[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3D printed logos and trinkets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 3DPrint.jpg (56 KB, 810x456) Image search: [Google]
3DPrint.jpg
56 KB, 810x456
So /co/, I've been thinking of making and selling 3D printed logos 'n shit from various things (games, comics), but I have no idea what people would want. Or where I'd sell them. Any suggestions on either of those? I know people buy shirts/mugs/etc. with logos on them, and this seems like the most relevant board, so I figured I might as well give this a go and see where it leads.
>>
Also, is this board really so fast that this thread dropped off within 15 minutes? I wasn't paying attention and when I came back it already 404d.
>>
>>83062958
Etsy is pretty much your best bet for a place to sell your shit.
>>
Batman, Superrman, GL, WW, Aquaman all have logos that look fine when monochromatic. So you could just look for various popular heroes/villains/characters that have logos and 3D print those, then sell them online or something
>>
>>83062958
/diy/ i think would be a good board to ask about this sort of stuff

etsy is also a good place to look for
>>
>>83062958
Disney will hunt you down and send you to re-education camps.
>>
>>83062958
try /diy/ or maybe /toy/
>>
File: LotsOfBats.jpg (215 KB, 1246x650) Image search: [Google]
LotsOfBats.jpg
215 KB, 1246x650
>>83063111
>>83063149
I've considered Etsy, but I don't like how they take 20c/listing and listings expire. I get they have to get their cut, but they take one before the item's even sold, and it costs nothing to list it for them - so why do that?

/diy/, I dunno, it seems like this wouldn't be super on-topic there. There's a 3D printing thread, but I don't want to be That Guy who just advertises his shit.

>>83063200
But Anon, how would you explain pic related, then? I get that copyright law is A Thing, but there seems to be SHITTONS of things that use the logos and they're fairly widespread.
>>
>>83063325
>copyright law
The mouse doesn't care! The mouse IS the law.
PIXAR, Star Wars, MCU, etc.
It's theirs and NOTHING says otherwise. Those that are not theirs WILL BE DESTROYED.

Well, you can always go live in China and sell your stuff while over there. Apparently the mouse's power doesn't work over there.
>>
>>83063462
I am genuinely having issues interpreting what you're saying.

Yeah, I get Disney and Co. has a copyright and all that jazz, but if there's SO MUCH paraphernalia/merchandise that's not officially licensed, they come off as... well, pretty lenient.

And plus, I'm not planning on injection molding this stuff or anything, just small batches. A few a week or something.
>>
>>83063541
Sorry. So, you are a merchandising ignoramus.

ALL logos are protected by copyright laws as registered by its owners.

-- DC and all related indicia are owned and registered trademark of Time-Warner.
-- Dark Horse by Dar Horse Productions
-- Dreamworks animations are owned and registered by Dreamworks SKG.
-- etc, etc, etc.

You have to apply to the respective owners/companies for permission to sell products they own and have registered. Everything that is marketed without permission is a IS called counterfeit item (not a genuine item for the market) and illegal and punishable not only by fines BUT also by imprisonment.

Go read about marketing law before selling stuff you make! 4Chan -- especially /co/ -- is not the place to ask for Econ 101.

China ignores counterfeiting laws of any kind.

How old are you that you know shit about the term *registered trademark*?
>>
>>83063939
>Sorry. So, you are a merchandising ignoramus.
Absolutely, yes, no contest here.

>ALL logos are protected by copyright laws as registered by its owners.
Understood.

>punishable not only by fines BUT also by imprisonment.
Fuck. But again, this brings up the issue of "what about all these other chucklefucks that are making shit with Logo X on it?"

>How old are you that you know shit about the term *registered trademark*?
I do, I just have never encountered this side of it (the whole "selling shit" part).

I mean, this happens at cons all the time, and from what I've heard, the police don't raid it and lock someone up after every con because of selling "counterfeit" merchandise - right?

I get the laws and what's happening is technically (well, not technically, it IS) illegal, but how the hell are so many people getting away with it and not being fined/imprisoned/etc. is what's confusing me mostly.
>>
File: 20160215_231945.jpg (73 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
20160215_231945.jpg
73 KB, 480x640
Dammit, you simpleton.

It's "3d printed logo bricks", not "3d printed logos".
>>
File: 20160523_040958.jpg (83 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
20160523_040958.jpg
83 KB, 480x640
Here is one a friend made on a cheaper unit. Please ignore my shitty attempt at painting it. It looked better before. It is pretty small, a little bigger than a quarter in diameter.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
Something I wondered: If your intention is to make casts of the print anyway, would it be simpler and cheaper to make the moulds directly with a CNC machine?
>>
>>83064920
Neat. Can't tell what it is, though.

>>83065007
Yes. Depending on material, though - if you're making steel molds, i.e. for high-volume parts, you can't cast those and NEED to CNC them. If it's just a few dozen or hundred or so you could probably use an epoxy/resin/rubber/etc. mold.
>>
>>83062958

Learn to cast with silicon and epoxy.

Make a silicon mold of your cleaned print and cast using epoxy resin with a filler.

Filaments expensive yo
>>
>>83063325

I...Need that Batman cooking cutter.
>>
>>83066312
>filament's expensive
Er... not really. Or at least not the filament I use. It's $20/kg, and if something only weighs a few grams I can make literally hundreds per roll. And casting is more time-intensive and suited for mass production/larger parts as well.

>>83066463
How much do you want to bet it's priced 2-3 times what it should be?
>>
In my engineering club, I used a 3d printer, so if you have any questions I'll help the best I can.
>>
This board is pretty fast, try going over to /diy/ or /toy/
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.