[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>has a power ring >uses a gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
>has a power ring
>uses a gun
>>
>>83147896
I'm pretty sure plenty of lanterns use a weapon
>>
>>83147896
it wouldn't be racial stereotype otherwise
>>
>>83147896
They explain why he has a gun in story. Read comics sometimes.
>>
Jack T. Chance did it first and got his ass beat twice because of it
>>
>>83147896
>I'll keep posting it to show how I've never read a GL title in my life!

Nice one, Pedro.
>>
>>83147896
Makes sense to me. Space aliens are expecting the ring, but the bullet? Virtually never.
>>
File: Simon_Baz_with_gun.jpg (716 KB, 1347x1643) Image search: [Google]
Simon_Baz_with_gun.jpg
716 KB, 1347x1643
atleast his mask looks decent now
first one looks like a muhammad gimp party
>>
>>83148062
How do we fix Simon /co/? I don't want him to go but i don't want him to stay either
>>
>>83147998
Didn't he die?
>>
>>83148166
Twice. That's what I meant by that.
>>
>>83148132
Dual wielding guns
>>
>>83148132
Put the power ring in his gun. It is this source of his power now. Beware his power, green guntern's light
>>
>>83148190
Poor guy. Should have had more guns.
>>
>>83148132
Fire Humprhies and Venditti and put some good wrtiers on GL. That's all that needs to happen. The problem with Simon is he was a minor character when Johns was in charge, and then literally everyone else forgot he existed and he's never had a decent writer handling him.

Also more guns just to piss OP off would be great.
>>
>>83147896
Weak bait, man
>>
>>83148230
No, put the lantern in the gun, have him charge it by shooting himself in the head.
>>
>>83148263
how about his personality though? Jess will either be the punished or the new gal of the bunch, he needs something to make him stand out from the other earth lanterns
>>
>>83148515
Desh pls. John still won't get book.
>>
>>83147985
He's some flavor of Arab, not black
>>
>>83148565
He was chosen because Hal and Sinestro "died", and told their rings to find someone. Except Hal's ring was made by Sinestro, and they merged together again with conflicting messages (Sinestro wanted someone like him, Hal wanted someone like him). They should play that up more, that Simon wasn't chosen by conventional means, that while he might have some goodness there's a reason Sinestro's ring chose him.

Don't have him go evil but struggling with it might be cool, and give him a hook separate from the rest of the lanterns.
>>
>>83148750
problem is that Sinestro and Hal are polar opposites, Hal likes to rush into conflict and figure out what to do later, he is ready to sacrifice himself and struggles with his own past failures, meanwhile Sinestro is more of a strategist, waiting and planning before attacking, he would rather send the others to die for him and hates to lose, i can't see how they could play Simon to resemble both characters at the same time
>>
>>83148248
Goddammit I almost got fired laughing at that.
>>
>>83148905
So... he'll strategically rush into action?
>>
>>83148905
He will send himself on well thought out suicide runs!
>>
Offence in one hand Defense in the other what's the problem
>>
File: comics.png (256 KB, 324x423) Image search: [Google]
comics.png
256 KB, 324x423
>>83148132
>How do we fix the GL as a whole?
Stop making every secound corp member human who mostly hang around the same sector.
Have the guts to develop a space police that actually do stuff in space and not half the time on earth

But hey. Taking risks in comics. Heh...
>>
>>83149915
that wasn't the question you bloody autist
>>
File: beatrice feels.jpg (142 KB, 761x764) Image search: [Google]
beatrice feels.jpg
142 KB, 761x764
>Written by Sam Humpries

I am glad I am not a big GLfag or I would be extremely depressed or angry
>>
The logic behind using a gun when you have the most powerful tool in the universe that is only hindered by the scope of it's bearer's imagination is utterly baffling. Maybe it's just another example of DC trying to "reinvigorate" the 90's era of the brand like it did with the Bloodlines mini-seriss
>>
>>83150268
>i don't read comics but let me share my hot opinions anyway
>>
>>83148905
It seemed like from his first arc, the Sinestro in him is being willing to do antihero shit. The first time he met Sinestro, he shot him in the face.
>>
>>83149915
>Have the guts to develop a space police that actually do stuff in space and not half the time on earth

They're literally doing that with the new series. They're going back to the Englehert/Staton era of Hal and the Corps getting shit done, but this time in space rather than on Earth. Keep on shitposting though.
>>
>>83147896
Who the fuck even remembered to invite Simon?
>>
It'd be cool if he could use the bullets as conduits to make constructs from multiple points. But that would also be really dumb.

>>83149631
Well
I mean isn't that what a lot of Lanterns end up doing lately? We've had a lot of events with last stands recently.
>>
>Rankorr is killed off
>Simon Baz is still here
>>
>>83147896
The nigger will for armed robbery is higher than the green lantern will for justice.

This leads to interesting conflicts in which he steals with his left hand and tries to stop the robbery with his right hand. Ying and Yang.
>>
File: 1347506005604.jpg (169 KB, 900x582) Image search: [Google]
1347506005604.jpg
169 KB, 900x582
Bang.
>>
Its so he's got something to use if his ring runs out and he cant charge it. It's actually pretty cool
>>
>>83154134
Rankorr was literally lite Kyle though
>>
>>83148132
Kill him.

Give Jessica back her Power Ring and make her crazy again.
>>
>>83148132

>Drop the gun
>Play up the Street Racing angle
>Give his sister a Blue Ring
>>
>>83154227
kek. would read.
>>
>>83150378
>>83147996
He had the gun because ring was faulty and he got the ring out of nowhere. It's fixed now and he still uses the gun. I mean it makes sense for a back up but not to use it every chance he gets. I think they might be setting him up to die like Abin Sur. If you think the ring will fail you it will. Self-fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>83157383
>I think they might be setting him up to die like Abin Sur. If you think the ring will fail you it will. Self-fulfilling prophecy.
Good point there, just hope they do something better with him before killing him off, i mean they fixed John, i am sure they can do the same with him
>>
>>83158392

>they fixed John

When?
>>
>>83147896
Atleast a gun's useful. Jruk used an axe adn there was another lantern in the past that didn't use the ring to fight, he just like beating people up hand to hand.
>>
File: 1450454003329.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1450454003329.png
2 KB, 142x138
>>83158633
I kinda of like super serious John at least when he isn't wondering about back in the day or the planet destruction
>>
>>83147896
>Arab
You really surprised?
>>
>>83147896
>Has a weapon that runs out
>Doesn't keep a backup weapon

Shit like this is why Batman became Batgod, because if a cape character comes up with a plan b, people lose their minds.
>>
>>83158911
Surprised he isn't using an AK.
>>
>>83159831
he's from Detroit, of course he's using a handgun
>>
>>83147896
Used to be the ring wouldn't kill people, which made using a gun handy.

Then the rings started killing people.
And the gun wielding ring users stopped being deranged outlaw space cowboys bringing law to a wild world.
>>
>>83148166
Yes. But after Hal came back. To show off how serious I wanna say Kylax was? Coulda been the Manhunters.
>>
>>83160118
yeah Parallax Kyle killed him
>>
>>83158965
No, it's because batman is dc best selling character that's why he can beat everyone else.
>>
>>83147896
Thank you DC for saving us. We'll be forever grateful.

-Marvel Cosmic fans
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.