[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what did you guys think about it? at first I was unease,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: preacher.jpg (118 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
preacher.jpg
118 KB, 1920x1080
so
what did you guys think about it?

at first I was unease, cassidy and tulip hasn't that good, her at most, he at least made me laugh a bit, but the glasses not beeing a thing kind sucks, not to mention the whole "cult" following him was bad
arseface was kind okay, I guess

cons: father was a preacher, arseface father not beeing more crazy and accepting him

pros: cute momma was neat, and got a little glimpse of the Quincannon, looked good

I will keep watching, who knows maybe it turns out good
so what about the rest of /co/?
>>
>>83105593

Its really hard for an actor to convey emotions with glasses,and i like Joseph Gilgun's acting more then Cassidy.
Yeah,tulip is kinda shit,but who knows what's going to happen.
7/10 imo,worth to watch at least the pilot
>>
>>83105735
cassidy was good, I agree, it's just the eyes was a interesting point whatsoever, so who knows
I agree with you, I want to know where this will end
>>
>>83105593
Good so far, it's too early to tell. The story hasn't even really gotten rolling yet.
>>
ruh roh

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/amcs-preacher-debuts-to-modest-ratings

>Last Sunday evening, "Preacher" debuted on AMC to modest ratings. Deadline reports the premiere pulled in 2.4 million total viewers with 1.1m in the key 18-49 demographic.

>In comparison to the network's debut of "Into The Badlands," which scored 6.39m viewers in the same time slot in November, "Preacher" got off to a soft start. The premiere faced some heavy competition in its time slot, as it aired during the Billboard Music Awards and the NBA and NHL playoffs as well as a new episode of "Game of Thrones."

>Nevertheless, "Preacher" was the second-best scripted series debut of 2016 with its 0.9 key demo results; it falls just behind FX's "The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story" premiere.
>>
I'm gonna stick it out for a few episodes but I wont lie: Kinda bummed out the church didn't explode killing everybody like in the comics.
>>
Better than expected. Cassidy was the highlight, Tulip was the low, and Tom Cruise exploded.
>>
>>83106892
same
till the end of the episode I was hopping for it
>>
>>83106873

They should have either aired it on a different timeslot than GoT or atleast waited till GoT season had ended
>>
>>83106892

That will probably be the season finale
>>
>>83108047
>That will probably be the season finale
Then what the fuck would the season even be about?
Seriously asking, I kinda try to pretend this thing does not exist
>>
I liked that they succeeded with giving everybody sameface.

Even Sheriff looked like he could be drawn by Dillon.
>>
>open your eart
Replaced
>go fuck yourself
And that tells a lot. I have the same feeling for the hellblazer show, not absolutely shitty but too far from the source material to please the fan but still too close to please normies.
It'll be cancelled at the end of the first season
>>
>>83105593
I liked it.
I can see I disagree with most here when I say I found Ruth Negga's Tulip to be absolutely delightful - that woman can act. All of them can of course, very well too.

My only gripe is the tempo, this decompression that has made comics a slow thing, seems to have bled into TV as well.
Probably be good for binge watching somewhere down the line.
>>
File: file.png (233 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
file.png
233 KB, 400x250
>This didn't happen
Sad desu
>>
The action scenes were fucking awful. Speeded up fights, wtf? Also, the editing is horrible, I know people bitched about it in BvS but holy shit, this was jumping all over the place.

The pacing was also pretty horrible, took over half an hour for anything to happen. It was an awful pilot, but on the plus side the cast was pretty okay. I don't really mind them sticking around the town instead of immediately going on a road trip, but the writing is so shoddy I'm not sure they have any decent material that makes it worth it.
>>
>>83112771
it's not that I didn't like the actress, she is fine for me, what she did and what happened was so stupid that I couldn't let go
and the fact she is that different from the comics maybe come to me as a bad thing, bu maybe it would work out for better, dunno
>>
File: arseface.jpg (36 KB, 450x321) Image search: [Google]
arseface.jpg
36 KB, 450x321
>>
>>83114482
already?
really?
>>
It was ok, liked some bits. They're doing something else with the basic characters and ideas, so I can go along with that.
>>
>>83114906
Im more suprised that there wasnt one already.
>>
Looks like cassidy is going to be the star here. I hated the preacher father thing.i hated how genesis got to him when he was alone and hello he is supposed to have a weird voice and red eyes when he uses the word
>>
>>83115879
Also did anyone else spot arsefaces teeth behind the makeup werent all his teeth blown away
>>
>>83115927
I noticed
I guess he shouldn't have some teeth, but not all of them was lost
this is makeup that is shit, the real problem for me is the pretty hair
he shot his face, and have a amazingly nice hair, how come?
>>
Pissed about Cassidy not wearing sunglasses all the time
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.