[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marvel is set for another major publishing initiative, this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 35
File: marlel.png (63 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
marlel.png
63 KB, 900x720
>Marvel is set for another major publishing initiative, this time kicking off this fall following "Civil War II." As teased in the "Civil War II Daily Bugle Newspaper" released today, the publisher will return to the "Marvel NOW!" branding, first used in 2012 in the aftermath of "Avengers vs. X-Men," for its latest crop of new series and new status quos.

>Readers will get a first look at the line in the "Marvel NOW! Previews Magazine," available in stores on July 13. Much like last year's "Marvel Previews" supplement that revealed the post-"Secret Wars" "All-New, All-Different Marvel" lineup, it'll reveal new creative teams and new series for Marvel's lineup going forward after a major event (though "Civil War II" will be relatively early in its run by mid-July).

>"Marvel NOW! is about the future of the Marvel Universe," Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso said in a press release. "We're excited to provide fans with a snapshot of things to come right before San Diego Comic-Con. Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles, returning favorites and even some shocking status quo shifts that are sure to keep fans guessing all the way through 'Civil War II.'"

>The "Marvel NOW! Previews Magazine" will be available on July 13. "Civil War II" #1, by Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez, is on sale next Wednesday, June 1.
>>
File: abortion survivor.jpg (32 KB, 567x720) Image search: [Google]
abortion survivor.jpg
32 KB, 567x720
>the state of big two comics
>>
Gotta say, after reading DC Universe Rebirth 1, Marvel is definitely not going to top it with fucking Civil War 2. And i thought Dark Knight 3: Master Race was bad.
>>
>>83148155
>the publisher will return to the "Marvel NOW!" branding
How can they be this stupid? Could they really not figure out another tagline? Or just to drop it?
>>
ENOUGH WITH THE RELAUNCHES

Jesus Christ, I think I'm done wih the Big Two.
>>
>it'll reveal new creative teams and new series for Marvel's lineup going forward after a major event

This is the moment for us cosmic fans. Bendis will be in charge of a new Jessica Jones and Sam Humphries is gone for good.

Could this finally be the moment we have been waiting for. The rebirth of cosmic?
>>
>>83148155
I wanted to think they aren't stupid enough to relaunch again after readers and retailers expressed annoyance at ANAD and after some ANAD books are ending up lower than before, but...
>>
>>83148680
Since Infinity War is coming out in 2 years, maybe they'll start putting more effort into their cosmic properties.
>>
File: 8482581.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
8482581.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>83148155
>Civil War II will be delayed until at least December
>Marvel will do another 8 month time jump
>>
>>83148680
Yeah I don't think they'll relaunch everything a la ANAD but they probably are gonna put more effort into some pre existing books and launch some new books
GOTG 2 is coming out next year so they're gonna do something with them. Whatever it is it just needs to not be Bendis. He should fuck off to the Inhumans or something.
>>
>>83148754
infinity gauntlet 2?
>>
Marvel is completely incapabale of creating anything good ever again.
Not even mediocre. Every comic they put out, will be utter shit.
>>
>>83148877
He should fuck off to an early grave for all the good he's done to the genre.
>>
>>83148877
>but they probably are gonna put more effort
Riiiiiiiiiiight.
>>
>>83148995
As in pushing them more and giving them events, anon
Like they did Dr Strange and Black Panther
>>
>>83148680
Fuck off Brevoort
>>
>>83148568
someone who hasn't read Rebirth
>>
>>83149617
>written by Geoff Johns
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>83150239
Basically what you need to know is Wally West from before New 52 is back in comics, and Doc is the scape goat as to why New 52 was so bad, oh and Zack Synder's version of the Watchmen are in DC now, because I garentee you Moore didn't approve of that idea at all.
>>
Unless they've got a bunch of new writers for these books, i don't see the point.
>>
>>83148155
Why Marvel? Isn't this like the 20th "status quo changing" event in the last 4 years. Just write fucking stories. DC waited like 5 years before a soft relaunch, you can seem to wait a fucking week.
>>
>>83152804
What, you don't want the same five guys writing everything?
>>
I thought they rebooted everything with secret wars
>>
>>83150239
I've never liked Geoff Jons' writing, but Rebirth was good. However that being said, it doesn't so much tell a story as make a series of statements about what DC Comics is/should be.
>>
>>83152804
>Unless they've got a bunch of new writers for these books, i don't see the point.
They're going to be selling a lot more #1's. And #1's make money.
>>
>>83153008
Marvel doesn't reboot, they just relaunch.
>>
We Marvel NOWER now.

When we Marvel NOWEST tho
>>
>>83153050
Last time they tried that with ANAD, it bit them in the ass.
>>
Shouldnt it be "MarvelTHEN!"?

I mean, it's not 'now'.
>>
>>83153102
That's why you use more #1s, crossovers, and events to cover that up.

Doesn't really matter if Silk is selling 5k less than the last one if Black Panther #1 sells 250k
>>
How many times has the status quo been changed, shit- I miss having a damn status quo.
>>
If any of my pull list comics restart at #1 I'm going to stop buying them
>>
>>83153130
>You're looking at now, sir. Everything that happens now, is happening now.
>What happened to then?
>We passed then.
>When?
>Just now. We're at now now.
>Go back to then.
>When?
>Now!
>I can't.
>Why?
>We missed it.
>When?
>Just now.
>When will then be now?
>Soon.
>>
>>83148680
You fucking know it's not.
Get ready for Hopeless
>>
>I'm against this decision!
>So I'll make another thread on a forum about it!
/co/ - Free Advertising & Marketing
>>
>Another god damn relaunch
>Blade, Gamora, and Death's Head's books are still in limbo for almost a year after they were announced.
>>
>>83153335
>don't talk about comic publishers in a place about comics
>>
>>83153356
>we were promised more Shang-Chi after his Spider-Island tie-in mini
>had to wait forever and a fucking day for him to show up in Hickman's Avengers
I mean, there's precedence.

I'd be willing to bet Gamora got cancelled, though.
>>
>Marvel Now! 2 launches
>4 Months later: Avengers Vs X-men 2!
>Totally Different, We're Serious! Marvel launches 1 month later
>>
>>83148155
ITS BEEN MONTHS

M O N T H S

Its the 90s all over again. I cant support this shit again. I cant.
>>
>>83148155
I get why they're doing this, and I'm not surprised at all. I would have been surprised if they DIDN'T do a relaunch this Fall considering they've been doing one every fall for years now.

What I don't get is why they're going back to the Marvel NOW name. They couldn't think of anything better?
>>
File: 1464119026015.jpg (102 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1464119026015.jpg
102 KB, 612x612
>>83148155
>being so fucking lazy that you can't find a new name to rebrand over

HOUSE OF IDEAS LOL
>>
File: 1464199952195s.jpg (3 KB, 250x83) Image search: [Google]
1464199952195s.jpg
3 KB, 250x83
>>83153335
Negative marketing doesn't work like that. Shit like pic related sells issues.
>>
>>83148903
Nah, Eternity War. Its already been hinted at in Ultimates, New Avengers, and CoC and Ewing has said that he's building up to an eventual big storyline, presumably some big event cosmic event.
>>
>>83153940
>tfw his apron isn't higher resolution

That would make a good edit
>>
>>83153297
Kek
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>>83148155
>shocking status quo shifts
>>
>>83153012
and god love Johns for doing it
>>
All-New All-Different All-Over-Again Marvel NOW!
>>
>>83148155
>shocking status quo shifts

calling it now
-- mutants and FF gone (we know that already)
-- cap a hydra agent (we knew that already)
-- kamala pregnant with unknown babby even she don't know it so wacky
-- carol danvers shoved down our throats some more
-- tony stark canon bisexual
-- otto a rapebot
-- janet van dyne killed and revived again
-- ghost rider is a woman now
-- aunt may has a colostomy
>>
File: 1428701299878.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1428701299878.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>83148155
>>
>>83148155
I can safely say that Marvel has completely lost me when they started making stupid trash like the new squirrel girl and gwenpool, without mentioning their inability to not rehash the same event, over and over again. I'll stick to the movies, at least Disney saw that they needed to keep the retards in charge of the comics away from the people in charge of the movies.
>>
>>83148155
I cant even get angry at it anymore. I only feel a tinge of sadness whenever I see news regarding Marvel.
>>
What is the point in rebranding again? Didn't they literally just rebrand post civil war? The fucking >cancel all the things and make everything a #1
Is way more confusing to new readers than just keeping the fucking numbering
>>
>>83148568
>GOD I FUCKING HATE BIG TWO COMICS
>proceeds to pin everything Marvel does on DC

I mean, I can't blame Marvelfags god being so jaded they think that all comics are bad after being exposed to Marvel, but you guys need a reality check
>>
>>83148155
Can someone fucking please fire Perlmutter, he and his toadies have been nothing but trouble for this company.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
51 KB, 685x567
>>83154753
>Calling it now:
>shit that's already confirmed
>Full Retard fresh from my ass
>>
File: Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg (897 KB, 1444x1097) Image search: [Google]
Marvelpocalypse Now.jpg
897 KB, 1444x1097
>>83148155
>>
File: N.O. M.O.R.E. N.E.R.D.S..png (3 MB, 1228x950) Image search: [Google]
N.O. M.O.R.E. N.E.R.D.S..png
3 MB, 1228x950
>>83155247
>>
File: Sherman.png (87 KB, 205x203) Image search: [Google]
Sherman.png
87 KB, 205x203
>>83155144
And here you were JUST about to start BUYING comics and everything!
Marvel must be shattered by the news.
>>
>>83155144
>marvel completely lost me
>I'll keep giving them money
you cancerous faggot
>>
>>83155168
Short term profit.
1st issues make money regarless of the book, so marvel keeps making them.

IIRC this is part of what caused the industry to crash in the 90's as the speculators stopped buying comics.
>>
>>83148155
so lazy
>>
>>83148155
>Marvel then wasn't Marvel Now. Marvel now is Marvel Now. Marvel later, let's not worry about that for now.
>>
Marvel has like 60-75% of the market, I forget which. Why are they so worried about DC's Rebirth thing? It's not like DC or Marvel are going to bring in heaps of new fans that are going to keep buying comics anyways.
>>
>>83155247
I like how Jubilee is always the stand in character for when they need a random xmen to appear in something
>>
File: bender-smoking.jpg (78 KB, 450x334) Image search: [Google]
bender-smoking.jpg
78 KB, 450x334
>>83155277
I started collecting in the late 70's, stopped in the Lolfield era, and restarted about 10 years ago.

Mainly it was speculation by the consumer. Of course the Big 2 started eagerly feeding that speculation, with retarded variants, foil and holographic cover bullshit, and you had a rise in secondary companies helmed by creators who split off to cash in on the gold rush.
All in all it got to the point where you had a titanic wall of comic titles, and then confidence in the entire scheme fell apart and the bubble burst.

But it definitely started with collector fags paying outrageous sums for dubiously rare books from the 60's and 70's.
>>
File: Marvel Relauches in a Nutshell.jpg (622 KB, 640x3312) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Relauches in a Nutshell.jpg
622 KB, 640x3312
You know what this reminds me of, that episode of Ed Edd n Eddy where Eddy uses the same scam over and over again but with minor tweaks.
>>
>>83155277
This is just fucking over the comic book shops more than anything because they keep ordering a ton and then if they don't sell they get fucked.

That and the fact the guy who owns my LCS wasn't interested in my autism when the store was literally empty in the middle of the day are why I just steal comics on the internet
>>
>>83155452
Marvel's lead is predicated on their relaunches and Star Wars lines.
>>
>>83155452
>Why are they so worried about DC's Rebirth thing?
They aren't. Why should they be? They see the shoppe across the street doing a big promo, they decide they want to run one too. It's called maintaining market share.

Marvel and DC are running a business, you know. And there's a finite market for comic books.
>>
>>83155452
New52 drove away a significant number of Fans, which Rebirth is intended to bring back into buying DC.

Plus #1s and events always sell, and Rebirth is both.
>>
>>83155513
Frankly it's amazing that Ye Olde Comic Shoppe has survived past the slow demise of music stores, book stores and movie rental chains.

You would think that the rise of TPB/Hardcovers and Amazon would just kill them all off finally.
>>
>>83155452
Didn't they make a fuck ton last month on darkie leopard which will prob not even break 40K by issue 6 and off the back of star wars, power rangers, and a bunch of other not comic original properties?

I mean even DC's only really selling batman and shit like space ghost
>>
>>83155513
Don't forget that Marvel requires you to buy huge numbers of comics to get variant covers.

They're literally doing everything they did to crash the industry last time. They never fucking learn, and now they have Disney to bolster them so they don't actually care.
>>
Marvel NOW!
Marvel NOW! 2: All New All Different
Marvel NOW! 3: The Return.
>>
Marvel NOW
Marvel THEN
Marvel SOON
Marvel SOMETIME
Marvel WHENEVER
>>
>>83155491
Did you see how Marvel are bringing back metallic covers for Civil War 2?

It's like the 90's are happening again. Image is big, floods of variants and widespread changes to established characters.
>>
File: Avery.jpg (26 KB, 312x232) Image search: [Google]
Avery.jpg
26 KB, 312x232
>>83155522
>Marvel's lead is predicated on their relaunches and Star Wars lines.

Which is why DC led when Marvel didn't own Star Wars and neither company was relaunching......oh wait, nm you're an idiot.
>>
Marvel NOW!
Marvel ALL NEW NOW!
Marvel ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT!
Marvel NOW!
Marvel NOW.0!
Marvel NOW.INH!
>>
>>83155601
Wasn't the last crash what killed the Xmen and Spiderman cartoons?

>>83155593
They would really be better off going to a digital only subscription based model. I would fucking pay too if one of the companies actually put every single back issue into their online service and changed me x amount per month/year to have access to every one of the issues of the comic I like.
>>
>>83155600
They released a comic to tie in with their movie. Black Panther got a ton of press from Social Justice types for his blackness, and people saw a #1 of the character in the news.

He might do Whor numbers.
>>
File: mahvel.jpg (67 KB, 556x236) Image search: [Google]
mahvel.jpg
67 KB, 556x236
>>83155608
Did you forget Marvel: All new? came before All New All Different.
>>
>>83155644
Variants weren't a thing of the 90s, you dirty milennial
>>
File: Lupin-the-Third-1.jpg (64 KB, 695x713) Image search: [Google]
Lupin-the-Third-1.jpg
64 KB, 695x713
>>83155644
If people will buy a thing, someone will make a thing. Wherever there's a market for something, there's someone willing to supply it.

Perhaps Marvel senses that the improving economic conditions and the resurgence of fanboyism will once again support these silly products.
>>83155601
The fact that shops are buying to get the variants, that they can profit this way, supports this idea.
>>
>>83148155
I love you guys but you gotta stop. Maybe it won't be a #1 relaunch, but just a bunch of new titles?
>>
>>83155699
Lel
>>
>>83155644
I was looking though an AoA trade today at borders and the art isn't even as shit as I thought 90s art was. Jubilee looked super cute even though for some fucking reason she had blue eyes.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaLQEf0I1O0
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9XhC0WB0aw

I think Lobo used to freak me out when I was a kid. I remember not liking the second commercial when I was little
>>
>>83155760
That would be a smart decision.

But Marvel hasn't made one of those in a while.
>>
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if after the Avengers 3 movie, they relaunch with the name Marvel 2
>>
>>83155726
>and the resurgence of fanboyism

That's fanGIRLism, you shit Lord.
>>
Every time Marvel does a relaunch I get excited because it might mean Slott off Spider-man.

please let this be the relaunch that does it
>>
>>83155726
>being lolberterian

typical marveldrone
>>
File: He Man.jpg (6 KB, 247x204) Image search: [Google]
He Man.jpg
6 KB, 247x204
>>83155867
It all spends the same.
>>83155820
Yes, they continue to fail into first place. It's pretty canny for DC to perpetually lurk in distant second, avoiding the limelight.
>>
>>83155726
>Perhaps Marvel senses that the improving economic conditions and the resurgence of fanboyism will once again support these silly products.

It's more of retards who don't read the books and see the movies and see #1 and buy that and then never buy another issue. I remember a bunch of my friends doing that when nu52 came out
>>
File: Ferrengi.jpg (45 KB, 393x500) Image search: [Google]
Ferrengi.jpg
45 KB, 393x500
>>83155917
>Capitalism is terrible when my team's not the one winning at it.

Cry moar.
>>
File: Star Trek.jpg (39 KB, 627x352) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek.jpg
39 KB, 627x352
>>83155953
>It's more of retards who don't read the books and see the movies

People who sell things for a living generally do not give a single fuck about your motivations for buying from them.

Next time you are in a comic shop, see if the guy behind the counter CARES why you buy an armful of Batman comic books.
>>
Civil War III when
>>
>>83156063
Whenever people seem likely to buy it.
>>
Marvel needs to hang it up. Just fucking stop, okay? You have the same audience and all of your relaunches have failed to gain any dedicated new readers who buy your shitty product as a whole. If it didn't work the last three times, it's not going to work now, just stop it and try again in ten years once your movies have dried out
>>
File: bill-gates.jpg (30 KB, 770x476) Image search: [Google]
bill-gates.jpg
30 KB, 770x476
>>83156097
Why would they possibly do that? Why would you possibly care?
>>
>>83150531
When has Moore been consulted for anything ever? he already said it as it is.

Both publishers are creatively bankrupt, and suits not writers create the stories through pseudo talent that only got that far due to the pull of "relationships".

There is a good reason why they can't sell shit except through cheap tricks, like movies, adaptations, crossovers, relaunches, hero vs hero dick battles, death and resurrections.

Really name a good story from Marvel from the past 6 years, and I mean "memorable" good.
>>
>>83156059
>implying they don't care

I've gotten weird looks for buying Harley Quinn books before anon. Granted I was buying said book because I saw that it had Harley in bed in her panties with Ivy but that is besides the point.
>>
Can we admit that Marvel's current output is complete, utter trash?
The only good release now is Moon Knight.
>>
>>83155892
Slott wants to write Spider-Man longer than any other writer. Considering Bendis has like a 10 year head start on him, he'll probably die before this happens.
Either way, you're gonna have to wait a very long time for that.
>>
>>83156137
There is no benefit to them continually relaunching all their books. It doesn't attract new readers, it makes things more confusing, it's a waste
>>
>>83156182
>Moon knight

lol
>>
File: Alan_Keyes.jpg (57 KB, 416x431) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Keyes.jpg
57 KB, 416x431
>>83156165
They still don't care.
>>83156161
Excepting movies, comic books have been using those methods to sell books for longer than you've been alive.
>>
>>83155726
>improving economic conditions

u wot m8
>>
>>83156097
If marvel literally said, here is an app, pay us $20 a month and you have access to every single xmen and x related back issue and current issues as well as a reading order I'd buy that shit asap
>>
>>83156217
>There is no benefit to them continually relaunching all their books.
Yet Marvel and DC continue to do so, and I would suspect their accountants have a better grasp of the benefits of it than you do.
>>
>>83156182
>movie pitch the comic
>good

Marvel hasn't made anything good in like a decade
>>
>>83156231
They were happy I was buying the shit but they were still judging me.
>>
File: Cruz.jpg (51 KB, 1140x712) Image search: [Google]
Cruz.jpg
51 KB, 1140x712
>>83156242
>Consumer confidence and spending isn't up, Sean Hannity told me it was all LIES!

Is every facet of your life a Company War? That's just sad.
>>
>>83156299
No, no one really cares. You're just some passing idiot to smirk at.
>>
>>83148155
>Fans can look forward to hearing about brand new titles

>Gamora
>Blade
>Kate Hawkeye

Are there any other books that Marvel announced or blatantly hinted would happen?
>>
>>83156265
Check comichron sales, books like NBA were selling well in issue #30, after relaunch is selling at 14k, the relaunch killed a lot of books.
>>
>>83156229
>>83156296
But at least MK doesn't try to reuse the Civil War storyline or pander to faggots, muslims or lolsogeek.

And the art is good.
>>
>>83156265
Oh, so have they outright said 'all these relaunches are great'?

Because I don't think they have except for DiDio recently saying that DCYou was a flop more or less
>>
>>83156371
Creative changes have killed more than a few good books, whether they got a renumbering or not. This happens constantly.
>>
>>83156371
Fuck i mean to say books like Nova
>>
>>83156396
Any pop in sales is a plus. If it doesn't end up being sustainable, it's seen as a "flop" at some point. But Nu52 inarguably made DC more money than they were making before it.
>>
>>83156161
Fractions Hawkeye. Gillens Journey Into Mystery. X-Men Legacy. Superior Foes. Hickman's Fantastic Four stared around 2010 right? Uncanny X force.
>>
>>83156371
Apehoop has a comic?
>>
File: Le Troll.jpg (48 KB, 700x512) Image search: [Google]
Le Troll.jpg
48 KB, 700x512
>>83156464
Nothing you will name will be judged "good" by him.
Stop wasting your time responding to 13 yr old "EVERYTHING IS SHIT" posters.
>>
>>83156410
>creative changes have killed comics before
Yes the only thing is that not the artist or writer of Those book have changed, some example of books affected by the relaunch are:
>nova
>spider-gwen
>Ángela queen of hel
>weirdwold
>x-men 92
>spider-woman
Ect
>>
>>83156391
I mean, I'm not saying its not better than standard Marvel fare because it totally is. It's just pretty middling compared to DC and Image's offerings.
>>
>>83156526
Everything Big 2 is shit, though
>>
>>83156461
It was a genuine shakeup that would bring in interest from all corners because everything was being thrown out in favor of a new continuity and numbering.

But Marvel? They've just been rebranding and renumbering just because, it's nothing outrageous enough to make someone stop and go 'what is that'
>>
>>83156532
The Spider-female books were always going to have a limited lifespan, once fapping to them has lost the novelty.
Nova was doomed as the goodwill towards Annihilation faded and Dick Rider was swapped out for Doughnut Steele.
>>
>>83156161
>both publishers r bad!
>only focuses on Marvel

it's almost as if Marvel is the bad one and Marvel fans are just projecting their lack of quality onto DC?
>>
File: 1392966450979.jpg (43 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1392966450979.jpg
43 KB, 240x240
>>83156583
Then having said that, why aren't you participating/creating a more Patrician comics thread?
>>
>>83156646
This is a marvel hate thread. DC is shit too but we can bring up their garbage elsewhere.
>>
>>83156638
I also forgot
>Howard the duck
>all new Hawkeye
>Squirrel girl
>a-force
>Star-lord
>thor (just a little)
>GoTG

I think the only one saves are deadpool, main x-men and avengers line
>>
File: Behold.png (210 KB, 355x408) Image search: [Google]
Behold.png
210 KB, 355x408
>>83156646
Nah, it's almost as if both companies are about as good as they've been for a couple of decades, and DCshrills are pained because of their recent failures. Unless you think it's Marveldrones creating threads titled "MARLEL"
in which case you've probably been lurking too much for your own good.
>>
>>83156675
I tried a couple of threads today, a scifi thread and a sword and sorcery thread.

Both of them reached 15 or less replies. /co/ doesn't want to talk comics, so here I am collecting (You)'s
>>
>>83156646

Pretty much this.

How many events does DC do compared to Marvel? How many relaunches does DC do compared to Marvel's 4 a year?
>>
>>83156572
DC has a more consistent quality output, but the Batgod stuff is awful, and they doesn't really have a lot of interesting characters. I'm liking what they are doing with the cosmology btw.
I try to stay away from Image, the quality control is weird (they have great comics, but a lot of utter trash pseudo-indie shit).

I like Valiant a lot tho.
>>
>>83156769
Then let me help a brother out.
Generally /co/ functions more like a bitching forum than an fan site, just like most of the Intarwebs.
>>
>>83156746
This is true. Marvel is exactly as good as it's been for decades. It's just that Marvel was always shit.
>>
File: Batcard.jpg (38 KB, 584x324) Image search: [Google]
Batcard.jpg
38 KB, 584x324
>>83156837
>DC has a more consistent quality output,

That's a fine opinion to have, and I respect your right to have it.
Batman is what keeps the lights on at DC comics. (and in their movies now, see MoS2 and SS).
>>
>>83156526
>using Trollface with infamous Reddit "Le"

such old meme, very nostalgic
>>
>>83156871
It was pithy the first two times you said it. Now you need to work on adding something else to the dialogue.
>>
>>83156911
I've been lurking a long, long time.
>>
But we already had Marvel Now.
>>
>All-New All-NOW Marvel Giant-Size Avengers #0
>Prepare for the greatest Avengers story ever told! Writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist Kim Jung Gi go BEYOND Giant-Size to bring you 120 pages of searing white-hot Marvel superheroes action! Split into six chapters, each of which focuses on an iconic Avenger, this is the world's greatest superhero team as you've never seen them before! Pick up the first chapter as Giant-Size Avengers #0.1 at your local comic store NOW!
>>
>>83148155
>it'll reveal new creative teams and new series for Marvel's lineup going forward
Please take Slott off of Spider-Man.
>>
>>83156978
That was Marvel Now then. This is Marvel Now now.
>>
>>83156978
This Now is more now than that Now, which was then.
>>
File: Alfred P.jpg (7 KB, 194x260) Image search: [Google]
Alfred P.jpg
7 KB, 194x260
>>83157025
>DC Universe: Rebirth #!
>It all begins here. Do not skip to the last page. Do not let a friend or message board ruin this comic for you. The future (and past) of the DC Universe starts here. Don’t say we didn’t warn you!
> “Rebirth is about focusing in on the core of the character and their respective universe,” says writer and DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns. “It brings back what has been lost: the legacy of the characters, the love and the hope of the DCU!”

The $ stands for "Hope"
>>
File: Aygohr.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Aygohr.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>>83157150
I'll give them this, rarely has a solicit used "We have been complete shit, but now it's going to be great for a change!"
>>
>>83157150
Wow dude you really are a drug addict Marvel shill. I'm reading like 5 comics from Marvel right now and your post is salty as fuck.

Get over it, and read comics more than you watch movies.
>>
>>83157025
>Bendis

Why does Marvel obsess over this retard? Him being so integral to their company is pretty telling of the level of quality they're aiming for.
>>
>>83157257
Dry your goddamn eyes already.
>>
>>83157199
Yeah way to throw the Nu52 apologists (me included) under the bus.
>>
Watch Marvel crash the fucking industry

Again.
>>
>>83157287
Johns is telling you that you were always stupid for liking it even a little.
>>
File: Civil War II Bingo issue 0.jpg (628 KB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
Civil War II Bingo issue 0.jpg
628 KB, 1308x954
>>83148155
The bingo progresses
>>
>Marvel Then
>Marvel Now
>Marvel Later
In before Marvel Never

Seriously though, this "seasonal" approach seems counterintuitive. It seems like even some of the trades go back to One

>>83157279
Probably because he's one of the few writers from the pre-CW days that didn't jump ship to go indie.
>>
>>83157426
>event pushes a new relaunch
>>
>>83156841
Once upon a time, we could have actual comic discussion here. But hey, times change, and unfortunately there'll never be a way to filter out every 4chan post made by someone that didn't start using the site until after 2010.
>>
>>83157426
Some of the spots on that Bingo have been inherent in comic books for at least the last 40 years.
2/10, you tried
>>
>>83157492
I didn't create the bingo, it was made months ago when it was first announced
>>
>>83157491
We're discussing comic books
>>
So how long until the "next big event" launches.

FFS, they only had a 4 month break between secret wars and civil war 2.

Are we seriously looking at a big event and relaunch every 2 months? Despite LCS and general numbers saying that the market is getting beyond tired of it?
>>
File: You Must Be New Here.jpg (75 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
You Must Be New Here.jpg
75 KB, 311x311
>>83157491
>Once upon a time, we could have actual comic discussion here.
I've been here as long as anyone. It was always 90% Batgod faggotry and "Could Superman Beat X" and Gay for the X-Men and "Writer X is a hack".

/co/ was never a polite forum for the in-depth discussion of comics medium. It's been pirated comics, heckling and the occasional storytime forever.
>>
>>83157520
Go steal a better one then.
>>
>>83157596
Big companies of any sort are slow ponderous beasts that very reluctantly alter their business models. Loss of market share is the only thing that snaps them out of their rut.

I say this as someone who works at a big Fortune 500 company doing the same tired old shit.
>>
>>83157596
Talks about another market crash have been bouncing around more recently.

Marvel is doing a LOT of the same shit that lead to the 90's bust.
>>
>>83157596
Death of X is in a month or two, right?

This is just the standard Marvel MO. They don't make comics with stories. They make events to pitch as movie ideas.

It used to be that Marvel had Spiderman and X-men to counter the fact that their main titles were utter shit, but now Spiderman is awful and X-man is intentionally being tanked because muh movies.

The House of Bad Ideas is the Activision of the comics industry
>>
>>83157605
>reddit memes
>>
File: niggeralarm.gif (367 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
niggeralarm.gif
367 KB, 320x240
>>83157150
https://desustorage.org/co/search/filename/Alfred%20P.jpg/
https://desustorage.org/co/search/filename/Aygohr.jpg/
>>
File: 1370751186708.jpg (9 KB, 219x200) Image search: [Google]
1370751186708.jpg
9 KB, 219x200
>>83157066
>taking Slott off Spider-Man
His Spidey sells well, bro.
>>
>>83157824
Holy shit. Mouseketeers are autistic as all fuck.
>>
Is Marvel being secretly run by Vince McMahon now? Because this makes no sense and will only drive away potential new readers further and further away
>>
This could backfire so bad on Marvel it isn't funny.

LCS and readers are already highly annoyed and burnt out with the way Marvel has been relaunching and event driven lately. Casual readers are going to be put off from yet another attempt at it.

I'm not a fan of Rebirth, but at least DC only reboots every so often.

I just feel terrible for the writers. It's growing increasingly hard just to do a normal 6 issue run without having it effected by the new event or status quo. Readers have to be getting wipe lash over it.
>>
>>83157953
They try to piss off customers to get people talking. It's working; instead of Rebirth everybody is talking about how fucking stupid Marvel is being.

They're "Pretending to be Retarded: The Company."
>>
File: 1373373084894.jpg (40 KB, 479x356) Image search: [Google]
1373373084894.jpg
40 KB, 479x356
>>83158121
>I'm not a fan of Rebirth, but at least DC only reboots every so often.
>>
>>83158164
>They're "Pretending to be Retarded: The Company."

I dunno, man. Sometimes you have to wonder when the pretending begins
>>
>>83157896
You know who also sold well, Chuck Austen on x-men but he was removed for how awful his comic was
>>
>>83158121
Nothing could ever backfire on Marvel to make an actual impact. Marvel has a few dedicated lifers who will buy anything regardless of quality, and bank mostly on kids and Normies picking up a couple books for a bit, then dropping them. Marvel's goal is not to retain customers but to always pick up new ones they haven't chased off yet.

If it DID backfire, nothing would happen. Marvel is backed by one of the biggest megacorps on the planet so they can literally never go bankrupt. They have no incentive to not tank the industry because they aren't part of it. The absolute worst thing that could happen is Disney scales back the company and puts most of its properties on hold, like they do for the Muppets or Tron.
>>
>>83158209
how many reboots has DC done?
>>
I legit stopped buying Marvel books after Secret Wars because I really enjoyed it and realized whatever followed wouldn't come close and would be complete trash. As far as I'm concerned, the Marvel Universe ended with its rebirth in the last issue. That's it, all the characters literally got perfect closures to the stories that started back in the 60s. Humanity is going to the stars and shit thanks to Wakanda and even Doom is happy now.
>>
>>83148781
I'd be ok with an 8-month skip once a year actually
>>
>>83158414
Two. Three if you count Golden Age to Silver Age.

In comparison, Marvel has done it... never. Once if you count Golden Age to Silver Age.
>>
>>83148155
Jesus fuck please stop already.
>>
>>83157426
There are plenty of things that can already be marked and make Bingo because they're all but confirmed

-Nazi Cap will reference the old Civil War on his book.
-Black Panther and Thanos already acted out of character in FCBD
-It's confirmed someone will die in solicitations
-Ullyses is Bendis created and is the most important character
-The Guardians of the Galaxy will show up
-The Guardians show up to help Carol so it's confirmed Star-Lord will jump sides
-People already were sitting and talking about life on #0
-And of course, today was confirmed the event will push a new relaunch

I think it's enough to call Bingo twice.
>>
>>83158346
This anon gets it. However Slott stayed on Spidey for so long has to stop. He's fucking awful.
>>
File: sweating.jpg (19 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
sweating.jpg
19 KB, 255x255
>>83155247
>Spider-Storm
>>
>>83158917

Bingo before issue 1. Good job Marvel! We should be able to use this data to create a Marvel-event plot randomizer.
>>
>>83156837
>DC doesn't have interesting characters.

Here's the truth. A company named Marvel, which is almost entirely unrelated to the shitbags pushing rehash comics today, got Stan Lee, Ditko, Claremont, etc to write comics for them 40-50 years ago and current-day lame asses are still living off that initial greatness.

It's not DC's fault Spider-Man was made by some other guys 50 years ago, and that's no credit to Marvel. It's not DC's fault that Parent Company didn't buy Star Wars.
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.