[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this show still hold up? Batman: TAS still does IMO, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: X-Men_The_Animated_Series.png (298 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_The_Animated_Series.png
298 KB, 500x281
Does this show still hold up?

Batman: TAS still does IMO, but that's basically the gold standard of capeshit shows.
>>
>>83128960
Did you just come here from Honest Trailers?
>>
>>83128960
Ehh it kinda holds up, mostly if you're a kid thats never seen it. If you're an adult looking for some nostalgia you'll get some but thats about it. It just didn't age well
>>
>>83128960
It has ups and downs.
It tries to stay true to the then-current Jim Lee-era X-Men roster, but it tries (and does a decent enough job) of redoing classic Claremont X-Men storylines as faithfully as they possibly can, though their adherence to "no real violence can happen" kinda hurts Wolverine as a character.
Amusingly I thought he was lame all throughout my childhood because I noticed he was the least useful (he was only allowed to kill robots and they fought only a few) and then I read the comics and noticed he always got beat up first, so I kinda wondered why everyone thought he was such a big deal.
The animation has lots of "quality" moments that was common at the time for action cartoons.
Magneto is a villain in it, but only barely and it's actually other characters who mostly make up the roster of bad guys.

There were some pretty good one-liners in it though;
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8bmn6bjlw70
>>
>>83128960
All the 90s Marvel shows do a pretty good job of introducing most of the major story arcs for X-Men/Spider-Man etc although they dumb most of them down for kids/time, and writing/acting/animation wise definitely aren't on the same level as BTAS. A kid could definitely still enjoy the 90s cartoons and they're far better than most of the current Marvel cartoons but I don't think an adult could tolerate all that cheese for more than a few episodes.
>>
Are you unaware of my identity? I am often referred to as a massive inexorable force, you feminine cur.
>>
>>83128991
No, just drunk and thinking about 90s capeshit
>>
>>83128960
No, it's fucking shit. Fuck your childhood, faggot.
>>
>>83129181
Ah yeah. One of the rare times Apocalypse wasn't complete shit.
>>
>>83128960
Its gets pretty much all of its plotlines from Claremont's run so yeah I think so.

bit dated and your standard kids stuff "Destroy them!" laser guns only.
>>
File: Kevin_Sidney_(Earth-92131)_011.png (108 KB, 398x285) Image search: [Google]
Kevin_Sidney_(Earth-92131)_011.png
108 KB, 398x285
>>83128960
Morph was the best character.
>>
>>83128960
One thing I can tell you is that its theme is eternal
>>
File: 1448736016214.jpg (21 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1448736016214.jpg
21 KB, 400x388
>>83128960
I liked it.

Was surprising what they were able to get away with though.

The Anti-Mutant guys literally look like Nazis.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

90s X-men has more comic book elements
X-men Evolution is a more cohesive product
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.