[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to Iron Man's suits? >Civil War suits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
What happened to Iron Man's suits?
>Civil War suits ripped apart, can't catch up to Quinjet, nor catch Rhodey
>AoU suit wasn't special, but Hulkbuster was good
>Iron Man 3 suit a fucking joke, the rest had little gimmicks to them and were all shut down by Exremis dudes
>Avengers suit is a flying tank, weapons up the ass and is easy to put on
>Iron Man 2 is a straight upgrade to IM1
>IM1 suit hit by tank, fell out of the sky, slammed into by jet, and was fast enough to out fly jets, and catch a pilot
Even the MkI suit fell a distance greater than Rhodeys and he was fine
>>
>>83132275
>Even the MkI suit fell a distance greater than Rhodeys and he was fine

He landed in sand, which sure, realistically probably doesn't mean jack shit.

But audiences imagine it's soft and gives, so they buy it the same way they buy it when Scrooge McDuck swims in gold coins.
>>
When characters start crossing over, their strength moves towards the median.

It's why Batman goes from having trouble with a skinny guy holding a knife to taking on Darkseid, or why Flash goes from light speed to the speed of a car.
>>
That whole scene with Rhodey was bullshit. Either Rhodey should've been fine with the fall or Tony should've been fast enough. No excuse.

I was fine with the suits being shit when I remembered Tony saying they were really holding back, but Tony sure as hell wasn't holding back then.
>>
The convenience of the suits diminishes them
>>
>>83132455
In Iron Man 1 Tony's suit could fly faster than jets. He also caught a pilot who was free falling.

Yet, he couldn't catch Rhodey somehow.
>>
Iron Man 3 has Tony with PTSD. He rushes his designs, making suits for every occasion, and makes a shitty multi-part suit that literally falls apart when he gets hit hard enough.
He then gets his arc reactor removed from his heart and thus no longer needs thicker armor to protect it.
Then CW and Ultron happen. Somewhere in between this, he's been dumped by Pepper.

So again, he's got a shitload of stress in his life, and as we know, Tony can't deal with shit in a healthy manner. So I can assume that again, he's cutting corners with his suits and tinkering a little too much, in such a way that makes him worse than he was, because that's how his negative emotions get expressed.

But that's just my bullshit theory, I guess. >>83132389 is probably more right.
>>
>>83132389
/thread
>>
>>83134033
also that largely pointless closure simulator was probably a bitch and a half to make
>>
>went through tough battle that had antman damage his equipment
>3 was a prototype suit, and a fleet of experimental purpose suits
>all other times he had fully functioning suit
>rhodes got hit with a cosmic beam
>>
Rhodes fell out of the sky literally with hunk of heavy irons surrounding him, that's literally it. His reactor busted and the machinery, system whatever that could prevent mortal injury him was gone. Tony got hit by a tank dead end but his reactor was still intact with all its safe precaution system
>>
>>83135643
Tony shot into the ground like a meteor and even made a huge crater from the impact. Rhodey was in the newest WAR MACHINE armor made for battle and broke his spine
>>
File: WarMachineMAY160755.jpg (82 KB, 664x364) Image search: [Google]
WarMachineMAY160755.jpg
82 KB, 664x364
>>83136014
That's still just a retrofitted Mark-2 armor. It's not like having guns attached makes it stronger, and without power there's no armor-granted superstrength to keep that spine in position, Rhodey was just a guy in an suit of loose armor when he fell.
>>
>>83136254
>wore junk
>>
>>83136364
Well played, Sir. I do believe you have won the day.
>>
What were the post IM3 suits' main power source? Batteries?
>>
>>83132275
Easiest explanation is that he's been focused on miniaturization so that his suits can be transported and put on/removed quickly. As such he's sacrificing armor and speed capacity in exchange for being able to rapidly deploy the suit.

>>83136364
Didn't he use retrorockets to break his fall?
>>
>>83137007
The first suit took like what, a good minute to screw in?
I don't think it's a good trade off. Atleast have a few durable ones inside the tower that can only be put on through the process of screws and Robo arms
>>
>>83137007
>it may not be as strong but now i can fit it in my man purse

no wonder she left you tony
>>
>>83133964
if he had caught rodey he wouldn't have been buttblasted enough anon
>>
How strong is a repulsor blast? Or his laser?
Hulk swam through a direct HB beam like nothing, regular blasts are barely punches
What's going on
What are repulsor blasts
>>
>>83134141
>rhodes got hit with a cosmic beam

That doesn't explain why he got so hurt when he fell. IM's early suits have fallen from great heights and he was fine.
>>
>>83138816
I think repulsors are like long distance defibrillators than lasers. Focus one on a human long enough and it might cause long term damage.
>>
>>83132389
I am sure that if Batman used his super suit all the time the sknny clown wouldn't be a problem either
>>
>>83138816
They are repulsors. They repulse. They're not like Vision's head lasers.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.