[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well the New 52 era is officially over (DCYou was such an abortion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: The_New_52_Wallpaper.jpg (868 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
The_New_52_Wallpaper.jpg
868 KB, 1280x1024
Well the New 52 era is officially over (DCYou was such an abortion that not even DC act like it counts). What did you enjoy from it /co/? I mean it wasn't all bad, right?
>>
I liked Dial H and OMAC, nothing else really
>>
DCYou was just an ad campaign for part of the New 52 you idiot, it wasn't a reboot.
>>
>>83132244
Demon Knights.

That's it.
>>
>>83132244
Aquaman was pretty baller
>>
>>83132290

I didn't say reboot. Rebirth isn't even a reboot
>>
Manapul/buccelato flash was good. I also liked the Martian Manhunter ongoing
>>
I'm not going to pretend like DCYou didn't fail, but a lot of what it put out was good.
Prez, Gotham Academy, and that last arc of JLI were great.
Also Klarion. Though the writing suffered from being rushed, and wasn't the best to begin with, the art was amazing.
>>
I can honestly not recall DCYou. Was it that whole we are robin and black canary bullshit that was happening?
>>
Will I be able to get into Rebirth comics if I am a relative newbie to contemporary DC? Stopped reading mid Brightest Day.
>>
>>83132244

why do you guys act like DCYou was something more than just a branding name.
like Marvel doing All New All Different Marvel.

It doesn't actually mean anything, its just an initiative name.
>>
>>83132464

its all the books that launched post-Convergence.
>>
>>83132495
If you've read more than just that, then yes.
>>
>>83132311

who hurt you?
>>
>>83132497
>It doesn't actually mean anything.

DC did push their "story before continuity" meme with DCYou, so it felt like more than just a branding name.
>>
>>83132244
>DCYou was such an abortion that not even DC act like it counts
Confirming that you never actually read any of it. DCYou had some fucking goat titles
>>
>>83132634

I meant sales and relevence wise. I bought a shit load of DCYou books. I'm surprised Doctor Fate is going to 18 issues
>>
File: New School Of Perfection.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3507) Image search: [Google]
New School Of Perfection.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3507
>>83132244

>252 outlives New 52

And like all things Sonic Comic related, it continues to be better than DC/Marvel capeshit.

Stay mad capefags. We'll keep racking up those records and good storylines.
>>
Superman is my favorite character, so I don't have much nice to say about New 52. I will say I loved the New 52 Shazam backups in Justice League.
>>
>>83132706
>I'm surprised Doctor Fate is going to 18 issues
Because they have a bias for Paul Levitz?
>>
>>83132761

There was nothing wrong with New 52 Superman
>>
>>83132783
>New 52 Superman

Clearly there was, so much that they killed him off.
>>
>>83132783
Good joke
>>
>>83132244
We got a new Animal Man book. And it was a body horror comic as well. that was pretty neat. Also Aquaman got a pretty consistently good series.
>>
File: phantom stranger jae lee.jpg (60 KB, 736x1108) Image search: [Google]
phantom stranger jae lee.jpg
60 KB, 736x1108
>>83132244
Demon Knights
Dial H
most of Aquaman
Azz's Wonder Woman
Shazam
Capullo's work on Batman
There was a good Jane Doe story in Detective Comics
Manapul/Buccelato runs
Gotham Academy
Multiversity
We are Robin
the back ups in Endgame
Phantom Stranger (the non Didio ones)
some Convergence minis
Constantine Future's End one shot
Swamp Thing
Animal Man
Forever Evil
>>
>>83132842

That's some nice cherry picking
>>
I enjoyed Red Lanterns, Larfleeze, Wonder Woman, Court of Owls, and RHatO enough to buy the trades of them.
>>
>>83132876
You mean like when New 52 defenders spam that single panel of New 52 Superman playing with kids?

I've read all the so-called "quality" New 52 runs. Shit fucking sucks dude. So glad the real Superman is coming back.
>>
>>83132933

>So glad the real Superman is coming back.

It'll still be trash. Same people in charge. More or less.
>>
Snyder's/capullo's batman is what got me into comics
>>
>>83132933
But there is nothing wrong with any of New 52 Superman in terms of his characterization at any point.
>>
>>83132842
What is fucking wrong with ANY of that?
>>
>>83132497
the difference is that Marvel rarely ever shakes up their universe in large ways while DC had Flashpoint not too long ago and are still pushing out titles under the Nu52 logo. So when you push out even one more brand, you can't be surprised when people think it's probably something important as well.

Also there were large changes for Superman and Batman in DCYou
>>
>>83132706
>Doctor Fate is going to 18 issues
Say what?
>>
>>83132974
I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>83132244
So what's the next big DC thing? I just want DC to settle down so I know what I should be reading.
>>
>>83132946
>It'll still be trash. Same people in charge. More or less.

Nah man, it's already much better.

Pic related, best in-continuity Superman book since Roberson's half of Grounded.
>>
Snyder Capullo Bats

Justice League

Justice League 3000
>>
>>83133185
nothing, what do you think this is Marvel? It'll be a year at the least until we get another big event like this.
>>
Off topic, but does anybody have a link to a secret wars compilation, which includes the recent secret wars?
>>
File: All-Star_Western_Vol_3_34.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
All-Star_Western_Vol_3_34.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2951
>>83132244
- All Star Western
- Dial H

Pretty much it, really. Now to be fair, I don't really read superhero comics—pretty much stopped reading cape stuff back in the late-1990s—so I suppose it's a credit to DC that I even read a single New 52 title. I would have vastly preferred it if the pre-New 52 Jonah Hex title hadn't been "transformed" into All Star Western post-New 52, though... the superhero guest appearances in the latter almost got me to drop the series, and I'm still slightly peeved that DC took one of the few perfectly good contemporary westerns being published in North America and shoehorned capeshit into it.
>>
Is Snyder/Capullo the only creative team to stick it out for the entirety of New 52?
>>
>>83133327

Nu52 was met with the same optimism. And sales.

Give it a year or two.
>>
>>83132244
DCYou was just a line of titles though. It wasn't even an "era."
>>
>>83133710
I might be remembering things wrong but I seem to recall being really apprehensive about New 52 Superman.

If nothing else, I trust Dan Jurgens. The guy absolutely gets Superman.
>>
>>83132244
>Prez
>Swamp Thing
>Animal Man
>Grayson
>Omega Men
>Dial H
>All Star Western
>Demon Knights
>Azz's Wonder Woman
>Multiversity
>Red Lanterns
>Black Canary
>Midnighter
>We Are Robin
>Secret Six
>Batwoman
>Some people liked Blue Beetle
>>
>>83133757

There was, but when things started actually coming out, people were hyped and enjoyed them. Then the storylines set in.

People need to remember that comics aren't singular events, and quality can't be contained to a few particular issues a year. A storyline is something that must be carried over multiple issues. The new issues that just came out have their ups and downs already, but no matter if you love or hate them, we don't know just how this level of quality will translate down the road, and we don't know how committed the suits are to the things that they allow put down to paper the month before if it doesn't drive sales well enough.
>>
Books I liked from the N52:
Batman
Grayson
Some issues of Flash
Batman Eternal
We are Robin
Trinity War
Forever Evil
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.