[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey Valianters, I'm looking for a new comic to read. From
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (2 MB, 790x1200) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 790x1200
Hey Valianters, I'm looking for a new comic to read. From the reboot, I've read:

>The Valiant
>Bloodshot
>Bloodshot Reborn 1-9
>Book of Death
>The Delinquints
>Few volumes of XO Manowar
>Few volumes of Harbinger
>Few volumes of Archie and Armstrong
>Ninjak 1-6
>WRATH OF THE ETERNAL WARRIOR 1-3
>>
Imperium, Divinity and Ivar, Timewalker? It's not like there are many more titles for you to read.
>>
>>83071576
D O C T O R
M
I
R
A
G
E
>>
>>83071576

Divinity 1 first, you can read Ivar and Imperium concurrently after, then I'd read Divinity 2.

This is 100% my opinion but otherwise you'll wonder who this Divinity guy is in Imperium and why is Ivar hanging around?
>>
You're already on some of the best stuff. Bloodshot Reborn, Archer & Armstrong, Ninjak and Wrath of the Eternal Warrior are my personal faves of the company.

I'd keep reading Harbinger as well. It basically goes Harbinger > Harbinger: Omegas > Imperium > the upcoming Gen Zero & Renegades titles, as well as potentially Psi-Lords, but those aren't out yet.

You could also check out Rai & 4001 AD, it's a nice, pretty contained future-punk story and some of Crain's best artwork I've seen yet.
>>
>>83072097
>as well as potentially Psi-Lords

Surely they will come in the aftermath of 4001, no?
>>
>>83072869
We've gotten an FCBD teaser, but no mention when they announced like seven new titles. Dinesh did say Dysart was working on something and that Imperium was over but not finished, so probably in a bit.

Man some of those new books look really good.
>>
>>83072914
I am so hyped for these upcoming books. Britannia sounds dope. An psychologically rooted story about the worlds first detective in ancient rom? Sign me in!
>>
>>83071601
This
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE9_tsIo_Ds

Anyone else saw this? It's a condensed version of the summit, with added personal interviews. They give in a few more details and also some stuff about the movies is mentioned.

Those fucking movies, man, I fear they're a monkey's paw if there ever was one.
>>
>>83074337
Yeah, I've been fairly unimpressed with most of Milligan's Valiant output, but man is that a premise that just screams 'him'. I feel really good about it, especially since it's entirely it's own thing it seems.
>>
>>83075684
I don't have time to watch the video, what do you feel about the movies is a monkey paw?
>>
>>83076234
They may be good, they might be faithful, they might bring positive attention to Valiant, they might bring in readers.

Or they might be shit, they might be flops, they might make people to never take Valiant seriously ever again.
>>
>>83076195
>especially since it's entirely it's own thing it seems.

From the video above, they say after the first story, they might bring in Eternal Warrior or Ivar. I'm okay with that, I'm always down for more Ivar.
>>
>>83076518
Eh, the Anni-Padda's are more genre fiction than anything else, and can be almost seamlessly inserted into any sort of setting one can think of. Of all the ways to bring Britannia into more Valiant universe stuff, Gilly and Ivar, probably more so the former, are the least intrusive ways one could go about it.

Of course, I'd also be surprised if Aric didn't make some sort of appearance somewhere down the line.
>>
>>83076402
I'm very happy they're going for Bloodshot first. I feel if they tried XO Manowar or something closer to more traditional cape fare, it'd be risky and people might cry copycat.

With Bloodshot, and the fact that they have the John Wick director in charge lends credence to the possibility they may be doing this, they have the opportunity to do a straight up hard action movie in the vein of, say, Robocop or Dredd. That would definitely be the best way around the obscurity of the IP to the general public, and a great floor to build from.

One of my favorite things about Valiant is how despite being a shared universe, there isn't much homogeneity. You've got very distinct genre based characters and properties that work well together but truly shine in their ability to stand alone, yet alongside eachother. You really can't just write it off as 'all capeshit'
>>
>>83076782
>Robocop or Dredd

That would be fantastic, well except for Dredd's box office earnings. Best case scenario and I hope it happens.
>>
>>83077071
Dredd died due to marketing. If the partnership with Sony and DNG works out, that should be taken care of.

I wonder how they're going to specifically try to cater to the Chinese market?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.