[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I was just thinking... Iron Man supposedly designed this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: civil-war-spider-man-salute.jpg (49 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
civil-war-spider-man-salute.jpg
49 KB, 1200x630
So, I was just thinking... Iron Man supposedly designed this suit without Peter's input, but it doesn't look like anything else he's ever designed, or even much like Peter's first costume.
What do you think something closer to the other Iron Man suits would have looked like?
>>
>>83061562
Probably like the one he designed for him in the comic book version of Civil War.
>>
File: Iron_Spider.png (2 MB, 1910x2491) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Spider.png
2 MB, 1910x2491
For the record, the Iron Spider was one of the dumber things Marvel has done.
>>
>>83061669
nope
>>
>>83061584
>>83061669
It would probably at least be red, blue and black.
>>
>>83061562
>it doesn't look like anything else he's ever designed
of course not
but the mcu has a trend that almost everything that shows up must be credited to iron man one way or another
im just impressed the web shooters were peter's idea
>>
>>83061669
I like it but the three legs thing always irked me
>>
I've never understood why Spider Man, of all people, would need or want a powersuit. It seems completely contrary to his fighting style.
>>
>>83061899
Spiders only have eight legs. Pete already has two arms and two legs. Three makes seven.

You know what the eighth one is.
>>
File: Roger Plunger Penis.gif (351 KB, 720x403) Image search: [Google]
Roger Plunger Penis.gif
351 KB, 720x403
>>83062220
FINALLY someone on /co/ can do math.
>>
>>83061989
You have to remember: Even with all his agility and durability, getting hit still hurts like a bitch. And if you can throw some extra helpful gadgets in, why not?

Although honestly MCU Spidey's suit didn't seem to have much padding or extra gadgets...
>>
>>83061562
>Iron Man supposedly designed this suit without Peter's input
How do we know that? Peter was already wearing a homemade suit that had similar colors. Wouldn't be out of character for Peter to have sketched out an "ideal" spider suit and Tony might have just gone off of that.
>>
>>83064297
does he have different type of webbings? he should have a tacticool belt
it makes sense
>>
>>83061562
>without Peter's input
source?
>>
File: 1373775170464.png (75 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1373775170464.png
75 KB, 983x1013
>>83062220
Nice
>>
>>83061669
>dumber
Sure, if by dumber you mean totally kickass and fitting. Plus it actually played a role in the plot. Iirc Peter found out that Tony was using it to spy on him and that played a big role in Peter defecting to Cap's side.
>>
>>83061562
>Iron Man supposedly designed this suit without Peter's input

....says who? That isn't even hinted at in the movie.
>>
>>83061562
>or even much like Peter's first costume.

Anon, you might be visually impaired. You should really get your eyes checked.
>>
File: spider-boner.jpg (42 KB, 740x452) Image search: [Google]
spider-boner.jpg
42 KB, 740x452
>>83062220

Ayyy
>>
File: 1217359-spider_man2[1].jpg (403 KB, 1280x2010) Image search: [Google]
1217359-spider_man2[1].jpg
403 KB, 1280x2010
>>83066307
Yeah, and Tony gave him the push further to defect by shutting the suit down and locking him into place so people could beat the shit out of him, leading to one of the iconic panels of the entire event.
>>
>>83061562
I don't think it was entirely designed without Peter's input. We get a glimpse of his original red/blue costume, Peter shows Tony his webshooters and explains that he needs lenses to focus.
>>
You realize that all the gadgets/outfits the Avengers had in AoU were also designed by Tony, right?

Not everything he designs is a power suit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.