[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gotham Season 2 ends with the aOwls being kind of teased
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Gotham_(serie_televisiva).png (816 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gotham_(serie_televisiva).png
816 KB, 1280x720
>Gotham Season 2 ends with the aOwls being kind of teased
>Flash season 2 ends with COIE and Flashpoint

Why is Gotham so ashamed of being a comic book show?
>>
Because the ratings continue to fall. They're doing really bad now.

>http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/gotham-season-two-ratings-38069/
>>
>>83127369
Didn't Gotham have a fire & ice battle between Mister Freeze and Firefly? I'd say it embraces the comics.
>>
>>83127369

Gotham just had fucking Hugo Strange attempt to blow apart his crazy ass mad science lab with a bomb hidden in the basement, Riddler attempting to kill Bruce and Lucius Fox via poison gas death trap, Clayface attempting to impersonate Gordon at the GCPD and a fight between Mr. Freeze and Firefly.

Fuck you, Gotham integrates its aspects from the comic books in a much more meaningful way than Flash, which just pulls shit out from a hat as it goes with zero foresight.
>>
>>83127534
>Flash, which just pulls shit out from a hat as it goes with zero foresight.
Speed Force, Flash ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>83127396
That's strange. Gotham keeps getting better smile Flash and Arrow are unwatchable.
>>
>>83127573
Even evil Jay Garrick?
>>
>>83127534
And that's just the last episode. Seriously, Gotham is pretty good if you can accept that it's a zeitgeist elseworlds bonanza.
>>
File: 891.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
891.png
42 KB, 625x626
It's unfair that the mod is allowed to start their own bait threads.
>>
>>83127869
The EPs behind AoS have stated the same problem happens to them like Gotham and Supergirl. Every time they do something more comic-book-based, the ratings dive a little more. The non-cb viewers don't "get" it and tune out.
>>
>>83128214
I wonder why. My parents even like Gotham to the point that they changed their Wi-Fi password to a Penguin reference.
>>
>>83127396
Good. Maybe this will keep people from making shitty ass procedurals
>>
>>83128730
>gotham
>procedural
>>
>>83127369
>Why is Gotham so ashamed of being a comic book show?
It's like you've never seen a villain show up and call themselves a silly name.

Gotham doesn't do time crises. Gotham is Gotham, it always is.

Flash has gay crisis on infinite earth shits.

Gotham has Legacy virus, Catacalysm and No Man's Land.
>>
>>83130578
Hey buddy, I'll have you know that in Flash villains have Cisco to quip their names at them.
>>
>>83127369
Gotham is a badly written show with a lot of problems, but the characters are likable as fuck.

Except for Fish, of course.
>>
File: I-disagree-with-you2.jpg (86 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
I-disagree-with-you2.jpg
86 KB, 500x275
>>83131650
>Gotham is a badly written show with a lot of problems
>>
Did anyone save the webm of Stranges glasses reflecting Freeze and Fireflys guns?
>>
>>83131747
It's true, though. /co/ loves it now because it's embraced its campiness instead of trying to balance both realistic drama and superhero cheese, but the plots are still uneven, the characters are inconsistent, and it just lacks any tension. The season finale didn't have any tension, despite the big-ass bomb about to explode.
>>
File: 1462848490610.webm (650 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1462848490610.webm
650 KB, 720x404
Gotham is great though, I liked Gotham's season 2 far more than Flash's season 2 even though both kind of had weak endings.
>>
>>83128413
"Honk"?
>>
>>83132899
"SandwichEatingMuderingSonOfABitch"
>>
>>83127369
>Flash doing COIE and Flashpoint
>in their second season

boy they really want to slap in every comic reference they can
>>
>>83132013
I wonder what other heavy weapons Butch is going to show up with. Laser cannon? Tank?
>>
>>83134689
>yfw butch gets a tank arm
>>
File: 1450589696171.webm (770 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450589696171.webm
770 KB, 1280x720
>>83134907
>yfw butch becomes a tank
>>
>>83128214
That really is weird. Like I remember Gotham getting shit on last year and when I randomly see it mentioned on other sites I see "season 2 is shit" or ",it was good before but after season 2 it went to shit and even strange couldn't save it". I think people hate these shows but just at the same time don't know what the fuck they want because when they try to change and become less of a cluster of episodes that have no real plotline or anything to care about people will start acting like it was better before. So the ratings are probably people not giving changes a chance.
>>
>>83132952
Nice.
>>
>>83135709
That's weird because from what I've seen there's a ton of people that adore the show. It seems really weirdly divisive; you either think it's the greatest thing ever or go into a frothing rage when you see it mentioned.
>>
>>83127369

Well it's Batman, the greatest refuge for "comic book fans" who are ashamed of comic books.
>>
I'd say it's more that the Court of Owls as a storyline kind of requires Bruce to be Batman. If they show up and get taken down by Gordon and the GCPD before Bruce ever dons the Cowl, what's the point of them? Even if there are surviving members to go on and antagonize him later they aren't very much of a secret society for him to discover.
>>
>>83127869
I wouldn't call flash unwatchable, between the shit writing and shit acting and the general shit piles, I can sit through flash as long as I can fast forward the fucking commercials. Arrow, though, now that's unwatchable.
>>
>>83135874
Well there is usually one of those show arguments so people love saying every single show is shit. When I told one of my friends a few weeks ago she said she heard it was good so there is some good buzz finally around it and not just the vocal negative drowning out.
>>
How do you think Gotham's gonna end? How old is Bruce's actor now?
>>
>>83136839
I think they've already said that they're doing the Smallville thing where the last shot of Gotham is the first shot of Batman.
>>
>>83127369
>people with literally owl masks talking
>kind of teased

What?
Also ashamed how? They incorporate a lot of things from the comics
>>
>>83136419
I think it's more interesting that it happens now, as a kid.
Because there's more of a dramatic and tension existing factor to it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.