[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What purpose does she serve on the team?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: Daph.png (1 MB, 1024x1325) Image search: [Google]
Daph.png
1 MB, 1024x1325
What purpose does she serve on the team?
>>
File: Daphne workout.webm (2 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
Daphne workout.webm
2 MB, 856x482
She stumbles into clues.
>>
My waifu.
>>
>>83110267
She is there to try to trick you into thinking that Fred is straight. Daphne is the ultimate Trap.
>>
She really doesn't have one, other than the fact that she wants to go on adventures and solve mysteries. Not everybody has to be good at their job though.
>>
use of her slutty feet
>>
>>83110267
In some cases she's rich, so I figured she funded them
>>
>>83110858
Daphne's always rich, and also has a huge family. There are a bunch of examples of the gang visiting her aunts and uncles and cousins and then end up having a mystery to solve.
>>
Stop thinking of the characters through the lense of reality. The success of Scooby Doo has nothing to do with its 'realism'. It's a show about teenagers and their talking dog solving mysteries.

What's important to understand about Scooby Doo is that all the characters are archetypes.

Daphne is rich, tall, beautiful, stylish, physically weak but strong-minded and somewhat naive. Her red hair implies an fiery impetuosity. She looks like a model and has a doe-like feminine allure.She is beauty over brains. She serves several functions: 1. She unwittingly uncovers clues (as part of her slightly air-headed personality) 2. She stumbles into (or becomes the target of) bad guys and acts as a damsel in distress that moves the episode along. 3. She serves as a couple for Fred

Velma is a foil to Daphne. She is short, freckled, has dull hair and a boring haircut. She is wrapped in a roomy sweater that hides her body. Her large glasses show off her unparalleled analytical ability. She is perceptive and deductive. Modeled off of Sherlock Holmes to some degree with her magnifying glass. She is the brains of the group. She advances the plot by noticing & interpreting clues. She also rounds off the group so that the numbers of men to women are balanced. The natural couple to Shaggy.

Fred is the Man of Action. An all-american boy. Athletic, good posture, a broad chest, clean-cut. He is courageous and has a natural sense of right & wrong. The natural leader of the group. Always stands in front of the gang and drives the van. He makes the plans. He builds the traps. He tells the other members of the gang what to do.

I'm getting bored of typing these, but you get the point. Scooby Doo works because all the characters fill these archetypal roles that resonate with audiences. If you don't like Fred, you'll probably like Velma or Shaggy etc... The character design for Scooby Doo are fantastic and intuitively understood.
>>
File: Bitches love Shaggy Rogers.jpg (423 KB, 1912x1072) Image search: [Google]
Bitches love Shaggy Rogers.jpg
423 KB, 1912x1072
>>83111491
And Shaggy is a bro that gets all the ladies.
>>
>>83110858
That's always been my assumption. You can't feed and shelter four effectively unemployed young adults and a bigass dog without some real cash.
>>
File: Shaggy and Madelyn.webm (1 MB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy and Madelyn.webm
1 MB, 856x482
>>83111590
>>
The team
Fred is the leader
Velma is the brain
Shaggy is the worker
Scooby is for safety
Daphne is The student there because she likes it for some reason
>>
>>83110858
Shaggy and Daphne are both rich.

Fred is poor.

Velma is middle class.
>>
>>83110858
Shaggy is also from a rich family.
>>
>>83110267
Company representative and spokesperson.
>>
>>83113103
>>83113115
i thought Scooby was the rich one and Shaggy just mooched off him
>>
>>83113197
Shaggy/Norville is usually rich as fuck with some versions being the exception. Scooby has been too but not as often.
>>
File: CSA money.jpg (914 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
CSA money.jpg
914 KB, 1440x1080
>>83113197
Well Scoob does have a million dollars in Confederate scrip.
>>
>>83110267

Is this a Miravi?
>>
>>83111448
she also has 4 sisters that are like military, doctors, and race car drivers
>>
>>83110267

lewdness
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.