[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /co/ like ANAD Spidey? Have we gotten so used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: ASM2015016cov-15d59.jpg (386 KB, 900x1363) Image search: [Google]
ASM2015016cov-15d59.jpg
386 KB, 900x1363
Why doesn't /co/ like ANAD Spidey? Have we gotten so used to seeing life shit on Peter that we can't welcome a development in which things are finally going good for him?

>inb4 co isnt one person
>>
>>83112357
It's just not Spider-Man anymore, hasn't been for a long time now.
>>
>>83112357
Cool concept, poor execution. Just like everything Slott writes.
>>
>>83112357
Glowy chest now?
I'm behind the times, haven't read marvel since OMD.
>>
File: 1440919078345.jpg (413 KB, 1024x1603) Image search: [Google]
1440919078345.jpg
413 KB, 1024x1603
>>83112357
I like it OP, I also like superior. I just really really don't like OMD or anything with miles. Other than that I'm fine with all spiderman stories.....Well aside this one too i guess.
>>
It's not really Spider-man. It's Iron Man with an arachnid theme.

If I wanted Iron Man I'd read Iron Man.
>>
File: im black.jpg (247 KB, 648x1023) Image search: [Google]
im black.jpg
247 KB, 648x1023
>>83113690
Except Tony is an asshole while Peter is super cool.
>>
>>83112357
This cover is so damn good
>>
Because it's bad. I know it's a simply answer but it is. Just because good things are happening for Peter in the story doesn't mean it's not a bad story. I could write a story about Peter flying around the world in his private jet, getting blowjobs from supermodels and lighting cigars off of burning hundreds, but it wouldn't be good. And Dan Slott would sue me for plagiarism.
>>
>>83112357

This isnt't Spidey, it's a shitty low rent Iron Man story minus anything at all remotely interesting. It's some of the laziest, most asinine writing to come out of a Big 2 company. The Scorpio arc is so stupid and inane, it can make readers lose IQ points.

Anyone who likes this - well, enjoy your Slott rimming. That's exactly what this iis: a fat man's skid marks and dingleberries.
>>
Zodiac was 11 issues of a whole lot of nothing and now we have his boring villain from Renew Your Vows.
>>
I stopped reading because of Zodiac. These guys are always really fucking boring.
>>
>>83113835
You mean Shitt plagiarising the Master Planner arc? Yeah. Can't wait to see how Shitt will stink up this story, too.
>>
>>83112357

Because Slott is a hack
>>
>>83113755
Top kek!Where is this from?
>>
>>83113690
>>83113858
>Iron man
I see it as a different take on the billionaire businessman thing. That's basically the only thing he shares with Stark. He's renting tuxedos and buying affordable suits and trying to help literally everyone he can and I like that. I can't argue that it's poorly executed but when there's been +40 years of comics Peter struggling with rent and living in closets, even this crap is refreshing.

Not to mention that the inevitable eventual end to it will be Sins Past-tier of shitting on Peter and I can't wait to see the reactions.
>>
>>83114239
In the latest issue Slott basically seems to admit he's writing a low-rent Iron Man.

I think part of it is Slott fatigue, too. He's been on Spider-Man longer than any other writer, except for Bendis on Ultimate Peter & Miles. We need fresh blood, badly.
>>
>>83112357
So instead of being Spider-Man, Spider-Man is now Iron Man?
Meh.
>>
>>83112357
>Why doesn't /co/ like ANAD Spidey?

Because Slott's run has become "write-by-numbers" and each arc has almost the same formula.

There have been a lot of good ideas put to paper in his run. The problem is that they've all been put through the same predictable filter of mediocrity.
>>
Because Dan Slott is not a talented writer. This is what happens when you put someone in charge of scripting who only knows how to write plots.
>>
But ANAD Spidey is good.
ANAD Spider-Man, not so much.
>>
>>83114025
Slots She-Hulk I believe
>>
>>83112357
Well I can't speak for anyone else but I dropped it because the bad guys make too much use of their pre-cog and I don't find that appealing.
>>
>>83112357
>Why doesn't /co/ like ANAD Spidey?

There is no ANAD Spidey book. Slott is writing Iron Man-lite.
>>
>>83114239
>I see it as a different take on the billionaire businessman thing

You're objectively wrong. Slott just took Iron Man scripts, hit "search replace names" and turned it into Spider-Man.

Its fucking identical. Right down to having a black sidekick (Prowler = War Mashine).
>>
>>83116846
>In the latest issue Slott basically seems to admit he's writing a low-rent Iron Man.
He did that in the first issue of the series, too. It doesn't make it any less shitty. If anything, it makes it worse. It means that Slott is fully aware that his book sucks and that he's completely out of ideas.
>>
File: 1350264952461.png (235 KB, 1256x1075) Image search: [Google]
1350264952461.png
235 KB, 1256x1075
>>83112357
>caring about Spidey after OMD
>>
>>83112357
It's weird!
>>
>>83112357
I stopped caring about Spidey in comics after OMD happened and nothing I've heard about since has made me want to come back. And who cares if he's rich now? Give it another year or so and he'll be back to being a poor loser living with his aunt because change and character growth are evil.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.