[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just finished marathoning rick and morty what does this mea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1080
just finished marathoning rick and morty

what does this mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcgdepu7zvo
>>
it means
HA HA FUCK YOU, WAIT TILL SEASON 3!!!
>>
I wonder if all Mortys are actually intelligent or this one was an abnormally. Can't really decide which concept I like better
>>
>>83065299
I think it's that some mortys have the potential to become smart, their rick just needs to care enough to try to teach them
>>
>>83065223
what if they dont do it in season 3
>>
Infinite timelines and possibilities. That includes a reality where Morty is a genius
>>
That Morty is our Rick's original Morty. He's done the whole "jumping Universes" thing before. Rick tells Morty that a morty that gets too big for its britches isn't a good thing and he'll tell him about it later. When Rick is getting his memory dumped, he has a memory of holding a baby Morty. The baby Morty in the memory can't be the same Morty we know because Rick was gone from the family for 14 years, which means he couldn't have possibly been present for Morty's birth.
>>
There's also a picture in Birdperson's house (Nest? Dwelling? Whatevs) That shows a young Morty, and Morty asks who the picture is of.
>>
>>83065664
Not necessarily, since Birdperson had a picture of Rick with Morty as a baby.
>>
>>83065664
so this is a morty that rick started taking out into the universe since a very young age, teaching him shit? and that's why this morty is so smart at this age compared to the other mortys?
>>
>>83065722
What part of "infinite possibilities" don't you get?
>>
>>83065740
ah well then fuck you too
>>
>>83065722
Yes. Evil Morty grew up with Rick and something went wrong, making him feel abandoned. That's why he framed "our" particular Rick. There's even a part in the intro where Rick Dives into a portal, Morty trips, and the portal closes.
>>
>>83066184
all this cross dimension lore shit is hurting my brain
>>
>>83065063
I love this red herring with stupid Rick so much.
>>
>>83065693
>Not necessarily, since Birdperson had a picture of Rick with Morty as a baby.
Anon. Did you read his post? Your lack of reading comprehension scares me.
>>
>>83065063
I don't think they had anything specific in mind when they made that bit. They probably just went

>hey, you know what would be a cool twist at the very end of the episode? If the evil Rick, the main villain of the episode, was actually just a puppet controlled by his Morty

>holy shit that sounds awesome, write it down, write it down!

they might revisit the character in the future because fans won't shut up about it, but I doubt they had any real long-term-plans with this.
>>
it's literally meaningless you dullards

>>83068106 has it right
>>
>>83068106
>>83068162
yea, keep being full of shit, you no funners
>>
File: images (7).jpg (6 KB, 265x202) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
6 KB, 265x202
>>83066184
>>83066277
>>83065722
>>83065664
Niggas, this is headcanon and theory. Calm the fuck up.
>>
>>83068106
>>83068162
Nigga do you even Rick and Morty? The show is one of the absolute best when it comes to continuity and long-term setups/payoffs.
>>
>>83065334
Or that all Morty's have the potential to be evil/smart enough to exploit the timelines.
>>
>>83068106
>>83068162
they wouldn't have given such a based ass song if it didnt mean anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2nLOU6h-LQ

we're lead to believe ALL, EVERY SINGLE ONE morty is supposed to be stupid yet this anomaly exists
>>
>>83068642
>The show is one of the absolute best when it comes to continuity and long-term setups/payoffs.
How? It's had two seasons and none of the episodes have had any kind of continuity except for the two AU TV clipshow ones and any where Rick tangles with the government.
>>
>>83068642
for some reason I have my doubts that Justin Roiland is that kind of grand chessmaster.

I mean, if I produced a tv show and had this really big and and elaborate masterplan, I would try to scatter hints towards it whenever I could instead of leaving it at a single post-credit-scene.
>>
>>83065299
Infinity is weird to think about. Same with infinite dimensions.

Let's say there is at least one genius Morty that surpasses the Ricks we know.

Well, that means there are infinite genius Mortys. Even though this show's universe operates within a "local probability curve" where the average Rick is smarter than the average Morty, there are infinite variations of that "Morty is super smart" universe where all that's different is an alien 3000 light years away didn't sneeze last Tuesday or something.

There is no such thing as an abnormality when your sample size is infinite. There are just possibilities.
>>
>>83070547
in the comic there was a dimension in which Morty was the smart cientist and Rick was the sidekick, but having the same abusive relationship inverted, made that rick kill his Morty.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.