[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong? also general Alice in Wonderland thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1463981164980.jpg (379 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463981164980.jpg
379 KB, 667x1000
this movie had everything going for it
>Tim Burton...a relatively talented and imaginative director behind the camera
>A talented cast...both on screen and voice actors
>Based on one of the greatest children's book and one of the best Disney animated movies ever
>Huge budget and the power of Disney behind the movie

So where did it all go wrong? Should it have more closely adapted the actual story (like the recent Cinderella and Jungle Book adaptions) instead of adding prophecies and other subplots? Should they have limited the Hatter's role?

Any good Alice in Wonderland comics?
>>
>>83095337
no ewok song at the end would have been nice
>>
File: 1462222428607.png (180 KB, 425x633) Image search: [Google]
1462222428607.png
180 KB, 425x633
>>83095421
yeah that scene was pretty awful. The Hatter in general was pretty unwatchable.

Is it really so hard for them to do a 1:1 adaption of the book or cartoon? Id love to see something like pic related happen - just a modern take true to the source and something thats not 95% green screen.
>>
File: Untitled.png (470 KB, 764x495) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
470 KB, 764x495
also a Peter Pan/Alice in Wonderland crossover is happening. So thats something...
>>
>>83095337
I saw this in theaters and all I can remember is some ebin battle scene that felt forced and trite even to teenaged me, and that fucking horrible dance that ended it.

Might've been the most disgusted I've ever felt leaving a theater.
>>
>>83096079
Jesus. What are the chances of THAT being good?
>>
I admire that everything is stylized. Clearly someone had a very clear vision and was very happy with the art direction they'd created.
But it still makes me sick.

Everything in the first film, humans included, looked so unappealing I genuinely couldn't focus on the plot. The second does not seem to have changed things.
I'm not sure specifically who to blame, but I have always found this hard to watch.

Even the Cheshire Cat and the Card Guards, who had very solid conceptual designs, turned me off.
>>
>>83096054
Is pic related a thing?
>>
>>83095337
basically I think everyone and everything involved was completely up its own ass
it was like AWW YEAH no restrictions this time, people GET US! Those fringe audiences we used to have to fight hard to get movies made for, having to compromise to make things appealing for a larger audience.. now the fringe IS a large audience! Let's go be as weird and pretentious as we always wanted!

which is great
except they forgot to be good and have fun and have a real story.
then it just kept happening
>>
>>83095337
>Should they have limited the Hatter's role?
Yes. We don't need to learn about his background or anything like that. Can't believe they gave us a Mad Hatter flashback.
>>
>>83095337
The story was crap... also hated the mad hatter portrayal and some other designs , the whole movie just felt of and shallow
>>
I only ever remember the act of actually going to see this movie in theaters. I remember absolutely none of it.
>>
For one it would have helped if it actually adaptded Alice in Wonderland rather than turning it into a Chronicles of Narnia movie in all but name.
>>
>>83096079
Wasn't Peter Pan considered irredeemable and never brought up again?
>>
>>83095337
The hatter redesign was ugly as fuck for one.

Actually the whole movie was pretty fucking ugly. Should have gone for a darker approach like american mcgee
>>
>>83095337
And to think that marveldrones said that alice would be a competition for X-Men

Meanwhile, Angry Birds cucked civil war
>>
"Reimagining" Alice in Wonderland is a sure sign of creative bankruptcy and complete worthlesness of the people involved in the sordid ordeal.

It is the equivalent of shitting on Carrol's grave.

Furthermore, every "reimagining" of classic literature, fairy tales and so on is inherently done to subvert the originals with liberal propaganda and poison the well.
>>
>>83095337
Better question: What went right? That might be a shorter list.
>>
>>83099561
The first movie made over a billion
>>
>>83099772
and?
>>
>>83095337
>what went wrong?

Something went wrong? It's literally one of the highest grossing movies of all time.
>>
>>83099659
Jan Svankmaiers version of Alice in Wonderland was both creative and apolitical.
>>
>>83095337
Disney didn't have to waste their time doing a shitty live action version. It's better than The Last Airbender though.
>>
>>83095337
Disney brought this out to die so they can make a non-Burton version with young Alice
>>
>>83095337
>what went wrong?
Not enough lolies and/or bloomers
>>
>>83097105
I remember that this is the only 3d movie where everything looked like a fucking cutout to me. I've heard people complain about it with other movies, but this is the only one where I've personally experienced it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.