[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So given the fact that we're in the age where happy goofy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: watchmen-niteowl-banner-big.jpg (2 MB, 2326x3601) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-niteowl-banner-big.jpg
2 MB, 2326x3601
So given the fact that we're in the age where happy goofy dumb superhero movies are all the rage...

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to make this movie now?
>>
>>83126229
wow it was almost like movie makers couldn't predict the future or something
>>
Yeah but only if it wasn't done by Hack Synder.
>>
It was NEVER a good idea to make the movie when they did. It doesn't make sense the adapt the big deconstruction of superheroes at a time when superhero movies were just taking off. Even when it seemed like superhero movies were all the rage then, it was nothing compared to now.

I think Watchmen will never get the adaptation it "should" have and we'll probably get some other movie that deconstructs superhero movies in particular.
>>
>>83126332
I get that, and it's unfortunate, but man.

If there was ever an appropriate time for a watchmen movie done proper it'd be now. Hell, it doesn't even need to be a different movie.the fact that they changed the ending and so many other arbitrary things from the book could be taken as a comment on how all these superhero movies have a habit of taking characters and leaving out the parts anyone liked from them for the sake of realism.
>>
>>83126470
Birdman kind of did it, but briefly
>>
>>83126571
Wait, I thought the only superhero thing about that was the meta commentary about the protagonist being a washed up superhero actor
>>
>>83126229
WB isn't that smart.
>>
Rewatched the Ultimate Cut a few nights ago, still pretty good with a couple of choices I didn't quite agree with.
>>
>>83126229
They never should have made it period. Too many characters, too much exposition needed to flesh out the setting, isn't fucking relevant in any way to superhero films. Go make your own original realistic superhero deconstruction movie Snyder.
>>
>>83126470
Word is they're trying to adapt it as an HBO show next, so I wouldn't give up hope too soon.
>>
>>83126470
It would also have helped to get a director that knows what deconstruction means.
>>
>>83126601
There's a scene towards the end of the film where it pretty much says that the public swallows any kind of superhero shit
>>
I worry that if we got it now it would be a Monkey's Paw type scenario.

True, it would do better at the box office, but considering how Batman V Superman fared with the critics and how disdainful people are of grimdark superheroes now, it would be utterly savaged by reviewers and normies who wouldn't "get it".

That's assuming if Snyder was still directing, though. I can't really think of any director who would be good for it if it was adapted as a movie.
>>
File: RCO001.jpg (384 KB, 1034x1600) Image search: [Google]
RCO001.jpg
384 KB, 1034x1600
>>83126229
Big deconstruction incoming http://deadline.com/2016/05/irredeemable-movie-adam-mckay-tommy-wirkola-boom-studios-fox-1201749508/
>>
sooo.. did /co hate this movie or something? i thought it was great and it is still my favorite comic book movie. i always thought /co liked it to. did i miss something?
>>
>>83126470
the 3.5 hour ultimate cut was p decent, imo.

Do have any predictions? I can't imagine the irredeemable movie will do this well despite wanting that movie to be good.
>>
>>83127764
>did /co/ hate this movie
Yes
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.