[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The time travel didn't make any sense in this show. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: nt_16_Legends-of-tomorrow.jpg (86 KB, 730x410) Image search: [Google]
nt_16_Legends-of-tomorrow.jpg
86 KB, 730x410
The time travel didn't make any sense in this show. What were the rules even supposed to be?
>>
Certain events can't be altered.
Once you enter a timeline, you are part of that timeline, so you can just keep going back for infinite do-overs.
Wibbly wobbly shit.
>>
File: 0rgC6.gif (2 MB, 515x325) Image search: [Google]
0rgC6.gif
2 MB, 515x325
>>83079316
>in the last episode Vandal's plan is to perform a blood ritual on a meteor in three different times, so that history will rewind back to ancient egypt
>the legends then kill the three Vandals, two of who are from decades ago
>the timeline is unchanged
This crap is noncanon. Arrow is noncanon too.
>>
>>83079316
>What were the rules even supposed to be?
That time is wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
>>
>killed savage 100 years before savage killed his family
>his family is still dead
huh?
>sara you can't go save laurel
>why not
>um...time and stuff
wtf
>>
>>83079653
>sara you can't go save laurel
Rip was just buttmad his family was still dead, if he can't save his no one can.
>>
>>83079504
Flash is equality as inconsistent, if slower burning.
>>
>>83079504
why didn't savage remember the times the heroes killed him?
>>
>>83079733
Nothing is as inconsistent as the nonsense from the finale. The Flash time travel made a modicum of sense and could be followed until Zoom started pulling time remnants out of his pocket.
>>
>>83079778
Heh, even the "Eddie killing himself" starts affecting the timeline then instead rewriting it all, but messing in the past makes the Pied Piper be there all along.

There's a lot of tropes put into the show that aren't compatible.
>>
>>83079736
because they happened at the same time, I don't think time is linear in the show. it's more like an ocean filled with black flashs. humans and other beings just perceive time as linear.
>>
>ray I never really loved you it was just time drift
>>
>>83079736
That part was already explained in the show. Events that happen in the past are set right away. It takes a while for time to adjust and set itself after things change.
>>
>>83080286
Why are you pretending that makes any sense
>>
>>83079316
It's pretty hard to find a show with consistent time travel rules. learn to just roll with it and mock it as you go
>>
The rules are the same as Doctor Who: made up on the fly and pulled out of their asses.

>>83079653
>>83079684
I'd really like to know how Darhk would be able to kill Laurel and Sara even with the whole team there to back then up.
>>
>>83080373
Because that is how time travel things worked in Back to the Future.
>>
>>83080286
>It takes a while for time to adjust and set itself after things change.

This shit's fucking stupid famalam

>Oh the whole season is filled with plotholes so let's just offer an explanation that doesn't actually make any sense
>>
>>83080389
SHIELD was pretty fun about it, when a guy introduced visions into the future. They had Fitz just tell everyone that if they see the future, it happens, no matter what, since it's just an illusion, and it actually is a higher dimension perceived by lower-dimension beings. Full on determinism.

Other than that, you only make them consistent by writing the rules down before the story, not after the fact, and just make unaware closed loops, like in Harry Potter 3.
>>
>>83080449
>I'd really like to know how Darhk would be able to kill Laurel and Sara even with the whole team there to back then up.

I mean there's no reason

look, you could just go back to when Damien Dahrk was like 3 years old and throw him in an oven and problem solved

Legends finale was cringe-inducing. Nothing but excuses and they weren't good excuses by any means
>>
Glad to hear I missed nothing ditching this show.

The whole time travel rules fuck ups started with the whole doubles can't learn about each other.

For such a central premise to the show, you'd think the writers would write out some basic rules on how it works.
>>
>>83080563
>Legends was cringe-inducing. Nothing but excuses and they weren't good excuses by any means
FTFY
>>
File: cisco gets a vibe.png (364 KB, 435x472) Image search: [Google]
cisco gets a vibe.png
364 KB, 435x472
>We can't alter the timeline!!
>This is exactly what Rip Hunter was trying to do the whole time though
>>
>Time Masters working with Savage because he's the only one who can defeat the Thanagarians
>can use the EPCOT center to manipulate the time stream
>an excuse is never given for why they don't just manipulate the future so that the Thanagarians never invade Earth
>>
>>83080563
Because killing him then would have changed everything he had his hands in, if you went into the prison and shanked him there, that would be less so.
Hell, have Sara get a sample of Laurel's DNA so Gideon can make another body, sneak into Laurel's room and fake her death, then take her to the waverider to recover while putting her double into the morgue for when they go to check on it.
That way the timeline of the show is preserved since everyone will be acting on the assumption that Laurel is dead.
>>
>>83080862
The Oculous? can't be used to directly change time just have an all seeing view over it.
That paired with a time ship makes for changing time at will
>>
>>83080389
>it's okay it doesn't make sense because being consistent is HARD!
>>
>>83081083
I'm not saying it's good. But it's so common there's no point in getting autistic about it. Besides, if you aren't prepared to mock how ridiculous things get you're watching the wrong show
>>
>>83081139
>i'm not saying it's good
>but I am saying it's good and you're an idiot if you want it to not be better

what the fuck
>>
>>83082038
I'm saying it's not worth getting up in arms about. It's fair to want it to be better, but we're you really expecting it after even 3 episodes?
>>
>>83082038
>what the fuck
Reading comprehension: Ur Doin' It Wrong.
>>
It works pretty much the same way as it does in the DC Comics, I don't see what's so hard to understand.

There are things that can be changed, and things that can't be, and time is a sentient force (which may or may not be the same as the Speed Force) that wants to course correct itself if it can.

Go read the Booster Gold series that spun out of 52. It actually explains a lot.
>>
"Time wants to happen" and "You can't interfere with an event more than once" are just a line of shit the Time Masters were giving the recruits while using the Oculus to ensure their plans worked.
>>
If you watched the entire season and were still expecting anything remotely logical by the end, you were doing it wrong. Cold, Heatwave, and occasionally Sara (combined with an obvious lack of anything else to do) were the only reasons to keep watching past the first episode.
>>
File: 1457056878249.jpg (52 KB, 898x348) Image search: [Google]
1457056878249.jpg
52 KB, 898x348
>>83083663
>Future Mick put the idea of being a Hero into past Snart's head
>>
>>83079855

Well Eddie dying and erasing Wellsobard caused a paradox so big it couldn't be resolved, and the universe started ripping itself apart. It's still inconsistent, but it's a bit different from slightly altering the past so Piper is redeemed.

And they at least show consequences, unlike LoT.
>>
>>83083872
>And they at least show consequences, unlike LoT.
Fair enough. But I don't expect them to keep track of it all and just go full Legends by season 5 or 6.

My problem with Legends is that they broke any possible set of rules in just 2 or 3 episodes.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.