[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
What did you think /co/?
>>
>>83071909

Amazing....
>>
File: x-men apocrap.jpg (8 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
x-men apocrap.jpg
8 KB, 280x180
A big piece of crap
>>
>>83071909
How did they manage to make it feel like nothing was happening whilst simultaneously taking so long to end?

How come this is the 4th/5th time we got the "next time we'll for sure get the X-men team movie we've always failed to do!"?

Quicksilver was cool, though, maybe get Singer to direct the Flash. He can handle small casts a lot better, and his brand of 'leather-dark' is probably as light as Snyder would allow someone to work with in his own universe.
>>
>>83071909

I liked it in spite of how hard it was trying to annoy me at points. I think there's a handful of great Singer moments and a great cast working with a turd of a script that makes almost no sense and basically has no forward motion or act structure.

I'd give it a 3/5. It was an ambitious and weird movie I still liked despite itself. And at least the comic fans can't scream that this film is embarrassed about being a comic movie considering how much weird sci-fi shit this film has.
>>
File: image.jpg (249 KB, 1044x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
249 KB, 1044x1066
>>83071909
THE DREAM IS DEAD
>>
>>83072089
It's still only promising shit it won't deliver, if past tries are anything to go by. Seems like such a safe committee-made movie.
>>
It was meh.
And that is a shame because I really enjoyed both First Class and Future Past.
>>
>>83071909
It was good.
>Jubilee was cute. CUTE!
>Teen cast was great.
>Bubs were snikt'd
>Pockylips was pretty okay
>Being Magneto is suffering
>Sweet dreams are made out of superspeed
>Munn's Psylocke was okay despite barely having any lines
>JLaw was less annoying than expected
>Good humor
>hype ending
>Very nice opening scene in ancient Egypt

I'd say it was the third best X-men related movie so far, just behind DoFP and X2.
>>
>>83071909
>Jlaw gives the most half-added performance ever in a X-Men and spends 90% of the movie without make up (forcing you to stare at get fat face). Also he's wanked as the Mutant messiah.
>Jubilee is in the movie for 30 seconds.
>Magneto's dead wife gets more lines and development than Psylocke (who only has 2 lines)
>Magneto goes full Vader and gives a corny NNNOOOOOO, also kills billions of people and is forgiven
>most of the teen X-Men don't get as much screentime or development as JLaw, Magneto, and Xavier.
>Nightcrawler is boring
>Apocalypse is boring.
>shitty rehash of the QS scene from DoFP
>Wolverine cameo ignores DoFP ending
>Wolverine Weapon X doesn't have a visor because MUH HUGH'S FACE
>>
It's not out in the US yet and I probably won't see it anyway, but I have a question:

Does Wolverine finally get a suit that's not black leather?
>>
first 15 minutes are good then it turns to total shit

only good character was quicksilver

even wolverine cameo is ridiculous, he looks like a fucking joke running away into "the forest" that looks like it's a 10 foot long hallway with fake snow
>>
>>83072383
*half-assed
>>
>>83072143
RT didn't stop the Transformers movies from making some of the most money ever, they aren't going to stop another X-Men movie with Hugh Jackman.
Seriously, the only reason people cared about that site when it came to BvS was because the movie was already infamous and people were waiting for an "official" excuse to point at it with the finger and laugh.
>>
>>83071909
I think Fox (and Singer) need to stop raping the X-Men franchise and give the rights back to Marvel Studios.
>>
>>83071909
Kinda generic and not as good as dofp, but I still enjoyed it.

I am actually excited for more x men movies with the new cast.
>>
>>83072577
Not to integrate with the larger MCU. The mutants as outcasts and their large fucking roster is enough to be self-sustained and even becomes better for it.

Now if they were just properly used.
>>
>>83072463
>who cares if Fox made another movie literally raping the X-Men name
>at least it made money
>if it makes money than that means it's a good movie
Hey Foxshill, tell your bosses to stop ruining X-Men. Also the FF.
>>
Not total shit, just an underwhelming movie that recycles various plots and character motivations that we’ve seen millions of times in X-men movies.

Mystique dick sucking is at an all time high and there’s at least 4 scenes where her ‘importance’ is shoved right in your face. The horsemen (minus Magneto) do literally nothing and Singers treatment of certain characters, whilst not terrible, is a little strange.

Charles, Magneto and Quicksilver steal the show again. Younger mutants are ok and their interactions in the school are pretty nice to watch. In fact everything up until the school blowing up is fine. Just afterwards it goes downhill fast.
>>
>>83072621
I thought that Anon was implying the movie was going to flop.
Also I don't expect RT critics to know about X-Men beyond the other movies.
>>
>>83071909
Boring, cliche, and generic and just plain ugly to look at.

Singer is stale. Bring in fresh blood.
>>
>>83071909
Fox needs to fire Singer and have Deadpool lead the X-Men.
>>
>>83071909
The Mystique shilling pissed me off more than I thought it would. Annoyed me even more when I found out that she isn't even in make-up for a lot of the movie and they tried to make it a point. It was tedious.

Apocalypse himself was shit. What the Hell did they think trying to make him like that? His powers may have been cool, but... he just had no presence. Magneto's turning felt forced, too.

But Mystique ruined the film for me. It's surprising because I really liked her in First Class and thought she did okay in DoFP. But... this one? She ruined it for me. The film could have done without her.

It has some good scenes, and the new young Jean was surprisingly decent... but no, as a whole, not worth the ticket price.

SOME OF THEM WANT TO USE YOU. SOME OF THEM WANT TO BE USED BY YOU.

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS. WHO AM I TO DISAGREE.
>>
>>83072621

Marvel are doing more to kill Xmen then Fox desu, pushing this Inhuman shit and side lining Xmen. Create some gas that kills them.
>>
>>83072401
he wears 90% accurate Weapon X outfit, with the batteries, wires and everything
>>
I liked that we finally had a battle in the astral plane

or whatever the term is
>>
>>83071909
Its not out yet in the only country that matters
>>
>>83073187

Came out in the UK last week m8.
>>
>>83072929
Gas the je ... i mean mutant. Yeah. Gas the mutant
>>
>>83073205
>implying
>>
File: X-Men_(X-Men_Evolution)3.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_(X-Men_Evolution)3.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>83071909
I wish there was more of the young mutants hanging out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnrrF2Jls6g

>that X-Men EVO vibe
>>
>>83073282
Which are you, one of the countries we created or one of the countries we saved?
>>
>>83073363
The one that stole all your best land and beat your ass with just civilians
>>
>>83073332
>twinkcrawler buying a michael jackson jacket
>off screen
>>
>>83071909
It was okay but story was pretty vanilla especially compared to FC and DOFP. Still I had fun and I actually liked the trio in OP pic.

Apocalypse was entertaining though. Every time his eyes turned white he looked like he was seriously pissed while simultaneously having an orgasm. It was literally funny yet terrifying at the same time which is pretty rare these days.

His intro music was pretty GOAT though, and kinda reminded me of Prince of Egypt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvuJUw1UrQ
>>
File: here goes dat boi.webm (3 MB, 640x298) Image search: [Google]
here goes dat boi.webm
3 MB, 640x298
>>83071909
Quicksilver rescue scene was the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg
>>
>>83073332
Glad I wasn't the only one. Really enjoyed the film had an "X-Men: Evolution" vibe to it.
>>
burgerfag here. im considering skipping this movie entirely which ive never done for x-men. bryan singer is like that football coach that was promising the first two years and then the team just starts sucking ass for the next 5 years and fans slowly turn on him but ownership still wont fire the asshole.

x-men and x2 had their flaws but were mostly decent. then last stand, both wolverines, first class and days of futre past all sucked for different reasons. this movie looks like it takes everything that sucked about every x-men movie and combines them together into one super abortion.
>>
>>83073671
Sadly this is the closest we'll ever get of an X-Men: Evolution movie
>>
>>83073688
You have awful taste man. First Class is easily the best Xmen movie.
>>
>>83072463
>some of the most money ever

There's two things wrong with this aside from your appalling grasp of language:

firstly, the Transformers movies cost a lot less by comparison to this turkey. We already know that XMA cost over $230m to produce, and another $80m or so on top of that to market. This places it in the realm where it can make $700m and still be unprofitable. The first Transformers movie cost what would be $175m (a difference which would buy you a whole Deadpool) and made what would be $815m+. It became profitable at probably $501m; this won't become profitable until about $620m, because in both cases the distribution costs are around half the gross and never actually come back to the studio - turns out running a huge building that mostly stands empty and is relatively luxurious inside actually costs money. Who knew?

Secondly, they can only be said to be among the highest-grossing if you don't bother to account for inflation. There are several reasons people don't do this: because they don't understand that it exists (which is surprisingly common), because they assume the grosses are all updated accordingly in such lists, and because it's hard to do, since you can go by CPI inflation or ticket price inflation, which run at different rates, and also because you then have these same problems in every territory in which the movie played internationally.

It's not enough to say "but Transformers" just because a big-budget movie is bad; Transformers, like the Star Wars movies, is a brand that transcends cinema and has a huge following year in year out over the course of several decades. X-Men has... a tired-looking Star Trek-esque movie series which is probably on its last legs, a couple of cartoons a decade apart, and a comic book that used to be huge in the 90s, the decade many former readers would likely rather forget. It's not even like Batman or Superman; the X-Men comics just weren't popular for a very long time.
>>
>>83073387
India? Yeah good luck getting Pakistan back, dummy.
>>
>>83071909
This was the first x-men movie I've seen since X3 made me want to die, and honestly I was surprised at how a change of time period made it feel fresh, and how it did a way better job of taking the source material and staying close to that, while making it interesting for the big screen. It's good for a dumb blockbuster film, I don't understand the hate at all.
>>
>>83073688
>, first class and days of futre past all sucked for different reasons
And you fucked up.
>>
>>83073933
>first class is easily the best x-men movie
professor-x not even bald, beast has shitty costume/makeup, why is mystique even in the movie?, no cyclops in the first class, shit casting for mystique, beast, and emma frost, magneto is good and then bad arc already done in x2, most of the young x-men characters are worthless. nope its shit, and so is your taste.
>>
>>83074067
You should watch FC and DOFP then (I thought Apocalypse was fun even if a bit generic in terms of story). FC was okay but had the strongest performances for Xavier and Magneto. DOFP was a tighter film with a better conclusion though.
>>
>>83074171
>NOT MUH the post

I bet you are just a stupid movie fag
>>
>>83074171
>magneto is good and then bad arc already done in x2
>implying that Fassbender's Magneto didn't capture the spirit of the character much better than any attempt that X2 made

Literal shit taste confirmed. Everyone move along, nothing to see here.
>>
>>83074249
fassbenders performance was good. but story-wise, magneto is bad and then good and then bad was done in x2, why do we need to recycle that? sebastian shaw and the yellow x-men jump suits were cool i guess. thats it though. the entire first class kiddie team is shit and irrelevant to the plot.

your taste is diarhea w/ nuts
>>
>>83074922
>why do we need to recycle that?

First Class was meant to be a reboot
>>
File: mystique_dofp_1973.jpg (53 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
mystique_dofp_1973.jpg
53 KB, 630x419
The news footage of the 1973 attack on the White House is used in schools to inform people about the existence of mutants; both bad (Magneto who tries to kill Nixon) and good (Mystique who stopped Mags). Mystique is idolized by a lot mutant kids for that sacrifice of revealing her true self to the world.

Ironically, having her true form broadcast worldwide, eliminates Mystique's privacy and threatens her safety. So, she minimizes showing her true blue form even/especially around other mutants.

And yes! In the movie, Caliban asked her why she doesn't want to be identified as Mystique (in name and form).
>>
>>83075415
Still stupid and lame.

Also that doesn't change the fact that JLaw gives the most half-assed performance in the franchise. She is just BORED.

Fuck JLaw and her butter face, Fuck Mystique, and fuck Fox.
>>
>>83074922
>fassbenders performance was good
He was overly dramatic and chewed the scenery.
>NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Zemo from Civil War was better than all the X-Men villians
>>
>>83075668
>saw movie came in hating JLaw and didn't care
>didn't pay attention to story line

got it
>>
>>83075708
>was better than all the X-Men villians

>Muh Sokovia, muh family, mus special forces training.
>Zemo in name only
>better

uh-huh. thank you mr. mouse
>>
File: Calculon.jpg (105 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Calculon.jpg
105 KB, 1920x1080
>>83075708
>>
>>83075826
>Triggered this easily
>>
>>83075708
>Zemo from Civil War was better than all the X-Men villians
Zemo was okay what little he got but saying that he's better than Fassneto is bullshitting yourself.
>>
>>83075875
>says the fassbender hater that replied to a post of good performance by fassbender
>fass doesn't trigger me, swear
>>
File: Hedonismbot.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Hedonismbot.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
>>83075955
I'm not the same poster who was talking about Fassbender.
Just noticing how practiced your defensive cringe is.
>>
>>83075986
> and we just noticed that you don't know how to trace back a reply line.
>we also noticed that the mouse isn't alone here, there are mouseketeers as well
>posting meme images like they rehearsed/practiced
>posting without knowing the line of replies; whose cringy now
>>
Quick, name 3 villains worth a damn from the X-Men franchise that are not Magneto!
>>
A movie made by a man who is engaged in a pervasive pedophilia ring throughout Hollywood that forces children into sexual slavery and occasionally into snuff films.
>>
>>83076228
Ian McKellen, Michael Fassbender and Bill Milner/Brett Morris.
>>
>>83076228
Uh I don't know. Maybe X2 Stryker, the future Sentinels and Deadpool because he's his own worst enemy.
>>
>>83073363
The one with nice teeth.
>>
It was entertaining enough. Mystique's and Magneto's parts were dumb but the new kids were great, especially Kurt and Peter. Can't say I'm looking forward to more Phoenix or Wolverine bullshit though.
>>
>>83076620
I seriously hope we don't get more Wolverine. He good in DOFP (literally his best portrayal by far) but I'd rather they focus on the new kids while keeping Logan in his own film.
>>
Like every other X Men movie it focuses on 3 characters, Charles, Magneto, and in this case Mystique, and the rest are just there to draw in fanboys.
>>
How often do you think all of the actors thought about how their director is an open and unrepentant pedophile who actively supports an organized pedophilia ring in Hollywood?
>>
>>83076879
During lunch breaks probably, when there's time for crumpets and gossip
>>
I liked it. I can understand why people would think it was a step backwards from DOFP but I can't understand why it's getting so much hate.

It was deliciously over the top.
>>
>>83076731
Agreed, they've done pretty much everything interesting they can do with him at this point and there are so many other cool stories they could tell. But, cashcow is gonna cashcow...
>>
>>83076879
I think Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Angel all experienced it first-hand.
>>
>>83073332
Didn't Singer cut more of that sequence or was that rumor?
>>
>Guys we need to kill someone off to show the stakes are high
>I know why don’t we kill off Mystique, after all this is JLaws last movie and it’ll leave a huge impact since everyone in the mutant community looks up to her.
>I’ve got a better idea, let’s make Havok die. It'll leave an emotional mark on Scott and eventually inspire him to lead the X-men.
>Genius! But let’s make him die like a chump and not have it affect Scott all that much.
>>
>>83071909
>muh phoenix
I thought team work was gonna save the day, not Jean's LVL 3 Hyper.
>>
>>83073997
>I know this shit because I actively participate in shitposting threads
>t.marvel drone

I like when autistic nobodies pretend they know how enterprises work.
>>
>>83077596
He cut the whole mall sequence, the only bit they left is when they leave the cinema talking about Star Wars and that's only 30 seconds long.
>>
>>83077767
It did require team work, Pheonix alone didn't do it.
>>
>>83077767
I was actually really hoping Charles would be the one to beat him during that mind smack down. That "you're in my house now" moment was glorious. Too bad he immediately jobbed.
>>
>>83077854
Fucking shit.

Why do they do this crap?
>>
>>83077854
>The only part of that sequence they left in was the meta joke about Apocalypse being a bad movie.
>>
>>83077956
I thought the joke was about X3 being shit
>>
>>83077866
She literally incinerates Apocalypse alone. All it took was Charles telling her to activate her level 5 Hyper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2W5AUmFqDY
>>
>>83077984
I hope the irony isn't lost on them.
>>
What do you guys think the future movies will be about. I'm hoping with the phoenix appearing it will pave way for more cosmic stuff.
>>
>>83077984
It was, that other anon is a bitter retard
>>
>>83071909
Did Brian Singer rape that blue twink?
Yes he did.
>>
>>83078045
X-Force and Cable is surely next.
>>
>>83078045
Bryan Singer says that he pitched an X-Force movie with X-23
>>
>>83078045
Mr Sinister is next. Although for a good chunk I believed the weapon X sample along with the other samples had to do with Weapons XI through XII and I was hoping to see Fantomex and Za Warudo.
>>
>>83078141
Wasn't she supposedly appearing in the third wolverine next year?
>>
>>83078187
Maybe it would be a sequel to that, who knows?
>>
>>83077933
Timing and to make the movie flow better I guess.

Though in this case it kind of backfired considering most critics were saying the interactions between the teen mutants were some of the better things in an otherwise mediocre movie.
>>
>>83078141
>letting Brian Singer direct a cast of teenagers
The girls will be safe at least...
>>
>>83073012
Is his wiener flopping?
>>
>>83078220
So... Jubilee Cut next year then?
>>
>>83078257
alas, pants doth block the visage of manhood of Jack
>>
>>83071909
Why is Sophie manlier than either of them?
>>
>>83073655
>mud trap

That's not Apopilick's power

the fuck
>>
File: 2015-12-17-beartato-toospecific.png (106 KB, 800x1028) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-17-beartato-toospecific.png
106 KB, 800x1028
>>83077854
>they leave the cinema talking about Star Wars
Eugh, I hate when they establish the time period of a movie with shit like this, makes me think of this comic.
>>
>>83078363
Pockylips has many mutant powers in this incarnation
>>
>>83078363
He's an Earthbender in this. Shit you not.
>>
>>83078363
Apocalypse has complete control over the molecular structure of all that surrounds him, behold in awe as he demonstrates it by snagging someone's foot with mud!
>>
>>83078314
Aww, guess Wade wins this one.
>>
>>83078409
At least it made sense in Civil War, Marvel spent 4bn on Star wars, they're going to shoehorn that shit in if it kills them
>>
>>83078461
and evaporated entire city blocks, and merge people into walls while they are still alive, and boosts mutant powers, some form of low level mind control, etc.
>>
>>83078461
>Apocalypse has complete control over the molecular structure of all that surrounds him

So why not turn Quicksilver into fire or dust or something?
>>
>>83078409
It's the '80s movies, the reference will probably work for another while if we've remembered the damn movies this far.
>>
>>83075668
Her voice in the commercial is so flat and lacks any inflection or emotion.

I dont follow her, is her acting always this bad?
>>
>>83078518
>Low level
>Took control of Charles while he was in Cerebro and made him launch all the nukes on Earth into space
>>
>>83078561
>Nukes again
Fox takes the Children of the Atom thing seriously, eh?
>>
>>83078534
That would have been sick. Quicksilver starts coughing up dust and looks at his hands as they just dissolve. And Apoc just walks over and *poof*

But gotta keep the favorite son from such an epic death I guess,
>>
File: 225px-Sunfirex.png (54 KB, 225x237) Image search: [Google]
225px-Sunfirex.png
54 KB, 225x237
>>83078595
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1wcuoxs4mU
>>
>>83078534
It doesn't seem to work on organic material
>>
>>83078672
But presumably it works on himself, so is he not organic matter then?
>>
I feel I know the answer before I ask, but was Apocalypse as much of a pimp as he was in the cartoon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M#t=48s
>>
>>83078745
No. He was doing basically the same thing Magneto did in X1 by gathering a bunch of misfits to help his cause, except now he went for the ones that can actually do shit.

Personality-wise he's basically Ultron without the jokes, which we all so wanted, but makes him look so boring. Also without the daddy issues and more 'they betrayed me' issues.
>>
>>83078636
Gotta save Quicksilver so we can have an even longer, even more stakes annihilating frozen time sequence in the next movie. Soon an X-Men movie will be just two hours of Quicksilver jacking it in the frozen time.
>>
>>83078745
I AM THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORE, CRASH AGAINST ME AND BE BROKEN
>>
File: 1431183465471.gif (2 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1431183465471.gif
2 MB, 371x209
>>83071909
Best capeshit of the year.
Strange has stiff competition to overcome.
>>
>>83078825
The fact that Singer can't seem to manage more than 3 or 4 characters, is pretty creative with superspeed AND can't seem to let go of his quest for realism looks-wise might make him a good candidate for directing the DCEU flash.
>>
>>83078941
>Strange

Who's the enemy in this?

I want Fin Fang Foom
>>
>>83073933
>Z-LISTERS: THE MOVIE
Yeah. Nah.
>>
File: 1417518326935.jpg (15 KB, 252x233) Image search: [Google]
1417518326935.jpg
15 KB, 252x233
>>83075708
Zemo was good.
Magneto in this was better.
>>
>>83073363
The one you brought or stole states and now are robbing your jobs
>>
File: 4523452345.jpg (64 KB, 640x370) Image search: [Google]
4523452345.jpg
64 KB, 640x370
>non Xmen movie is the only film to feature a costume that's actually in the comics

Literally why?
>>
>>83076228
Ay, Poc and Lips.
>ywn emasculate every nation on Earth simultaneously whilst classical music plays
>>
>>83079059
Singer's twinks don't look good in yellow.
>>
>>83073363
The one you stole our states and now are stoling your jobs
>>
Did angel/archangel really died?
I only saw him with multiple burns and Apocalypse calling him useless.
>>
>>83073405
Twunkcrawler is cute CUTE!
>>
How many people involved in the making of this movie do you think Singer knows through the underground pedophilia network that he actively perpetuates and funnels children into through his Hollywood connections?
>>
>>83078965
How familiar are you with Strange, anon?
Granted we already know it's not any of his most iconic adversaries but that's still really outta fuckin' left field.
>>
File: Havok.jpg (58 KB, 257x434) Image search: [Google]
Havok.jpg
58 KB, 257x434
>Blew up a statue
>Got Darwin killed
>Contributing nothing during the Cuban Missle Crisis battle except for slighting burning that one chick's bug wing
>Spent the Vietnam war sitting in a tent with other mutants instead of contributing to the war effort
>Comes home from Vietnam and works in a bank instead of helping Xavier
>Couldn't do enough damage to Cerebro to stop the nuclear launches despite being completely unopposed by anything
>Blew up that engine thing and killed himself, and would have killed everyone in the school if Quicksilver hadn't been there

Is there a greater failure in the X-Men movie universe?
>>
>>83079111
We don't know, left ambiguous. I guess in case future writers want to use him.
>>
>>83079226
Thanks
>>
I just came from the theater, I liked but they made Alex be the older Summers brothers do not Scott!

It's a Jewish Hollywood movie, heavy Holocaustiniaty, Apocalypse is Yahweh and Magneto is the disillusioned Jew.
>>
>>83079196
>It's an X-Men movie
>His surname is Summers
He never had a chance.
>>
how did brian singer go from usual suspects to this
>>
>>83078693
The only organic matter Apocalypse can control with his powers is his own body.
>>
>>83079312
Considering Alex appeared in his 20s in First Class and this movie takes place 20 years after that, it doesn't even make sense that they're brothers at all. Unless Mama Summers had kids 30 years apart.
>>
>>83079059
hope she gets a nice lady boo in the next film. Maybe a nice place to introduce X-23.

She gets neutralized and they find a phone on her.

"Who did you call!"

"Girlfriend."

*snikt*

"Gaaagk"
>>
>>83079424
It wasn't a sudden change, he had stuff like Superman Returns and Jack the Giant Slayer in between.
>>
File: E3 Shen.jpg (122 KB, 560x760) Image search: [Google]
E3 Shen.jpg
122 KB, 560x760
>>83079183
>How familiar are you with Strange, anon?

Couple of PS2 games and jokes made on /tg/ when Exalted 3rd Edition's sample characters included a kung-fu wizard
>>
>>83079157
From what has been said and rumored. Probably a few.
>>
>>83079531
I actually thought Jack the Giant Slayer was a very fun movie.
>>
>>83079601
I'm guessing that almost the entire movie was funded by people complicit in organized pedophilia. The money not directly involved with organized pedophilia still is most likely held by people who know about it and look the other way.
>>
Will normies ever accept Jubilee as a vampire?
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83071909
It was barely watchable.

Every character was little more than a cardboard cutout and no one had an actual arc. Apocalypse somehow felt very non threatening. it was pretty disjointed and most situations were contrived and forced as fuck, including the dumb rehash of a setpiece that worked great the first time. I didn't feel invested in anything that was going on, and in the end it seemed like absolutely nothing of consequence had happened.
>>
>>83079917
Why even include Jubilee in the movie if she won't do fucking anything in the entire movie?

I'm pretty sure she had only one linte in the whole thing and it was only a setup for a dumb joke about sequels.
>>
>>83080079
Was she the only chink?

China won't show the movie without a chinese actress in it
>>
>>83079933
reminding JLaw of the leaked phone pics, obviously
>>
if you were a mutan't would you join the apocalypse in this movie

he seemed like a preetty cool guy that only wanted to make nice world for mutants without stupid humans or weapons

well up until that part when he wanted to use charles toremove everyone's free will
>>
>>83080079
>“In this film, I can safely say that her power is more fire-plasmoid, electricity type."
>And, she also serves as kind of comedic relief at times where things are-might be a little more tense and real S-H-I-T is going down."

Her role was probably cut down quite a bit in the final cut of the movie. I feel kinda sorry for her.

>>83080122
Lana Condor is vietnamese, though.
>>
>>83080239
Absolutely. If an incredibly powerful ancient evil being awakens I'd rather stay on his good side.
>>
>>83080239
This is the Morlocks question. If my mutation is visible and gross like his then sure, but if I can pass and still use my powers to make my life easier then why not.

Wouldn't take up arms against the big purple cunt mind you.
>>
>>83080259
Yea shit sucks for her. She looked really nice and seemed to really happy to be there.
>>
>>83080362
Shame she'll be replaced by Negasonic Teenage Warhead
>>
>>83080122
They'll show it, it just won't make money.

>>83079995
WELCOME TO YOU'RE X-MEN

>>83079424
If you've never suffered through Valkyrie I really don't know how to explain it to you.

>>83079312
I mean Apocalypse literally has a son named Holocaust but OK

>>83078534
Because he's a bronze-age retard. For all his powers and his horsemen, he got fucking decked by a bunch of other bronze-age retards and locked up for five thousand years. He doesn't have the brains to use his powers.
>>
File: x-men_jubilee_jean_grey_ig.jpg (30 KB, 383x383) Image search: [Google]
x-men_jubilee_jean_grey_ig.jpg
30 KB, 383x383
FUCKING KAWAII!!!
>>
>>83080399
Maybe they can both be in there. Be happy contrast girlfriends.
>>
>>83076228
Brett Ratner, Brian Singer and Jennifer Lawrence
>>
>>83080517
Such a Trinity of Evil. Can nobody of merit and vigor release us from their torment.
>>
>>83080517
And we are done!
>>
>>83078825
Apo doesn't want to kill QS, it's simple as that. That's why he just stops him and broke his leg.
>>
>>83080596
>Apo doesn't want to kill QS

He immediately told Psycock to kill him.
>>
>>83080329
Yeah nah, the mutants exist in the same world as a whole bunch of other superheros, powers everywhere, etc... Apo is just one small player next to absolute monsters.
>>
>>83080652
Yeah Apo knows there's no way in hell she could kill him.
>>
>>83080700
>Yeah nah, the mutants exist in the same world as a whole bunch of other superheros, powers everywhere, etc.

Do they? Who else does Fox own -F4ntastic, sort of Spiderman, Micronauts?
>>
>>83080744
If they own Fuckntastic, they own Galactus and Silver Surfer, both being able to cremate Apo by farting on him.
>>
>>83080804
>Marvel brings in Thanos
>DC respond by bringing in Darkseid McMother-Fucker
>Fox panic and decide SUDDENLY GALACTUS!!!1

I really, really want this and I'm sad that I won't get it.
>>
File: marvel pepe.jpg (127 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
marvel pepe.jpg
127 KB, 1012x675
Is there cam rip for this
>>
>>83080852
Yes, it's actually quite decent except for sound inexplicably going spanish for few seconds
>>
>>83071909
The new Amazing Spider-Man 2. It's the best movie in it's franchise but it's incredibly divisive since some people are SOMEHOW too retarded to understand it
>>
File: 1457768728591.gif (2 MB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1457768728591.gif
2 MB, 500x450
>>83080892
>sound inexplicably going spanish for few seconds

CHIMIFUCKINGCHANGAS
>>
>>83079933
Well it was right after the completely subtle appearance of the phoenix.
>>
>>83080892
Don't forget all those extended portions of none English speaking that are subbed into Spanish.
>>
>>83079451
Franklin Richards did it.
>>
>>83078965
Dr. Druid
>>
>>83077767
What did Jean do? I am curious what they do with new jean visually
>>
>>83081144
>rises up in the air
>screams and grimaces
>fire everywhere
>fucking huge fire phoenix
>apoc's face gets melted off

That's pretty much it,
>>
>>83081144
>>83081399
Well before the "rises up in the air" moment, she was basically walking slowly towards Apoc's direction on top of a wrecked building's open room. After a few moments you kind of realize that something is off since she's basically walking but you know she'll have to jump down from the building or faceplant on the ground like an idiot for walking off the ledge. It's only then does it become more obvious that she's actually levitating and literally walking on thin air for that "OH SHIT" moment.

The rest plays out as you described it.
>>
>>83078062
Rotten tomatoes says otherwise, Singer
>>
File: 1461166228462.jpg (84 KB, 663x378) Image search: [Google]
1461166228462.jpg
84 KB, 663x378
>>83075415
>privacy eliminated
>the privacy of a fucking shapeshifter is eliminated
>mfw
>>
>>83078941
I think Stange can get a higher RT score than 51%
>>
>>83080919
Everton understood ASM2. It's was just stupid.

Thank god it's dead. Now Mavel can fix Spider-Man
>>
>>83078825
>Soon an X-Men movie will be just two hours of Quicksilver jacking it in the frozen time.

Better than another HUGE JACK MAN Wolverine spinoff, I guess.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dO_vWt5Bo

THEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

LET DC HAVE A MOMENT IN THE SUN
>>
holy shit was a mess of a movie. Way too many cringe worthy scenes and I couldn't get over how much mystique/j-law wanking there was. It's easily the worst cape movie of the year.
>>
>>83082088
Mystique's role was minimal compared to FC and DoFP
>>
>>83082013
>that PS2 graphics
*vomits*
Jeeeeeeesus!!!! Just stop raping the franchise and give the right back to Marvel, Fox.
>>
>>83082138
How dare you disrespect the PS2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNn_Gv5qPDU
>>
>>83071909

jean made me think i was watching agatha christies or something.

psyclock was turbo shit. Angel was okay. I want mystique to go away so hard.

kurt was anoyingly gay again.

Didn't feel it was anywhere near as long or boring as BM V SM though.

Lots of gore too.
>>
>>83082137
her role really was minimal yet almost every scene she was in someone was calling her their hero. In MCU people act similarly towards Cap yet it's never more than once in an entire movie.
>>
>>83082209

I can stare at any part of Cap for days though. MysfattyMcFatFace repulses me.
>>
>>83082137
Except for the part where she's mutant Jesus and everyone loves her an talk about how awesome she is. Also he leads the X-Men against Apocalypse and saved Nightcrawler.

It may as well of been caller Mystique and the xmen: the Hunger Games
>>
>>83082197
>kurt was anoyingly gay again.
well, it is Singer
>>
>>83079196
But Myssiah said he was highly respected and admired.
the character would have been better if he fired from his dick instead
>>
>>83081913
If people understood ASM2. you wouldn't hear people say it was confusing. Similar to how people say Apocalypse is confusing when it's the most vanilla of super hero movies right now.
>>
>>83082175
>dat Rogue

HNNNNGH

I need Rogue back in these movies
>>
File: codpiece.jpg (21 KB, 244x300) Image search: [Google]
codpiece.jpg
21 KB, 244x300
>>83082427
You know it bro
>>
File: kZheQgn.png (268 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
kZheQgn.png
268 KB, 432x324
>>83082569
I want a Rogue 100% accurate to her X-Men TAS incarnation. Accent and all.

Evolution Rogue is acceptable too.
>>
>>83082013
>People can't tell if they like this movie or not

WHAT?
>>
>>83082561
Your movie was dogshit, Sony. As was X-Men Apocalypse. Rotten Tomatoes said so.

Now Marvel Studios has to fix your mess with Spidey. And hopefully soon Marvel Studios can fix X-Men if we let our voices be heard.
>>
>>83082137
She leaves a negative impact because of how bitchy she is.
>>
>>83082654
>Deah diiiry
>dat ass was fat
>>
File: hiss.jpg (47 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hiss.jpg
47 KB, 1280x720
>>83082749
>wanting the mutie cancer anyone near the MCU

I'm glad there's a major universe where we don't have to deal with those faggots.
>>
>>83082749
Rotten Tomatoes isn't a metric of quality, the percentages represent how many people liked the movie. 50% and 60% mean a movie is divisive, half of the people liked, half disliked it.

Even then, there's movies like Batman v Superman which is hated by critics and not divisive at all, but more divisive between those who watched it. RT is metric website based entirely on being subjective.
>>
File: 1404319750469.jpg (17 KB, 483x418) Image search: [Google]
1404319750469.jpg
17 KB, 483x418
>>83082834
>mfw yfw Inhumans
>>
>>83082749
That's funny, last I checked Civil War's Spidey is just a clone of Andrew Garfield.
>>
File: 1462841852524.jpg (22 KB, 258x242) Image search: [Google]
1462841852524.jpg
22 KB, 258x242
>>83082887
>mfw Inhumans is stuck in development hell
>>
>>83082749
>Your movie was dogshit, Sony.
>Sony

Sony is still making Homecoming you dip, they're the only one's profiting on it and while Marvel says they have creative control, they're not going to make a penny outside of Feige for that to mean anything.
>>
>>83082947
>tfw it's probably going to be canceled in favor of just a solo Black Bolt movie
>>
>>83082985
>main character doesn't speak throughout the entire movie save for a single line during the third act

That's pretty avant garde.
>>
>>83082561
I never understood why so many people claimed the movie made no sense. I understood it. I didn't like it, but I understood the underlying message and point it was getting across.
>>
File: Gateway To Hell.jpg (469 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Gateway To Hell.jpg
469 KB, 1920x816
>>83082947
>tfw Inhumans gets cancelled and we never get a heart-warming reunion between Iron Man and the Son of Coul (now an Inhuman zombie thanks to Nick L. Fury's shenanigans in AoS)
>>
>>83076228
Bryan Singer, he fucks boys.
>>
>>83082952
You got that wrong bucko. Theyre making a movie FOR Sony, and Sony is collecting a single paycheck. Marvel on the other hand get to play with the entire Spiderverse and rake in cash.
>>
File: binks-and-lloyd.jpg (52 KB, 513x305) Image search: [Google]
binks-and-lloyd.jpg
52 KB, 513x305
>>83083200
>you will never get paid to shitpost

Where do I apply?
>>
>>83083200
>being this much of an MCUshill

I'm a MCUfag but kindly fuck off.
>>
File: Jubilee.jpg (80 KB, 528x720) Image search: [Google]
Jubilee.jpg
80 KB, 528x720
Why is jubilee never cute enough
>>
>>83083234
Sony has distribution rights which includes box office and home release and Columbia is the studio filming the movie. All contracts for all cast is separate than the Marvel contracts as well.

Marvel's creative control has no benefit to them and comes out of Marvel's pocket with the exception of Kevin Feige who will be producing the movie under Sony's name
>>
Im so sick of the word shill......
>>
>>83082013
it was better when Futurama did it
>>
>>83083234
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feB7Oc8rw1o
>>
>>83083345
Most of their money will be made from crossovers, but in the long run its still benefits Marvel studios.
>>83083424
>Using imdb as a credible source
Sony is getting thrown a damn bone. Their studio is on its last legs
>>
>>83083495
Heck, if Disney wasn't getting a profit, Spidey wouldn't be in Civil War.

And the reason Sony let them borrow Spidey is because ASM2 was panned from everyone and didnt make enough money (the marketing for the movie cost more than it. They literally expected ASM2 and Sinister Six to make trillions of dollars more than Avengers).

Sony is just full of incompetent idiots. See the leaked emails.
>>
>>83072143
this
/thread
>>
>>83083495
Much damage control

>Used Rotten Tomatoes, a website based on subjectivity, as a "credible source"
>But calls imdb non-credible
>>
>>83083715
No shit Sherlock, but Sony would also not have agreed if they didn't maintain the rights and control. Marvel doesn't own the film rights to Spider-Man, it's a mutual agreement but Marvel had to get the shit end of the stick as they will not make money directly.
>>
>>83083746
Motherfucker when did I ever call RT a credible source? I swear its nothing but "damage control" or "shilling" or whatever fucking buzzword this /tv/ regurgitates.
>>
>>83083864

>>83082749
Keep back peddling faggot
>>
>>83083925
Different person faggot. I never posted anything related to RT. You do know other people post in here right?
>>
>>83083864
It's just Sony shills butthurt that Marvel Studios made a better and more faithful Spider-Man than the skateboarding crap Sony shit out and that critics didnt like the shittyness of ASM2. Now they want to spite MS by pretending that X-Men Crapocalypse was good so people don't start asking the rights go back to Marvel Studios (like with Spidey).
It's kinda pathetic really but also sad. Disney/Marvel Studios manage to make the best superhero movies with Rocket Raccoon and Ant-Man. Meanwhile, Fox can't even make a good FF movie.
>>
Will they use those actors for the present time movies or go back to the old ones?
>>
>>83084071
As a MCUfag I personally dont want the X Men rights to revert. Its fine as its own universe
>>
>>83084116
The X-Men and Avengers have lived in the same universe for fifty years. They can work together in the same filmverse.
>As a MCUfag
Suuuuuuure you are. You are TOTALLY not a Fox Employee being paid to advertise your own panned movie and doing damage control. TOTALLY
*wink*
>>
>>83084206
>Suuuuuuure
>*wink*
Not him but please stop posting like you're in Facebook.
>>
>>83084206
Oh yeah Im sure suddenly introducing mutants wont be a colossal clusterfuck at this point.
>Oh yeah btw theres this mutant x gene thats gone undetected until now. And theres a school devoted to it.
Also you're assuming I like FOX Men
>>
>>83084280
stop shilling your shitty movie, Fox
>>
Haven't watched it yet. But what did you guys think of the new Scott? Good, bad? What about in comparison to the one in the original trilogy?
>>
>>83084310
Just pull an X-Men evolution and have Mutants be secret from the world until they are revealed.

You could even go with the ultimate origin and make mutants a government experiment.
>>
>>83084313
Better than the original trilogy but that's not saying much. Doesn't do much or have as much development as Mystique or Magneto or Xavier or Jean.

Wouldn't surprise me if in the next movie they kill him off-screen like they did to the First Class cast.
>>
>>83084381
FUCKNG

GET

HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L6YgBLNbaE
>>
>>83084313
I couldn't stop thinking about how he was likely drugged and sexually abused when Singer drew him into his organized pedophilia ring
>>
>>83084071
Why do you call them Sony shills when Sony still owns Spider-Man? What would Sony shills have to benefit from when they win in the end?
>>
>>83084039
Haha, whatever senpai. At least you didn't resort to "I was merely pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: ONSLAUGHT_001.jpg (31 KB, 265x375) Image search: [Google]
ONSLAUGHT_001.jpg
31 KB, 265x375
So who's next? Mr Sinister? Think they'll ever try and put Onslaught on the screen?
>>
File: Etrigan laughs.jpg (80 KB, 395x436) Image search: [Google]
Etrigan laughs.jpg
80 KB, 395x436
>>83082013
I'm dying, holy shit this actor looks like he's having the time of his life
>>
>>83084776
I legit thought they'd go for Onslaught after X3.
>>
>>83072383
>Jubilee is in the movie for 30 seconds.
confirmed for not watching the movie
>>
>>83072895
Did you even watch the movie?
Mystique barely does anything

And Apocalypse was based. Fuck off
>>
>>83079009
yeah. just kill yourself
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.