[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't this show have as many episodes and viewers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Why doesn't this show have as many episodes and viewers as Teen Titans Go?
>>
>>83108542
because nobody remembers DBZ and nobody finds it funny.
>>
>Why doesn't this show have as many episodes
TTG Go can be shit out with no effort, Gumball actually takes effort to make.
>>
>>83108592
Everyone and their mother knows DBZ. They put lots of easter eggs in there show that even the youngest of viewers will know
>>
>>83108592
>http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/os-ld-dragon-ball-z-restaurant-orlando-20160520-column.html
>>
Gumball is good and we are bad
It's just not meant to be
>>
>>83109288
>tfw live in Orlando and didn't know this exists
Of all the places, why here?
>>
Because it's not cheap as dirt to animate, and it has better writers so I assume the writers are paid more.
>>
>>83108592
>because nobody remembers DBZ and nobody finds it funny.
You mean the series that is on Toonami right now and currently had a new game announced just like a week ago with like 10 games in the last 12 yes?
>>
>>83108542
When it comes to episodes, Gumball has less episodes than TTG because the former is animated in a mixed media format that takes longer to fully coordinate and thus make than other shows while the later is made in a matter that is similar to an assembly line (quick and cheap without any bloat).

When it comes to viewers, I hypothesize that TTG initially gained more viewers than Gumball for two reasons. Firstly, starting with season two, TTG permiered at a 6pm eastern/5pm central time slot that served as the lead in program for all of the other New Thursday programs while Gumball initially permiered right after TTG and later was moved to 7pm eastern/6pm central. Secondly, TTG's humor, while not funny in my beliefs, is designed to be as deliberately as quotable and silly as possible (two things kids love when it comes to humor). Gumball's humor, on the other hand is much more dialogue based, witty and overall much more adult than TTG which while it can be successful with kids, won't be as successful as TTG's brand of humor with the target audience. Later on though, TTG's success came mostly due to the spamming of its episodes on CN and even then, it's much less successful than it once was.
>>
>>83110759
Obviously he's wrong about no one remembering DBZ, but being on toonami now isn't really a big deal. It's a Saturday night block when most normies are either out partying or sleeping.
>>
I feel like Gumball's fanbase gets smaller each season, and I can't blame fans for leaving.
>>
>>83108542
It's too hard to follow for ttg fans. They can't get into it.
>>
>>83111353
> the former is animated in a mixed media format that takes longer to fully coordinate
Isn't it produced with like 3 studios one in cali for the irl setting, then in Euro CN and some studio in Germany?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.