[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fox won Prove me wrong, /co/! >Better plot than the two previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 1464033475548.jpg (436 KB, 1024x1513) Image search: [Google]
1464033475548.jpg
436 KB, 1024x1513
Fox won
Prove me wrong, /co/!
>Better plot than the two previous capeshit movies.
>Doesn't rely on """"deep"""" symbolism to tell a good story.
>Showed that a show stealer can have more relevance in the plot than just being fanservice.
>Well done dramatic scenes.
>A much better villain.
>Didn't blow their surprises on trailers.
>Their B-plot movie is already more succesful than the ones that will come.
Don't try to use memes.
>muh giantman
>muh deep allegory
>z-zemo was a good villain, r-right?
>>
File: wat m8.jpg (18 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
wat m8.jpg
18 KB, 224x225
>>
>>83079003
What are your favorite comics?
>>
It had too much action

Look, I get it, once upon a time super heroes were for "boys" and were action movies, that isn't the case anymore welcome to 2016, action is fine in small doses but we want more than that, action needs to be secondary and there needs to be more comedy and cute scenes
>>
>>83079003
I don't think you were even trying
>>
File: kino.jpg (68 KB, 416x540) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
68 KB, 416x540
>>83079003
Fox won because of the girder scene.
Everything else was a bonus.
Nothing compares.
>>
>>83079308
>muh box office
>muh rating
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 640x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 640x459
>>83079308
"""""""critics"""""""
>>
>>83079003
It's weird that I can appreciate what you're saying but I personally wasn't that fond of it. But it seems mainly for personal reasons more so than anything else.
>>
What's your guys beef with capeshit movies?

Like seriously, what kind of fucking argument is >>83079262

X-men is one of the few series that marvel has not completely ruined and I'm legitimately hype for it
>>
>>83079755

>the critics opinion doesn't matter
>the audiences opinion doesn't matter
>other anons opinion doesn't matter
>my opinion is what makes and breaks a film, I am the only one with actual taste and if I say it's shit, it's shit

Fuck off lad.
>>
>>83080051
Never said the other three.
>>
>>83080187

You didn't need to.
>>
File: 1268259590148.jpg (19 KB, 240x249) Image search: [Google]
1268259590148.jpg
19 KB, 240x249
>>
>>83079847
>audience score 89%
Also that's not a *bad* movie (it's also not *great* but it's not Star Trek: Into Darkness bad or, God help me, Transformers bad).
>>
Magneto's side of the plot was a mess.
Also Xavier's side only being able to win because they had a more overpowered mutant than their enemies kind of ruins the message of the movie. Teamwork should be about actually working together, not just bide your time while your ace in the hole finally decides to move her ass.
>>
>>83079962
>X-men is one of the few series that marvel has not completely ruined
Everything between X2 and DOFP was meh to shit. I think you mean Deadpool is one of the few series they haven't ruined. Also you meant Fox
>>
>>83079003
>a much better villain
What the fuck.
Apocalypse had absolutely no presence.

The entire movie felt so bland.
>>
>>83079003
You're entitled to your opinion and personal preference, but you have to realize two things

1) your opinion is not objective fact that can be proven or disproven with evidence, however...
2) You are in a very small minority on this opinion

Also, judging from your OP post and what I suspect is your responses to other posters, you already have your mind made up and have no interest in any "evidence" of anything, so why bother
>>
>>83079262
>and there needs to be more comedy and cute scenes
Movie its full of them
>>
>>83079433
>the girder scene.

which one?
>>
File: 1462747696890.jpg (60 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1462747696890.jpg
60 KB, 500x492
>>83079003
>capeshit

Stopped reading right here
>>
>>83079003
The movie is a phenomenon.
It has numerous glaring flaws, and it's obviously a popcorn flick. Yet, I loved it.

I understand why critics were conflicted, because X-Men used to be more grimdark and 2deep4u, while this movie is all about fun.
>>
>>83079433
I see what you did there

>>83079847
Seriously. After BvS, I will never trust critics again.
BvS had flaws, but it was nowhere near bad the critics made it out to be.
>>
>>83080051
>other anons opinion doesn't matter
it's nice that you cherrypick only those opinions that fit your opinion and discard everyone else
>>
>>83079262
>It had too much action
This sounds like a criticism I can get behind since I had the same problem with Avengers 2 and Civil War just non-stop busting out into repetitive action scenes.
>there needs to be more comedy and cute scenes
This I cannot. I know this is going to draw some grimdark/edgy jabs, but what these movies need is to take themselves a little more seriously. Not in the "say the F word more! where's the blood?" kinda way, but to actually treat their characters like people and develop them without resorting to quips or half-baked romance plots.
>>
>>83080388
I thought that the message was that the X-Men were a family team of people, who believed in goodness? Or some hippy shit like that?

>>83081472
Dude, his appearances were like, 50% of the movie, if not more. He actually had enough screen time to make his motives and goals clear. He might have been a cliche take-over-the-world villain, but he was very based
>>
>>83079003
I haven't seen it, so I have no way of knowing if you're wrong or right.
However, I thought Civil War was just okay, so maybe I'll love Apocalypse.
>>
>>83082318
>2) You are in a very small minority on this opinion
We'll see faggot, we'll see. I dare you to see the movie.
>>
>>83079003
It was a fun action movie with a nice period feel,that's literally it.
>>
>>83088251
It's a very comfy movie.
>>
>>83079003
I want /tv/ shitposters banned
>>
>>83088294
I agree. It's just that I never expected such movie from the X-Men. And given that they finally get costumes at the end of the movie, is an indication that it might get better.

>but muh tacticool shit
it's actually shown in the movie that these costumes were stolen from Weapon X facility

I only hope that Singer will read carefully the criticism, and take some notes, because there is a room for improvement (fire JLaw pls), but he certainly is on the right way
>>
>>83088470
>It's just that I never expected such movie from the X-Men
I think this is probably a big part of the mixed reception it's been getting. (barring the period setting of course, that's been a staple since First Class). People (especially critics) expected another "political" movie and instead got the opposite.

>fire JLaw pls
Christ she needs to go. I wouldn't mind Mystique getting huge focus if she wasn't played by the most boring actress in Hollywood.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.