[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was looking at my pull list and holy shit do a ton of Image
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
I was looking at my pull list and holy shit do a ton of Image books just peter out and die. Mind you, I'm not talking about books that come to and end or get canceled, I'm talking about books that lead you to believe another issue is coming, and then it just fucking doesn't.

>Li'l Depressed Boy
>Rocket Girl
>Peter Panzerfaust
>Bedlam
>Copperhead

The longevity of Image books is fucking atrocious. It's at a point where if it isn't a Kirkman book and isn't called Saga I doubt it's going to last more than two years.

I'm sure there are ton that I'm not aware of. What's your favorite Image book that faded into the ether?
>>
I like Li'l Depressed boy

I read Manifest Destiny, Birthright, Decender, Renato Jones, and Island.

I guess i'm only worried about Island getting canned.
>>
>>83062720
>What's your favorite Image book that faded into the ether?

Orc Stain

At Image the creators actually front the money, Image just publishes it and takes a small percent of sales. So if something isn't selling then the creators are losing money on it.
>>
Southern Bastards is the closest thing like that that I read from image.

.... then six months later another issue came out
>>
>>83062720
Now I'm wondering how many ended series I've just forgotten about because I stopped seeing new issues.

I can be very "out of sight, out of mind" about comics when they aren't the core handful I actively wait on... Descender or something else that I'm only casually into could stop coming out and I might just never have any idea until I'm reminded of it six months later.

>>83063878
I wonder if that has anything to do with how so many Image books take months off between arcs.
>>
>>83062720
>>Peter Panzerfaust
Work started on the final two issues.
>>
>>83064304
>take months off between arcs

That's mostly so creators can get a head start on the next arc or pursue small side projects. Like in between the first and second Pretty Deadly collection Emma Rios did a comic in Island as well as being the co-editor of the magazine
>>
>>83064178
Manifest Destiny did the same, with new issue finally coming out after waiting since October
>>
>>83063878
This is wrong, Image pays for printing, the creators can't lose money.
>>
>>83064326
Seriously? That's awesome if true.
>>
>>83065331
Sauce: the creators' Twitter.

Tyler Jenkins had to finish Snow Blind first.
>>
File: Black Magick 003-008.jpg (107 KB, 664x532) Image search: [Google]
Black Magick 003-008.jpg
107 KB, 664x532
>start reading Black Magick
>really enjoy it
>Rucka brings in Nicola Scott for his Wonder Woman run
>lol see you guys in a year
>>
Nonplayer took something like 4 years between issue 1 and 2. Issue 3 hasn't come out

But yes the schedule is the worst thing about Image comics. I understand that they may not be able to be monthly or whatever but set the schedule accordingly and let people know, you useless fucking mongs.
>>
>>83065653
>Their WW arc is "Year One"
>Black Magick may return to shelves a year from now
POTTERY
>>
>>83062720
Fuck Peter Panzerfaust
I got the hardcover first ten issues and the second one was cancelled and now its going to end at 25? it will never be collected right
>>
>>83062825
anon when they changed to staples it was already over

not even furfag blood money could save island
>>
mine are orc stain and bedlam
fell too but I'm sure that's never getting finished because ellis is a bitch
nowhere men used to be on there but that came back after like 4 years
>>
>>83066596
Holy fuck how did I not know that Nowhere men is back?
>>
>>83067204
>fell too but I'm sure that's never getting finished because ellis is a bitch
Same case with Trees.

>nowhere men used to be on there but that came back after like 4 years
>>83067204
Delays still happen.
>>
>>83062720
What happened to Rasputin? Did it end? I remember liking it a lot and then it went on a short hiatus and the next arc was supposed to be present day and it sounded kinda boring and I didn't follow it.
>>
>>83062720
The dirty secret about Image books are, most writers/artists tend to treat them as a stepping stone to another industry. It sucks for the readers, but when you realise these are books that probably peak at 10k readers, versus getting writing work on a TV show that hits millions, kinda obvious which one you'd go with.
>>
>>83062720
For me, it's just that after a certain time, I literally forget the book even exists because they don't actually have a story that keeps me interested.

I know it's going to happen soon when I read a new issue and go
>wait, wtf happened last issue?

I was something like eighteen issues into Revival and poof, suddenly six months go by before I even realized I hadn't been reading it.
>>
>>83067798
Most use Image to get their name out there then leech off the big two for a couple of years and make a name for themselves and then return to Image to make a series they can sell the right of to tv or hollywood.
>>
File: Faction_Paradox_01_cover.jpg (40 KB, 300x467) Image search: [Google]
Faction_Paradox_01_cover.jpg
40 KB, 300x467
I really wish Faction Paradox hadn't ended after two issues. The franchise might still go on in other ways but there never has been a resolution to this particular story
>>
Jim Shooter was right all along.
>>
>>83067762
Alex Grecian is into novels recently. However, Riley Rossmo isn't on any series currently.

>>83067864
>The franchise might still go on in other ways
It's primarily a Doctor Who spin-off novel franchise, with multiple authors.
>>
>>83062720
Rebels went through the same thing. An "ongoing" that lasted 10 months.

Image would be beating DC if they'd start releasing stuff on a monthly schedule instead of "whenever the writer/artist feels like it until the attempt at a movie deal falls through and then they just abandon it".
>>
>>83068154
that was actually selling great and wood was passionate about it don't know why they ended it
>>
Cooperhead is building up enough issues before getting back to monthly schedule.

https://twitter.com/JayFaerber/status/730473687262994432

It's no surprise since Image doesn't green light solicitations anymore for monthly stuff until there are a minimum of three issues ready in the can, ergo, creators don't jump the gun and end up with unfinished series.
>>
>>83062720
>I was looking at my pull list and holy shit do a ton of Image books just peter out and die
I like this feature because it lets me pad my pull and rack up discounts since my LCS has a tiered % based system based on how many titles you're pulling.
>>
>>83064654
They can however make nothing. Image takes it's share first. It's not a bad system if your shit it popular, because the lion's share is yours, but if you aren't selling enough to cover the companies share then you get ziltch.
>>
>>83063878
Orc Stain is probably my favorite comic, ever. I refuse to give up, but I wish Stokoe would get rolling. Seems like the freedom that makes me love certain Image comics also results in them never coming out.
>>
>>83069777
he's doing enough issues to finish the second trade and said he was almost ready with 2 of them
this was almost a year ago by now
he has posted like 3/4th of the next issue online though
>>
>>83068308
>Copperhead is building up enough issues before getting back to monthly schedule.
Same with Miracleman The Silver Age (complete series).

Expect the finale of Peter Panzerfaust to be released this fall, and East of West to take a break after issue #30.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.