on /co/ lately, it's like, you people should be used to losing by now
>>
>>83153105
Superman didn't die, nu52 Superman did.
>>
>>83148222

Not for nothing, but the scene wasn't presented to pull heart strings.

It wasn't made with a fondness or respect for the character that would steer creative towards fashioning a farewell for the character that suggests these feelings.

Even the other characters, they are written to cope far too well with the situation, as if they too were waiting for him to die and upon seeing an older Superman around didn't feel even the anxiety of living in a world without Superman's vigilance, like him or not.

I didn't like this Superman. But either DC felt the same or this isn't a final death.

Theories on what happened and how he would be brought back?

I'm thinking he is now an energy being (yeah, I know and they'll split him in two as well), or the old "not really, he was teleported away at the last moment" trick.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.