[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I told my time remnant to let me kill him and he actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (24 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24 KB, 443x332
So I told my time remnant to let me kill him and he actually did it, the absolute madman!
>>
>>83071238
When will we get the real jay garrick and why is "garrick" the surname of Barry's grandmother?
>>
>>83071421
Find out both tomorrow!
>>
>>83071421
During the last 5 minutes tomorrow when Shipp is revealed to be behind the mask and is the real E2 Jay.
>>
>>83071238
Why did they use the retarded "time remnant" explanation again?

Why not just bully Earth-1 Hunter into doing it?
>>
Honestly a clone would be a more credible explanation
>>
>>83071238
Hey /co/, I like Zoom's TV redesign. Is the series worth checking out for him?

>inb4 it's worth checking out but Zoom is shit
>>
File: Zoom Merry Christmas.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Zoom Merry Christmas.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>83073630
It's worth checking out, but Zoom is mediocre or less aside from Enter Zoom.
>>
>>83073648
That's cool to hear. Shame about Zoom being mediocre though.
>>
>>83073630
I wouldn't call him shit, but Zoom gets really mediocre once they start revealing his backstory.
>>
>>83071238
THIS IS WHY I.... WILL BEAT..... YOU, FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>83073728
Part of the problem is that a lot of Zoom's schtick this season has been a rehash of Eobard's schtick last season. A trusted ally of the Flash is secretly a villain who has assumed a false identity in order to get close to Barry.
>>
>>83073782
Yeah. This made me lose interest in this show. I'll stay to finish the season but I won't be back for season 3 when the Black Racer is revealed to be Joe West who secretly raised Barry in order to steal his speed when he grew up
>>
>>83073782
Is there a particularly sound reason why Zoom is doing this though?

I've heard spoilers of Reverse Flash having similar motivations in the comics so at least that's pretty cool on the front, but given how Zoom was originally a Wally villain it sounds like the writers just don't know how to handle him especially since the main reason why Zoom even did the things he did was so Wally would recognize his "negligence" of what happened to Zoom under the pretense of turning him into a better hero.
>>
>>83073306
>Why did they use the retarded "time remnant" explanation again?
Because they realized what they did made no sense but the original writer for the episode who fucked up and had Zoom kill Jay directly couldn't figure out an answer so the next episode's writer winged it and then just hoped everyone would forget.

It was either a dropped plot thread or an outright mistake. If you'll recall when Zoom brought "Jay's" body back he took off his mask, looked at his own corpse, and said "...Well that's a complication." Which makes no sense if killing his time remnant was always the plan.

Also, the whole reason Barry had a time remnant when he went back to talk to Thawne was because he time traveled wrong and that's why the wraith was after him. The other times he's simply replaced his previous self, so why isn't a time wraith after Hunter?
>>
>>83074094
Not really. He plays a hero because it gives people hope and then he robs then of it as a villain. Basically he's just a dick
>>
>>83074094
>Is there a particularly sound reason why Zoom is doing this though?
It's fuzzy but the general idea the audience has been given is that:
-Hunter was given speed in E-2 by the particle accelerator
-He kidnapped the real Jay Garrick and pretended to be The Flash and fought his own alter-ego Zoom
-He convinced E-2 Wells to make him a serum to give him more power so that he could "defeat Zoom"; the serum gave him more speed but also gave him speed-cancer
-He's stealing speed from speedsters in the multiverse to cure his speed-cancer and get MORE POWUR
>>
>>83074298
>speed-cancer and get MORE POWUR
Holy shit what the fuck. I seriously hope there's more to it in the finale.

>>83074252
Sounds like it.
>>
>>83074349
>I seriously hope there's more to it in the finale.
There isn't, his motivation is to cure his speed cancer (he did that already) and be a stronk asshole destroying worlds.
>>
File: Joker-face.jpg (91 KB, 599x631) Image search: [Google]
Joker-face.jpg
91 KB, 599x631
>>83074199
>The original writer fucked up and couldn't figure out an answer
>So the next writer winged it and hoped everyone would forget

Just like my DC comics!
>>
>>83074085
>This made me lose interest in this show

A sentence which, pertaining to this show, is repeated many times across the USA daily, I am sure.
>>
>>83074199
I assumed from the start that the "complication" was Barry closing the rifts, not the dead body.
>>
>>83074085
I think they learned not to do the same plot again for the Season 3 villain. Were the rumors that it was going to be Cicada confirmed?
>>
>>83074522
And even if that's the case the last episode showed Zoom can tear open breaches himself. Which only raises further questions unless they hand wave it as some bizarre synergy with the resonator that was active at the time.
>>
>>83074514
It's like pottery
>>
>>83074602
He can do it now that he has Barry's speed.
>>
File: cisco oh this is good.jpg (13 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
cisco oh this is good.jpg
13 KB, 480x320
>>83071421
>>83073006

I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen.
>>
>>83073767
I really hope they have Barry call him out on the voice.

"Dude, we're alone, and I know who you are? Why are you still doing the voice? It's not even scary when I know the guy behind it looks like he probably was an Abercrombie model five years ago."
>>
>>83074094
He was dying.
>>
>>83074199
All of this is wrong.
>>
>>83074094
If you mean the world domination it is "cause I can". With great power comes great responsibility to be a dick.
>>
File: iRXhwlp.jpg (58 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
iRXhwlp.jpg
58 KB, 1366x768
>>83071421
I'm Jay Garrick, yes I'm the real Garrick
All you other Jay Garricks are just imitating
So won't the real Jay Garrick, please stand up,
Please stand up,
Please stand up
>>
>>83077027
>He was dying.
If it was portrayed well enough then I might not actually mind this. But so far it just seems like he's all about "MUH SPEED" and that's about it.
>>
>>83074522
>>83074199
Wasn't the metal mask man freaking out seeing Jay's dead body?

I need to rewatch to recheck.
>>
>>83078541
Yes.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.