[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who should play Kang in his inevitable MCU appearance?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: shiiiet.jpg (33 KB, 630x394) Image search: [Google]
shiiiet.jpg
33 KB, 630x394
My vote's for Idris Elba.

>skin looks dark in his suit anyway
>perpetuates the career of our blackest meme actor
>Kang actually went back in time and made himself a pharaoh
>all those threads
>they all start with WE
>>
Fox has the rights to him, so Kang's never showing up in the MCU.
>>
>>83086341
>My vote's for Idris Elba.
He's already in these movies, as a character he's been in two Thor films already, get someone new.
>>
Pretty sure Fox has the rights to Kang. He's Reed Richard's dad, Nathaniel Richards.

Confirmed. James Gunn wanted to use him, but Fox has the rights.
>>
>>83086424
It's such a shame too, He would be great in any other role, but they cast him as a background character
>>
>>83086371
Actually I think it may be Universal, but regardless he's off limits. What if we get Cranston?
>>
>>83086371
If Marvel can stir shit about Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, they can probably get Kang too, after all, he first appeared as Rama-Tut in FF, sure, but as Kang it was first on Avengers.

Man, Kang would be a great final boss after the Thanos arc concludes.
>>
>>83086460
>He's Reed Richard's dad, Nathaniel Richards.
He's not, he just has the same name because he might be a descendent.
>>
>>83086467
>background character
You can't differentiate between supporting cast, and background characters can you?
>>
>>83086467

He's definitely mad he jumped the gun on joining the MCU. He would have loved being or being in Black Panther. It's also probably too late for him to be John Stewart either.

He was also in that crappy Ghost Rider sequel so I'm pretty sure he really likes these types of films.
>>
File: file.png (965 KB, 612x900) Image search: [Google]
file.png
965 KB, 612x900
>>83086341
He's already Heimdall.
>>
>>83086489
>>83086509
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/29/guardians-of-the-galaxy-director-clarifies-who-owns-kang-and-the/

>Shi'ar and Kang are both owned by Fox.
>>
File: groot wtf is this shit.png (419 KB, 605x715) Image search: [Google]
groot wtf is this shit.png
419 KB, 605x715
>>83086341
>Kang in his inevitable MCU appearance?

How is it inevitable if it literally can't happen?
>>
>>83086567
This you stupid fuck OP. Im so sick of idiots having a though then making a thread about it before they do any research.
>>
>>83086567
Well, that sucks. Thanks, Fox.
>>
>>83086519
Kang the conquer is actually Doom

It went down like this.
Doom: "you are so smart Kang the conquer there can only be one explanation, YOU ARE ME FROM THE FUTURE
Kang: "I agree, someone like you could only be this smart if you where in fact me!"
>>
>>83086616
I don't even read comics, I just want to spout memes and shitpost anonymously.
>>
WE
>>
>>83086567
Ah my mistake. I remember when Marvel wanted to pay big bucks for just FF villains. Hopefully they can get FF back, would be great for phase 4.
>>
WUZ
>>
>>83086535
He's barely a supporting character
>>
>>83086509

Annihilus would be much better.

Or the High Evolutionary.

Sadly, other than Thanos, Marvel's best villains are in the hands of Fox (Magneto, Apocalypse, Doom, Kang, Galactus).
>>
Holy fuck, have black people seriously become a meme?
>>
>>83086371
>Fox has the rights to him
Fox is so fucked right now with super hero movies that they are talking to Marvel about what to do, at the least they are giving up the F4 rights. at the most it's going into a shared universe
>>
>>83086845

Casting black guys for white characters, yeah. Nick Fury, the Human Torch, Heimdall (you don't get whiter than the Norse).

Hell, people want Idris Elba to be the new James Bond.

So, it is only a matter of time before all roles formerly played by white males will be filled by Idris Elba. I'm amazed some SJW hasn't recommended him as the next Doctor.
>>
>>83086845
They did it themselves. With the advent of Twitter, every ghetto resident was given a voice and made themselves heard. Now the rest of the world knows they're walking jokes.
>>
>>83087051
>you don't get whiter than the Norse
except Asgard has always been multicultural and not exclusively Norse. Hogun is a mongol
>>
File: actually, anon....jpg (297 KB, 1076x782) Image search: [Google]
actually, anon....jpg
297 KB, 1076x782
>>83087051
>>
>>83087232
Sigh. Wish Matt was talking to the SJWs in this scene....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovuqT5LSmA
>>
>>83086341

>see thumbnail and title
>keep scrolling
>scroll back down, get the joke, almost lose my shit

10/10 OP
>>
>>83087636
Actually I think Dr. Who is a perfect place for a non-white actor to take up the role. Remember, the Doctor is an alien masquerading as a human. He can be any race or gender, it doesn't really matter. And unlike when a white actors gets a role meant for a minority, the few that there are, casting a non-white doesn't too decrease the potential roles for white actors. Idris wouldn't work because he's already too big at this point and he's already Luther.
>>
File: Lumley-and-Saffy-2.png (341 KB, 639x321) Image search: [Google]
Lumley-and-Saffy-2.png
341 KB, 639x321
>>83087232
I'm sorry, but the only woman I will accept in the role of The Doctor is Joanna Lumley.
>>
>>83087988
The whole "Timelords can change race and gender" was first introduced in a charity comedy special from the 90's. It didn't become canon to the show until Smith's run.
>>
File: Jonathan_Adams.jpg (34 KB, 246x453) Image search: [Google]
Jonathan_Adams.jpg
34 KB, 246x453
Johnathan Adams should play the part.

He's a seasoned voice actor and Kang will be mostly make up and CG anyway.

He voiced Kang on the Avengers EMH tv show. He also voiced Vaatu and Unvaatu on Korra and Atrocitus on Green Lantern the tv series
>>
>>83088372
But will he still be dressed as a purple headed invader?
>>
>>83088396
Sure, why not? Although for a movie I'd predict a look more in tune with his cartoon appearance
>>
>>83087181
Hogun also isn't Asgardian.
>>
>>83088396
I wish my penis had time powers, all it has is super speed
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.