[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Image thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1200x929) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1200x929
Can we get a thread going for Image? What's your favorite ongoing? What do you think are some of the best titles they've published? What are you currently reading from them?

I just started in on Tokyo Ghost, I'm on issue 4 and I gotta say the commentary is on fucking point and the art and action are pretty amazing.
>>
>>83105789
>tokyo ghost
>ongoing
heh
>>
>>83105886
It will end with #10.
>>
>>83105886
What? You do release it is still ongoing right? A new issue comes out tomorrow.
>>
>>83105912
it ends at #10 friendo

and thank god too. remender is writing too many books right now and it fucking shows. the only one still decent month to month is deadly class
>>
>>83105944
No way dude. Tokyo Ghost was a jem and had some amazing social commentary. He should have cancelled another book. Pleb masses gonna pleb I guess.
>>
>>83105996
it's not canceled he said it was 10 issues months ago
>>
>>83105789
I like Low better.
>>
>>83105996
>amazing social commentary
I'll bite. It's the same hackneyed "we're too connected to technology shit and it's like drug addiction" bullshit that scores of fiction writers and thinkpiece churners have already spun out over the years, and while it's not a disagreeable idea, there's hardly anything amazing or original about it
>>
>>83106033
Where am I gonna get my cyber punk/cowboy bebop fix now?
>>
>>83105944
>spoiler
Low is also ending, so three Remender books will be kill this year, to give room for Seven to Eternity.
>>
>>83106067
The way he went about it was pretty original with the samuri overtones and while it may have been done in other media there are very few comics about the subject. Not to mention the human aspects of it are touching and relatable if youve ever been in a toxic relationship.
>>
>>83105944
>>83105996
>>83106067
God that book suffered from maximum overexposition. LIKE CHRIST Remender, I'm already drowning in hobo piss, why you gotta beat me over the head with walls of text.
>>
>>83106105
I agree on the samurai stuff that was pretty fuckin cool. I think remender is hit and miss and I mostly read this for murphy's pretty pictures. It's a shame how much remender is the one who gets talked about the most when his artists do like 75% of the heavy lifting in making the books enjoyable
>>
Currently reading Birthright, which is pretty neat. The art is probably the biggest draw, but Williamson's writing isn't half bad, either.
>>
Favorite ongoings:
East of West
Deadly Class
Island if that counts
Injection
Wayward (its weebshit the comic and I love it. reminds me of how I grew up on manga first)
Wolf by Ales Kot is actually pretty good. It tones down the pretension of things like Material and later Zero but still keeps some of it, and I like the story so far
>>
>>83106217
Williamson is the most tv pitch writer at image. I'm hoping he does good on flash because honestly his image books read like they're trying to be hannibal or breaking bad but only average
>>
Anybody else excited for the new Brubaker/Phillips book? No one ever seems to talk about these two on /co/.
>>
>>83106308
it's because they do the same story every time, just with different settings
>>
>>83106258
Maybe I'll finally try Wolf. I used to like Kot.
>>
File: Poyo.jpg (245 KB, 585x900) Image search: [Google]
Poyo.jpg
245 KB, 585x900
This comic right here
>>
>>83106258
I just wish ales kot could get a decent artist.

the later half of zero was mainly UGH.
>>
>>83106339
I've been following kot since like wild children dropped. He's not bad, and I'm not against using a medium to push your political ideas, but goddamn he's put out some annoyingly bad comics, namely Material. It didn't really tell much of a story or have characters so much as it was platform to drop ideas. It obviously should have been published as like a book of philosophy or a thinkpiece or something.

I still contest his best work is those 4 issues of suicide squad he did
>>
>>83106166
I definitely love the art but I think Remender is a pretty talented writer too. Issue 2 had some pretty great dialogue about humanity and its longing for nature that we substitute with artifical media like nature shows.
>>
>>83105789
Tradewaiting for the final part. In addition to that, there is more than one other Image title on my tradewaiting list.

For floppies, a certain title that will launch this August.
>>
>>83106612
is it black monday murders? cuz that shit sounds baller as all fuck
>>
>>83105789
Hows Earth War been?
>>
The Humans is my favorite Image ongoing

Also reading
Mirror
Arclight
Kiem
From Under Mountains
Island
Pretty Deadly
>>
>>83109004
8house huh. Does Mirror make any more sense in the context of those other books?
>>
>>83109004
what do you think of from under mountains? I find it to be pretty bad
>>
>>83109163
Not really, there is little to no interaction between Houses so far except in Kiem they mention fighting the blood mages from Arclight
>>
>>83109217
It's not my favorite of the various 8House stuff, but I like it
>>
>>83105789
I've dropped so many Image books. They all start strong with unique premises, but then they just lose their direction and you have a dozen issues go by where NOTHING of import happens. Saga did this, Descender did this, Autumnlands did this. I bought the first trade of East of West a long time ago but haven't read it because I fear the same thing will happen.

I suppose it's just comics in general. Very few monthly titles are able to keep up their momentum.
>>
>>83109377
I would like more limited series, things that have an ending planned out instead of a comic that the creative team just wants to turn into an indefinite ongoing. I like that Tokyo Ghoul is only 10 issues or that Big Man Plans was a 4 issue mini
>>
>>83109460
I wanted to like Tokyo Spook, but the first issue turned me off so hard, despite Murphy's fucking gorgeous art. Every character was just the most one-dimensional archetype that I feel like I'd seen somewhere else before, and the heavy handed "technology at the cost of humanity" message just have me rolling my eyes. I think Prez did it better anyway, and it's only half done.
>>
File: Motorcrush-promo-2f09c.jpg (228 KB, 1200x776) Image search: [Google]
Motorcrush-promo-2f09c.jpg
228 KB, 1200x776
I really like that Image+ magazine. it's successful.

Island is GOAT. I'm waiting for collections for 8house.

I was gonna start Tokyo Ghost but when I read it was only 10 issues I figured I'd wait for it to be done.

I get Pretty Deadly, Sex Criminals, and Deadly Class in trades and love them all.

There's a bunch of stuff from image expo coming out that I hope is good coming.
>>
>>83109640
Tbqh the first issue lays the satire on prettty heavy but it definitely lets up by issue 3.
>>
>>83105789
What a waste of good art. The writing is awful and the dialogue is obnoxious.
>>
>>83110545
See >>83110457
I bet you didnt read past the 1st issue. Its a very tongue in cheek satire on what the future could have in store.
>>
Injection is awesome. Takes a few issues to come together but well worth it.

Paper Girls is fun so far.
>>
>>83109377
I like the luther strode publication method
if the first mini ended it'd be a complete story
and now it's ending with the third one
>>
Comixology announced a "netflix for comics" at 6 bucks w Image and others today but, seems too good to be true.. ?

I love me some floppies, but If i can read all Image releases for that price, i'm down
>>
>>83111381
Eh I hate reading on sites. Its gotta be a two page spread if its online, I cant even do storytimes usually. Id rather just torrent.
>>
>>83111412
It's pretty convenient w a nice big hi-res 'phone' for me at least, not ideal though but if I can read 20ish books for the price of 2 floppies a month, not bad
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.