[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did DC just end JH Williams run on Batwoman when he just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: BatWoman_by_Bruce_Timm.jpg (121 KB, 456x576) Image search: [Google]
BatWoman_by_Bruce_Timm.jpg
121 KB, 456x576
Why did DC just end JH Williams run on Batwoman when he just had two issues left anyways? Why not just move those issues to an annual instead of canning them? I'm kinda confused as to the reasons for this.

Sorry, just got around to catching up on this got to the last issue of his run.
>>
The content of those two issues was the problem, the marriage. Also whoever the editor was for the Batman line back then sucked big time.
>>
>>83096262
He quit.
>>
>>83096262
They finally realized she was a mistake made of pandering and trying hard to play the "Batwoman has no ties to Batman! Original hero right here!" card
>>
>>83096421
Was there ever an outline of what happened?

Total blueballs, their last issue is literally the biggest cliffhanger ever.
>>
>>83096262
I'm guessing "don't go public blaming and trying to play chicken with Editorial before your last issue is actually run" has something to do with it.
>>
>>83096471
kill yourself
>>
Well this is upsetting

So uhhh. post Batwoman ITT?
>>
>>83096643
Why? Because I speak the truth?
I am sorry if you are mad that you redhead lesbian is nothing more than cheap pandering and trying to abuse the name of a popoular superhero.

She is no better than female Thor.
>>
>>83096471
I don't remember that card being played.
>>
>>83096486
She was supposed to marry Maggie Sawyer, and they were gonna go into Killer Croc's new origin, among a few other things. Editorial kept telling them they had to change shit, cut the Killer Croc storyline, and that the marriage couldn't happen under any circumstances.

The marriage thing was especially bad timing, since DC had Orson Scott Card coming onboard to write something around then. Card's pretty notorious for his opinions on homosexuality and gay marriage, so a lot of accusations were thrown at DC that they killed the story to appease him.
>>
>>83098967
Man fucking card
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.