[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC Universe: reboot. For about the twelfth time since 1985. Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: REBIRTH-splash.jpg (3 MB, 4044x3131) Image search: [Google]
REBIRTH-splash.jpg
3 MB, 4044x3131
DC Universe: reboot. For about the twelfth time since 1985. Discuss.
>>
>>83139637
>reboot
kill yourself
>>
>>83139637
>Wildstorm nowhere to be seen.
Maybe DC will kill them all in cold blood.
>>
>>83139637

DC's only rebooted twice in its history, now technically only once since they're rolling back the New 52.
>>
>>83139637
It isn't a rebbot, now shut the fuck up and stop wasting threads.
>>
>>83140600
What is it then? How would you call it?
>>
If its not a reboot they are just making their continuity even more confusing?
>>
>>83140631
It's really just a relaunch. You'd have to be retarded to not understand that.
>>
They are rebooting to a previous reboot. So is it a deboot?
>>
>>83139637
Theres's so many threads, has the whole thing actually been storytimed?
>>
>>83139637
There's been 2.

>>83140654
Dunno. I just read it, found it underwhelming (big surprise from Johns). It wanks over Flash and Johns brought his JSA back so he can write them with his awful skills.
>>
>>83140654
see
>>>83134205
>>
>>83140631
it's a restore. everything that happened in Nu52 still happened, but things prior to Nu52 that had been erased are being brought back
>>
>>83140645
Pretty much.
>>
>>83139637
Wondy looks happy...in an almost derpy way
>>
>>83139637
>reboot.
It isnt a reboot at all, why is it so hard to get this?

> For about the twelfth time since 1985.
They only did once, and it wasnt even a full reboot (neither in 1985).
>>
>Discuss

Fucking go back to /v/ with that painfully obvious bait you shitposting nigger.
>>
>>83139637

How are some of those characters seemingly running on air?
>>
>>83140684
You don't understand what is happening? Really?
You have to be quite slow to not get it.
>>
I'm fucking tired of these assholes thinking that changing the beginning changes the stories they write when it never happens that way. It's pretty depressing actually. It apparently doesn't matter how shit starts, it always ends the same way, in the middle where things are suspiciously like they were in the eighties or whatever in the fuck when the guys writing now first gave up on women and picked up comics.

The biggest problem with comics is nostalgia. This navel gazing bullshit and desperate convolutions they go through to make the shit they liked twenty years ago matter will always ruin everything. They trip over what the guy who wrote things ten years ago did so they erase it. They do this so they can redo the shit they read twenty years ago which was a reboot of the shit written forty years ago that was undone thirty years ago.

Fuckers need to let shit go.
>>
>>83141643
This so very much.

Most new things they do in comics and readers hate is because
What they write is un-characteristic, most writer or directors want to make their mark on the book or they introduce things jst because event, highlightt and for sales.
>>
The story has the right kind of feeling and an interesting premiss, I don't really care if it messes a bit with the continuity as long as it's good.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.