[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Geoff Johns Clarifies His Position at Warner Bros. & on Ben
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: FB-batman-affleck-1-76c5c.jpg (80 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
FB-batman-affleck-1-76c5c.jpg
80 KB, 900x470
DC Entertainment CCO Geoff Johns will continue to play a big role in Warner Bros.' DC division. During an interview with ComicBook.com, he discussed his job at Warner Bros. and confirmed that he is working on the studio's solo "Batman" film with Ben Affleck.

>"My job is to help other Warner Brothers divisions work with DC," Johns explained. "I work with Warner TV and producers to get these shows up and running, in particular with 'The Flash,' where I co-created the show, wrote a few episodes, wrote the pilot episode."

>"I work with other people, Ames Kirshen in games, the studios like Rocksteady and Netherrealm, go in there on character choices, story they’re going to do and brainstorm on that, try to keep it true to comics," he continued.

>"I do get to say I'm working on 'Batman' with Ben Affleck," he added. "That gets the Thanksgiving table excited, especially my brother."

However, he could not confirm reports that he now has a larger role at the studio, despite earlier rumors that claimed Warner Bros. had appointed him and Jon Berg to take charge of the DC Films division after "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" failed to meet the studio's financial and critical expectations.

"Suicide Squad," the next DC Films movie, hits theaters on August 5.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/geoff-johns-clarifies-his-position-at-warner-bros-on-ben-afflecks-solo-batman-film
>>
>>83085358
>"My job is to help other Warner Brothers divisions work with DC,
Like you helped with Green Lantern?
>>
>>83085358
Oh boy another hands into the already convoluted plate that are the movies! THis clearly wont have repercussions!

Just give the universe to Battfleck and let him write his own Batman.

He is proud of the CW verse but in 2016 the cw verse was pure crap. Flash is not as good as s1, Arrow is beyond shit and LoT is not as good as one had hoped.
>>
>>83085358

If I remember correctly back during the Cartoon Network/DC Block debacle, WB is a fucking corporate mess trying to get sister companies to work together so this seems like a much-needed position.
>>
>>83085420
help. they dont have to accept the help
>>
Based Jhons taking us to the promised land
>>
>>83085499
and since they are working with big ego directors (Marvel uses indie ones, so much less ego), they usually choose to ignore him. .
From now on, they wont be able to.
>>
Johns is a Lebanese faggot
>>
>>83085420
A lot of people got screwed on Green Lantern. Greg Berlanti was talking about how he got fired from writing and directing Green Lantern by the studio yet his name was still everywhere on the project so people still blamed him even though the disaster wasn't his fault.
>>
>>83085499
They won't, then.
Snyder had Nolan producing and he ignored every single thing he told him.
>>
>>83086105

Source?
>>
>>83085464
Flash was never good.
>>
>>83085971
He wasn't fired. If he were, he could have insisted they remove his name from the project completely, or had a pseudonym. No studio is dumb enough to fuck with the guilds over that, because even a ruling after the fact that the system hadn't been stuck to would cause a walkout.

The fact is, he was sure enough of his work to want to leave his name on the project.

>>83086137
>>83086105
I think he means le ebin Nolan=god momo, that is, that if Nolan had been producing he must have been ignoring his suggestions.

In fact both Nolan and Snyder have spoken about their work together on Man of Steel and it's clear Nolan had a lot of input. The three dad deaths, the neck snap, these were things Nolan was aware of and in favor of.
>>
>>83087647
Nolan was not in favor of the neck snap. He preferred the ending where Zod is trapped in the Phantom zone. It wasn't until Goyer consulted with DC and got the go ahead that they solidified the ending.
>>
>>83087647
uh what, Nolan was against the Neck Snap but were outvoted by Goyer and Snyder.
>>
File: MarvelUS-70.jpg (137 KB, 494x766) Image search: [Google]
MarvelUS-70.jpg
137 KB, 494x766
>post yfw it turns into "Batman Forever 2".
>>
>>83085464
Affleck isn't a good writer.
>>
I just want results
>>
>>83090272
but Batman and Robin already exists.
>>
>>83085358
I just hope we don't get his Batman as emotional and attitude characterization.
>>
>>83087647
>But Green Lantern is a great one to point to. I got fired from that movie as a writer and as a director, and yet my name was all over it. I still get blamed for it, even though I had nothing to do with the finished product. As Marc Guggenheim always says, there's a very Google-able script that we did write that was not executed that I still stand by. But at the time, I thought, "Oh God, that noose will hang around my neck my whole life."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/flash-arrow-producer-greg-berlanti-892417
>>
Cool. I want him to be Morrison's Batman now after this movie. Make him see a new lease on life, and make him happy and excited about starting something bigger. No self doubt anymore, no guilt over Jason, just pure determination and confidence.
>>
>>83090501
Which excuse does he have for saying that Arkham Knigh was "a totally and never done before new character"?
>>
>>83090649
To not spoil the game. I don't know why /co/ gives Johns so much shit about Arkham Knight. All he did was help with creating the character. He didn't write the damn story of the game.
>>
>>83090769
>it's ok to lie for marketing purpose if DC/WB does it

I see
>>
>>83090806
>it's ok to lie for marketing purpose if DC/WB does it

You don't get out much, do you?
>>
>>83090920
>everyone does it so it's okay

I see
>>
The two DCEU movies are already better than anything Marvel has produced.
>>
>>83085420
Still a better movie than BvS
>>
File: 1887 was a good year.jpg (194 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1887 was a good year.jpg
194 KB, 517x768
>>83090982
>The two DCEU movies are already better than anything Marvel has produced.
>>
>>83087978
>>83090111
Any source?
>>
>>83090272
>"Batman Forever 2".

Batman Forever was campy but really good as a comic book adaptation.

Over the top, just like my comics.
>>
>>83091100

Its true, name a single good movie produced by Marvel with a well developed plot, villian and action scenes that don't use shitty quick cuts on their action scenes.

I'm waiting.
>>
>>83086137
http://batman-news.com/2016/03/29/christopher-nolan-zack-snyder-batman-v-superman-ending/
One example here.
Using google is not that hard, bub
>>
>>83090982
Fuck no.
If we were talking about Nolan or Burton I would agree
>>
>>83091192
>implying BvS had those things

lel
>>
>>83091192
Was there a recent DC film with any of those besides the Nolan movies?
>>
>>83091360

Yes, Man of Steel and BvS.
>>
>>83085851
pls don't bully him, he's a nice boy
>>
>>83091303
Ok thats a new one. SAVED
>>
>>83091711
The Evans they are... evolving.
>>
>>83091124

>Here’s what Snyder said in 2013 about Superman killing Zod:

In the original version of the script, he just got zapped into the Phantom Zone. David [S. Goyer] and I had long talked about it, and Chris [Nolan] and I talked long about it. And I was like, “I really think he should kill Zod, and I really feel like Superman should kill him.”

>This account is backed up by Goyer, who, in the same podcast, said that Nolan told them there was no way they could have that ending. He flat out told them not to write it. Goyer added that they talked to people at DC who told them “No way. No way.” Which Goyer and Snyder apparently didn’t see as a logical reading of the character, and more of a challenge to find the one situation where Superman would kill. Snyder said, later in the Empire podcast, “I just felt like we were able to create this scenario where either Superman is going to see these people get chopped in half or he’s gotta do what he’s gotta do.”

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-brief-history-of-zack-snyder-defending-the-end-of-man-1763888746

Literally everyone involved told Snyder not to do it, but he's a worthless idiot so he barged ahead with it anyway.
>>
>>83090570
>just pure determination and confidence.

Zur en Arh when?!
>>
>>83090982

Nah man. Captain America I & II are better than Man of Steel.

Actually Iron Man I is good too I just HATE Tony Stark as a character.
>>
>>83091871
and people still hate poor Nolan
>>
>>83090982
Nigga, up your bait game.

This is just insulting.
>>
>>83091998
He already has 5 replies, I'd say his bait is fine.

>>83085358
It really doesn't matter how much he's allowed to affect now, the transition either is jarring as fuck, or it won't be fast enough to matter. A reboot this early would also be out of the question. DC is pretty much fucked at this point, especially with the slow-ass executive model/hierarchy they have at WB.

Too bad, too. I'd love to get a tear jerker of a Superman movie t really show how powerful these icons can be. Instead, we got this shit that makes us cry for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>83091871
But Superman killing Zod was one of the best things about Man of Steel and a necessary moment of suffering for the character to convincingly be reborn into the modern era. Snyder vindicated.
>>
>>83091871
Reminder that Snyder also thinks superheroes talking to each other in costume is stupid.
>>
>>83092162
Try harder, brah
>>
>>83091303
BASED EVANS
>>
>>83092210

Is this true?

If so why did he have multiple conversations with Superheroes talking in costume in ALL his cape films?
>>
>>83092256
He's not wrong, killing Zod is like an origin story for his no kill rule. He's teempted to end threats permanently using his powers but his guilt over killing Zod reminds him it's not worth it. It's kind of stupid but Superman is kind of dumb in the current DCCU.
>>
>>83092641
Basically in an interview he said he cant take guys talking in costume seriously more than 5 mins. Nothing serious can be discussed once the cape gets put on apparently.
>>
>>83092641

>t was, says Snyder, an issue of tone - marrying the dark approach of DC’s burgeoning cinematic universe with its somewhat camper comic origins. “When they're in their super-suits, it was impossible [to get the Heat scene]. We tried it. It was just one of those things. If there are more than four or five lines, you start to notice – wait, these are two guys dressed up! One guy's dressed up like a bat and the other one has a big red ‘S’ on his chest, and it reads super serious...”

Item 5

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/batman-v-superman-zack-snyder-10-things/
>>
>>83092663

Yawn. Nice try, Zack. Off to bed with you.

From the article linked here:

>The why of it for me was, well, if it’s truly an origin story, his aversion to killing is unexplained. It’s just in his DNA. And I felt like we needed him to do something—just like him putting on the glasses or going to the Daily Planet, or any of the other things that you’re sort of seeing for the first time, that you realize will then become sort of his thing.
>>
>>83092903
he killed zod in the comics though
>>
File: 1463540350277.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463540350277.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>83094948

pffffff

please someone post the bingo
>>
>>83095305
but he did
>>
>>83095305
its literally just like the comics, he kills zod (and in the comics, his cronies too) after which he swears he wont kill again, but then he kills Doomsday (both in the movie and comics).
>>
>>83095394
but why is it a bad thing though
>>
>>83085358
All I want to know does he have to power to get Felicity off of Arrow and if so why hasn't it happened yet?
>>
>>83092210

If it is just nothing but talking in costume without taking their masks off, it can easily be kinda boring when you do it in live action.
>>
>>83092903
Without the neck snap we'd be flooded with
>Why doesn't Superman just kill Lex Luthor?
shitposting.
>>
>>83091136
>Batman Forever was campy but really good as a comic book adaptation.

No it wasn't. Not even fucking close.
>>
>>83090324
It's not like Terrio is any real talent either. Unfortunately, this was a perfect storm of writers with their own agendas and little or poor knowledge of source material/fixation of limited parts of the source material, and a director with their own visions, a failed visions, of a universe.

This is Sucker Punch if it has been based on a long running series of well received and popular books as adapted by a group of typing monkeys.
>>
>>83092663
>It's kind of stupid
Very teempting anon
>>
File: Perrywhite-animatedseries.jpg (10 KB, 185x185) Image search: [Google]
Perrywhite-animatedseries.jpg
10 KB, 185x185
>>83095853
>Why doesn't Superman just rape Lex Luthor?
>>
>>83091282
>If we were talking about Nolan or Burton

How do you feel about Batman killing in Burton's films?
>>
>>83085851
I don't see a problem with that.
>>
>>83098785
>>
>>83098792
>>
>>83098028

Who says he hasn't? He already made him bald, Superman is a douche.
>>
>>83085358
So, is Geoff going to become the Seige of DCCU?
>>
>>83085420
That's not actually not his fault.
>>
>>83085358
can't wait till the next 2 movies under perform and geoff johns says that he was brought in too late to help or that dc execs had their hands too deep into the movies that all he could do was mitigate some of the damage

and that his real role was to lessen the damage to try to bridge the gap to make a 'good' movie(s)
>>
>>83090806
God what an autist.
>>
>>83091871
>is told not to do it
>okay, let's try really, REALLY hard to do it and make them let us put it in
>still fucks it up
Amazing. Sometimes it's said you have try to be that bad, and Snyder apparently really was trying that hard to be bad.
>>
>>83099618
God, what a not argument
>>
>>83091249
>he played an amazing devil’s advocate about why not to do it
Fuck you, Snyder.
Killing him off WAS too early.
>>
>>83095550
no one can stop Marc from shoving his love Felicity into the show every chance he gets
>>
>>83098956
>So, is Geoff going to become the Seige
>Seige
>>
File: sentry.jpg (871 KB, 2560x1983) Image search: [Google]
sentry.jpg
871 KB, 2560x1983
>>83099933
>>
>>83100123
build the fucking wall already
>>
>>83100123
It's just not the same with out the censored swear. It really puts the whole image in perspective.
>>
>>83100219
Oh wait, it does have one. Is it in a different place than in the English one?
>>
>>83092843

What a fucking tool
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.