[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a "Lapis is a cunt" episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
>It's a "Lapis is a cunt" episode
>>
>I hate Lapis because she's the only traditionally beautiful female on the show

We all know this is the real reason you think she's a "cunt". Just stop.
>>
>>83111853
(You)
>>
>>83111853
>she's the only traditionally beautiful female on the show

No she isn't...
>>
>>83111919
plainer than white bread
>>
>>83111853

In a show with a ton of legitimately interesting characters, let's put in the most boring, fanfic-tier character we can come up with, complete with her own wacky powerset!
>>
>>83111853
I would have liked her if she was more chill and didn't act like a PMSing emo teenager. What's wrong with not liking mean gems?
Jasper, Peridot, and Yellow Diamond all had a mission to specifically dislike the crystal gems and earth. Lapis acts like a cunt just to be a cunt.
>>
>>83111938
Literally wrong
>>
>>83111968
>boring
attractive
>fanfic tier
the attractive person did something in MY SHOW REEE
>wacky power set
The water based powers totally doesn't fit in with the bubbles, gigantic power gloves and floating genderfluid gay boys. I agree.
>>
>>83112079

All I'm getting from this is that you think she's attractive but can't think of any other interesting qualities.
>>
Every other gem gripped me within the first few minutes of being introduced. Peridot got out of that bubble and was IMMEDIATELY funny and interesting. Lapis is bland. She could look like anyone else and still be bland.
>>
>>83111853
>the only traditionally beautiful female on the show

But I hate it! Her gemstone is even in the most unobtrusive place, it's bullshit!
>>
>>83111429
i know enough has been said about this already, and this thread shouldn't really exist, but

i personally think they handled it well
lapis didn't want to make friends and showed it
and did so not in a strictly passive but also realistically proactive manner
that happened to include hostile (destruction of the tape recorder) and manipulative (pool guilt tripping) actions

one would think we are used to su-characters not being perfect by now
>>
>>83111968
Isn't she just like water bending Daria?
>>
>>83112252

Somehow every other character can be genuine and imperfect while still being entertaining. She seems out of place in that regard. I'm not excited to see her interactions with anyone or her take on anything. Hell, I'm more entertained by Sapphire, and that's only because Sapphire episodes are also Ruby episodes.
>>
File: 1460059761750.png (12 KB, 493x804) Image search: [Google]
1460059761750.png
12 KB, 493x804
>>83112054
Lapis acts the way she does because literally everyone around her who isn't Steven has given her incredibly good reason not to trust them.
>Crystal Gems kept her trapped in the mirror knowing what she was
>Homeworld treated her like garbage when she finally got back
>Jasper and Peridot kept her as a prisoner for their mission
>Spent the last several months trapped at the bottom of the ocean undergoing psychological torture to keep Steven safe
It'd be incredibly stupid if she was just goody goody friends with everyone the moment she got back, especially since her character has been desperately trying to get away from all of this bullshit since day one.
>>
File: Bobby_Lazuli.png (41 KB, 300x640) Image search: [Google]
Bobby_Lazuli.png
41 KB, 300x640
>>83111429
I want Lapis
>>
>>83112496

Weird how they can take such solid motivation and not add a hint of personality.
>>
>>83112496

This. We have seen before that Lapis can be a fun character. She is just in a shitty place right now. If you notice, she almost started having fun during the baseball game.

She is surrounded by people she hates on a planet she always wanted to leave, but now she can't think of a single place that would be better than here. And she spent the last half a year in fusion hell, the one thing that made her feel she had any control over her life, a plan which predictably blew up in her face.

It will be a while before she mellows out.
>>
>>83111429
So a Lapis episode?
>>
>>83111853
Thats not how you spell Pearl.
>>
>>83111919
Her hair is shaded in such an odd way.
>>
File: 1463931792424.gif (168 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1463931792424.gif
168 KB, 400x400
>There's people who don't like female Spike Spiegal
There's going to be a time where her outbursts die out, and all she'll have left is smooth, clean apathy.
>>
>>83112871
She has tons of personality. You the same kind of person who thought Garnet didn't have a personality? Like shit man characters are allowed to have subdued traits.
>>
>>83112054
she is chill, you're talking about pearl
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.