[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that DC has decided to absolutely murder itself for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: New-DC-Logo_Blue.jpg (69 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
New-DC-Logo_Blue.jpg
69 KB, 1000x647
So now that DC has decided to absolutely murder itself for the next five years, I need some new comics to follow.

Any recs?
Ideally non-marvel, just not for me desu.
>>
>>83104022
I did not type desu.
>>
>>83104050
>I did not type desu
This will never not be funny, thanks Hiroshimoot
>>
>>83104022
The Vision, doesn't feel like Marvel at all trust me
>>
>>83104134
Are we talking the current run?
>>
>>83104022
That's exactly the opposite of what happened, are you retarded?
>>
>>83104050
LOL
O
L
>>
>>83104199
yes, the one about his family
>>
>>83104245
>>83104267
Not here to argue. Though folding Dr Manhattan into the current universe and creating the bullshit that they seem to be about to spout is shit. Johns is a hack.

>>83104287
I've read some pretty good things about that actually. Do I need any background on anything beyond common sense vision knowledge?
>>
>lets introduce dr manhattan to our comics
>the character no normies care about
>that will bring in more readers!
meanwhile, DC currently has 5 Harley Quinn titles up because HQ and Batman are the only thing that sell
>>
>>83104356
>Do I need any background on anything beyond common sense vision knowledge?
It helps but they go over his previous relationships/history pretty well
>>
>>83104356
>Vision is asinthetic robot,
>he was married to the Scarlet witch, but it went horrible
>his brain was whiped clean after a lot of shit went on and is almost back to 0
>all the characters that show up can be trated as their first debut ever since it's well written
that's it, thats all you need
>>
>>83104415
To be fair, the main runs of both of those are fairly enjoyable atm
>>83104444
Cool, is the trade for that out yet, or?
>>
>>83104543
Vol. 1 is out, Vol. 2 coes out in November
>>
>>83104022
Someone storytimed East of West a few weekends ago and it's now on my list.

And G.I. Joe Vs. Transformers is like an acid trip of eighties nostalgia.
>>
>>83105282
>Someone storytimed East of West a few weekends ago
Actually by two anons; the second anon finished where the first anon left off.
>>
>>83104022
Read Silver Age DC.
>>
>>83104022
Ultimates, Ms Marvel, Karnak and Vision

I know you said no Marvel, but I think Marvel's B-list titles are really hitting all the right notes at the moment and they are what the big two really need.
>>
>>83105594
>Vision
I'll second this. It's like Children of the Corn meets the Brady Bunch.
>>
File: people-prefer-funny-glasses-18.jpg (56 KB, 590x413) Image search: [Google]
people-prefer-funny-glasses-18.jpg
56 KB, 590x413
Wally says there’s a war coming with this mysterious being, and back in the Batcave we watch as Batman starts to piece together some clues. Batman sees something shiny in a deep pit inside the Batcave, so he descends to chisel it out of the rock. He pulls out the yellow smiley-face button of the Comedian, complete with a splat of blood. Barry says, “I can feel it. Even now, Barry, we’re being watched.” The story ends.
>>
>>83104022
I love how somehow you think THIS reboot is the most SPECIAL reboot of all just because you happen to have active knowledge of it for once.
Grow the fuck up dude.
You aren't special. You're retreading ground that is over thirty years old in comics at this point she you just deluded yourself into thinking that it couldn't happen to your generation of readers.
>>
>>83105989
"She you" haha oh wow, you literally have to imagine OP is a woman before you can start typing out your hateful crap! Fingers quake at the keyboard imagining it was a man? Pathetic.
>>
>>83106084
Actually that was an error.
On my phone and it has spellcheck on for when I'm drunk; I typed in S on accident and it assumed I meant "she" I guess.

On the other hand, I actually WAS making an assumption about identity; that OP is below the age of 25, male, and likely jumped onto reading DC when the nu52 was launched the very first time. Perhaps that's unkind of me but anyone reading comics since before Final Crisis or Infinite Crisis would be used to this shit already and not throw a hissy fit over it, so I assume it's some guy who though that Flashpoint was somehow the reboot to end all reboots.
>>
>>83104356
just dont read Rebirth, all the series themselves seem fine.

>judging a whole company on literally a single issue

boo hoo
>>
>>83104543
>snyder batman
>enjoyable
It's not bad, but it's bland as fuck and it feels like he's just going through the motions post Endgame (which obviously was supposed to be his last arc, hence the name and big status quo shift, Endgame was absolute shit though.)
>>
>>83104022

>I'm too good for the Big 2
>p-p-please sp-spoonfeed me
>>
>>83104022
Low
Descender
East of West
James Bond
Injection
Black Panther
Ultimates
>>
>>83106084
He called him dude you whiteknight faggot
>>
>>83104022

Chew from image comics
>>
>>83106549
>that feel when it's ending soon

Time flies.
>>
>>83106549
chew's about to end mate, might as well recommend The Invisibles
>>
>>83106187
You think you can mansplain to me? Think. Again.
Get your fat white ass out of this thread and don't come back, hey and while you're at it, leave 4chan.org right now. This isn't a place for people like you anymore.
>>
File: Pitou_cries.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pitou_cries.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>83106588
>>83106582

Stop reminding me

I know it's coming

But at least OP can read it and hopefully finish it with us
>>
>>83105989
My issue with this is actually the whole watchmen/Doc Manhattan as a villain.

I usually enjoy reboots in comics otherwise.

>>83106084
>>83106187
For what it's worth I am actually a woman.
My dad got me into comics as a kid if it's at all relevant, so I'm fairly well versed on old reboots.

L
Reboots are fine. This doc Manhattan thing is retarded.
>>
>>83104022
What did DC do? How did they murder themselves this time?
>>
>>83104022
But they already did it five years ago. It was called The New 52.
>>
>>83105989
What if I thought the reboot was a good idea but it was atrociously executed? It was a half assed attempt with a very ugly neo-90s style. It looked like something that came out of Heroes Reborn. All those ugly lines and edgy redesigns, ugh.

Not to talk about how little sense this new continuity made. They didn't pull the plug completely, the whole thing could have been truly great but instead just had awful editorial management.
>>
>>83107677
>My issue with this is actually the whole watchmen/Doc Manhattan as a villain.

Oh. Well then I share your annoyance but I guess I'm just too tired to care anymore.
I just ignore the dumb shit and read the good shit.

>For what it's worth I am actually a woman. My dad got me into comics as a kid if it's at all relevant, so I'm fairly well versed on old reboots.

Same, actually.
On the dad thing, not the woman thing. Lots of old issues of New Teen Titans.
>>83108063
I agree on pretty much all points, but I guess I'm just so burnt out on being mad at DC and Marvel for being nothing then other exactly what they are that I can't bring myself to care anymore.
If I had my way the dumb shit that they did would just be ignored like it rightfully deserves to be and not given more attention then it actually deserves.

I don't pay much attention to fallen dog turds either, I just step over them and keep walking.
>>
>>83104022
You're a baby
>>
Just read the books that sound good and ignore the other shit you fucking autistic
Also are you not gonna read young animal?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.