[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC REBIRTH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 500x283
DC Rebirth Speculation discussion thread

Spoilers are a social construct
>>
>>83054603

They'll reboot as an excuse to create more gender-sensitive non-white characters, and wonder why nobody's buying their titles. Then they'll pretend it was just a grand storyline arc a few weeks from now and go back to normal.
>>
File: nothingendsthumb.jpg (42 KB, 250x392) Image search: [Google]
nothingendsthumb.jpg
42 KB, 250x392
>>83055836
>>
watchmen are now part of the universe and dr manhattan is the one rebooting everything all the time

dropped forever, good riddance DC
>>
>>83054603
>prime time
You do realize SBP is nowhere to be found in the one-shot, right?
>>
File: please rape my childhood.jpg (25 KB, 261x392) Image search: [Google]
please rape my childhood.jpg
25 KB, 261x392
>>83055836
>>
>>83055971
yes, something that won't even affect most of the comics will lead you to drop everything. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>83055994

yeah but gone this far
>>
>>83056024

>nitpicking the flavour of the bread in a shit sandwich

It's pretty indicative of DC comics these days. No need for original ideas if you can rehash old shit. People like you will always buy them.
>>
>>83055971
see ya

>>83055994
>implying he wasn't new 52 Superman all along

I still believe
>>
>>83054603
remind me /co/: during the midnight release stuff, are we only getting Rebirth #1 or are the main JL titles coming out this week too?
>>
>>83056540
DC books are always all up on Comixology at midnight PST and I don't see how they could police stores from selling their stock anyway
>>
Who the fuck is N52 Superman?

What the fuck are they going to do? Are they bringing back the old continuity for real or are they just going to do some half-assed shit like the reboot was? It seems to me that both continuities are unreconciliable at this point, they're just trying to have their cake and eat it too like they did with New 52
>>
Why did manhattan dropped the Comedian's pin on the batcave?
Why does he even have it to begin with?
Why is Batman's arm drawn large mchuge liefeld style in that panel?
MYSTERIES ALL OVER THE PLACE
>>
>>83058475
It's Kal-L being reborn.
>>
>>83054603
>MFW Flip Fag
>MFW I get this comic 10 hours earlier than you fags who don't own an LCS

for once being a dirty monkey that lives in a terrible country has worked for me.
>>
>>83058741
tldr;
Watchmen the Movie is to blame for everything sucking. It's Meta-Commentary
>>
>>83059064
This is the best answer but I'd accept Mon-El too I think.
>>
>>83058475

I'm more curious about who Lois really is
>>
>>83059584
That's why the Kal-L theory works, just make it Lois-Two
>>
>>83059064
>>83059584
So Perry, Jimmy and everyone in the Superman supporting cast are still their Pre-Flashpoint versions but de-aged?
>>
>tfw desperately wanted to avoid spoilers
>tfw accidentally saw the Watchmen smiley page and saw Dr Manhattan on threads with "Rebirth" in the title

god fucking damnit, guys

I suppose I can only blame myself. Hell, I usually don't even give a shit about spoilers for TV/movies, but this kind of hurt. Oh well. At least, excluding the official preview and 1-2 pages, that's still 65+ pages of Rebirth goodness for 2.99.
>>
>>83059960
It's the opposite for me. I usually avoid spoilers for TV and movies (to the point where I don't even watch trailers) but I needed to know here because I'm so emotionally invested. Can't take that surprise of being disappointed yet again.

Also I would suggest not being here until the storytime if you really want to avoid spoilers.
>>
Cry for Justice and Rise of the Arsenal erased from existence.
Pls.
>>
If memories are going to come up again, then does that mean that what Pre-Flashpoint characters lived in Convergence is going to count as part of their history?
>>
File: based didio2.jpg (237 KB, 600x817) Image search: [Google]
based didio2.jpg
237 KB, 600x817
>>83060205
>

>>83060375
Wally only seems to remember up to Flashpoint so I doubt it
>>
>>83060205
Roy still has two arms and no Lian
>>
File: RebirthLetteredPreview.jpg (3 MB, 4680x1200) Image search: [Google]
RebirthLetteredPreview.jpg
3 MB, 4680x1200
>>83059277
This is what you get for the continued existence of the Win-O'.

Again, DC Universe Rebirth lettered preview for those who missed.
>>
File: Rebirth_checklist_UpdAug.jpg (3 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
Rebirth_checklist_UpdAug.jpg
3 MB, 1200x4800
Checklist.

The latest Rebirth-related preview (with Geoff Johns): https://www.inverse.com/article/15992-dc-s-first-rebirth-comic-attacks-new-52-changes-regains-lost-heroes
>>
>>83061530
But he doesn't have loving relationship with Cheshire! New 52 ruined everything!
>>
>>83061658
>preview
interview*
>>
>>83061735
Cheshire is such shit

She's best when under Simone because Simone shits on her relentlessly
>>
>>83061658
wait hold up

before i post something serious:

did the covers get updated with the new logo, or did you update them yourself? goddang nerd. good dedication either way.
>>
File: rebirthchecklist.jpg (1 MB, 1200x4800) Image search: [Google]
rebirthchecklist.jpg
1 MB, 1200x4800
I mean, realistically, I'm going to look at everything besides Harley Quinn, Titans, RHaTO and probably Batman Beyond.

Greens are definite looky-loos, maybe even first day floppy buys. Yellows are maybes: I think that Rebirth is opening up so many opportunities that it'd be a mistake to not temporarily forgive a few of the disappointing writers. There are also people like Abnett and Seeley who are, while not bad, aren't "exciting" enough to warrant a green.

But yeah. I'll forever be hyped for King's Batman.
>>
>>83062337
>But yeah. I'll forever be hyped for King's Batman.
No he is cancer .
>>
>>83062052
>did the covers get updated with the new logo, or did you update them yourself?
I got rid of the older DC logos
>>
>>83056233
>>83056233
Fuck you, cockface. An iconic villain, around since the dawn of the medium, is revealed to have been three separate, secret people and you cry "unoriginal."

Pitch an idea you think is "original." Right now.
>>
>>83062337
I'm a big enough characterfag that I might read Titans now.

I hate myself. I deserve Booth at this rate.
>>
>>83062337
who the fuck is John Semper Jr? And they're really pushing Cyborg huh, then again they tried testing the waters for Martian Manhunter again and he actually sold less than Cyborg IIRC.
>>
>>83062497
At least you don't have Lobdell anymore.
>>83062881
He worked on some cartoons.
>>
>>83062967
Jason-Fags are cancer and deserve Lobdell ;)
>>
>>83063004
Who the fuck said anything about Red Hood? Lobdell wrote Titans for so long.
>>
Atom solo book when?
>>
>>83062967
ah, it seems he was mostly doing editor work though, how would that translate to writing a book?
>>
>>83063039
well if you read the Rebirth spoilers Ryan Choi is back so they could do a teamup like the Convergence mini I guess
>>
File: Ci5fBAIU4AIKfIB[1].jpg (200 KB, 712x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ci5fBAIU4AIKfIB[1].jpg
200 KB, 712x1080
Batman/Superman #33 (cancelled) cover by Yanick Paquette
>>
>>83063070
Who knows, maybe he'll write interesting stories.
>>83063088
DAY VS NIGHT
>>
>Superhusbando still in source wall
>Cowgirl not back and with Hal
>Jade not back
>Tim not killed off
>Jessica is not power ring because writers couldn't be interesting with it
>Still not back to Captain Marvel
>MM not on the league
It's all still shit.
>>
>>83063236
Jade could be back actually.

>caring about Cowgirl

Jesus man
>>
The tagline "It wasn't a reboot" and "it never was".
Where did that came from?
Some announcement speech?
>>
>>83063276
Literally better than Carol in everyway.
They should have benched that cunt when Cowgirl got the ring.
>>
WHERE
THE
FUCK
IS
BOOSTER
>>
File: 1425878746048.png (182 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1425878746048.png
182 KB, 500x381
>>83063450

He's gone until we get close to that movie.
>>
>>83063369
Johns tweeted it.
>>
I'm just glad i stopped buying floppies before this fucking mess.
>>
Assuming the backlash against the watchmen being used is big, how long until they use Reverse Flash as the real big bad?

I mean, it kind of makes sense given how Geoff used Zoom: the idea that he would fuck up EVERYONE'S lives via using time travel to kill off or ruin the lives of anyone and everyone who was a hero (or a villain that pissed Zoom off for some reason or another).
>>
>>83063577
Did they ever flesh out Thawne in flash?
Last I read was when they showed grodd eating his brain or whatever.
Or is his past still a secret. Cause he pretty much seemed the same.
>>
>>83063450
probably in Blue Beetle
>>
File: blue-beetle-now-kiss.jpg (310 KB, 484x412) Image search: [Google]
blue-beetle-now-kiss.jpg
310 KB, 484x412
>>83063658
lewd
>>
File: booster gold y blu beetle.jpg (471 KB, 1113x1600) Image search: [Google]
booster gold y blu beetle.jpg
471 KB, 1113x1600
>>83063508
>tfw movie has Kooey Kooey Kooey
>tfw every five minutes we see background explosion and hear CHOCOS!
>tfw whole movie is Booster and Beetle running away from angry capes
>>
>>83063577

I think it's going to work for them. There will be people saying they will boycott DC but they won't. None of the Before Watchmen issues sold under 40,000 and did great in trades even though people moaned about that
>>
They tricked me with New 52, it's not going to happen again
>>
File: 373685._SX640_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg (56 KB, 640x984) Image search: [Google]
373685._SX640_QL80_TTD_[1].jpg
56 KB, 640x984
Possibly the new logo for Detective Comics.

Sauce: comiXology (DC logo change is now in effect there)
>>
>>83063887

I didn't know books were getting new logos. Are all of them?
>>
>>83063887
Neat. I guess blue is because of Rebirth? Or old logo also had blue. I'm not much of Batfag, sorry to say.
>>
>>83063905
DC Universe Rebirth special is the first and starting next week the new DC logo can be seen on the covers of its floppies.
>>
>>83061629
I swear to god, that is Geoff attempting to absolve himself from editorial over handling via dialogue with Wally. Interesting.
>>
As someone with only really a faint knowledge of the DC universe (mostly from random storytimes from silver/bronze and a few 80's/90's stuff and cartoons) what do you guys think would be some nice books to read? Know they are not out yet but was just wondering if anyone have any opinions yet.
>>
>>83064204

All Bat books sound great honestly. From the main Batman title, to Nightwing, even Batgirl sounds good since is now going to be a Birds of Prey book.
I'm willing to give everything a chance, except Green Lantern. I can't believe Geoff is letting his baby have the worst book of all DC
>>
>>83064353
Lobdell is still worse than Venditti.
>>
>>83064353
Ok will take a look at the bat stuff. Anything I should know before reading the first issue (planning on reading the special if that's all I really need to know).

Actually been having fun reading the Wally threads. Read CoIE and had a blast even if I didn't know 80% of the people there.
>>
>>83064428
Not really, no. You know who Batman is, you know who is Tim, you know who's Batwoman. You're good to go.
And check out Deathstroke.
>>
>>83062881

Martian Manhunter's started outselling Cyborg the past couple of months.

Although that's less to do with either character's popularity than it is that people are sticking with MM because they're still invested in the writer's story, while Cyborg's writer fucked off to Marvel in the middle of his story and the books just filler while waiting for Rebirth.
>>
>>83064548
Outside of knowing Batwoman is a lesbian I honestly have no clue about her. As for Tim I really just know him as the 3rd Robbin and that's about it for him. I do know Damian is Bat's son but have no real idea on that.
>>
>>83064648
Well, that's all you have to know, really. Oh, and Detective Comics will have two girls that were Batgirls in previous continuity and Clayface who's good now.
>>
>>83064688
Ok just making sure. I mean I know I can just jump in any time but I tend to like asking for minor knowledge just to help me out.

So Clayface is a female now? Weird but alright. Batgirl is still Barbara? Heard she was paralyzed but got better I guess.
>>
>>83063731
Source on this page? I really wanna start reading about these two and I don't know where to start.
>>
>>83060205
I'm always constantly surprised to find people caring about Roy Harper.
>>
>>83064754
Nah, Clayface appeared in Batwoman's book near end and became good.
Yep, Batgirl is still Barbara, she was crippled before her first issue or something but got better. I didn't really read her comic.
>>83064780
That would be Booster Gold vol 2 #34, or something if my google-fu isn't lying. First, you have to read Justice League International, then move on to Booster's book.
>>
>>83064867
No problem. As I said my knowledge of the DCU is really off hand. Was going to get into it with New 52 but that turned out to be a failure on them so I didn't really touch anything. With Rebirth they seem to understand their failure and going to try to fix what went wrong. So this seem like a nice place to start.
>>
>>83058741
Pandora's the one who dropped the hint, I'm guessing.
>>
>>83064939
>Was going to get into it with New 52 but that turned out to be a failure
How come? What did you try?
>>
>>83064983
Earth 2...
>>
As I keep saying if they are trying to say that writers misunderstanding watchmen is to blame for the current problems wouldent it make more sense to have somebody from outside both universes be responsible to represent those writers.

As is its almost like they are saying the changes watchmen caused to comics were intentional.
>>
>>83065008
Oh, shit. Sorry to hear that. Earth 2 was OK until it suddenly stopped.
>>
You know I have always been pretty anti piracy as long as it's available for digital purchase I will pay for something before reading it.

I am reluctent to pay for this rebirth special even with it being fairly cheap.
>>
>>83065081
I enjoyed the first 30(?) issues when it was just the new team. But it felt like DC needed the A team in it for some reason and what was meant to be the main team was put to the side.
>>
>>83065155
Writer changed and whatnot. Old writer didn't want to use Batman and Superman. New writer wanted and it dragged down whole book down.
>>
>>83064204

Wonder Woman is probably going to be the most New reader friendly as half of it is going to be "Year One" and it' actually got a good writer
>>
>>83065173
And how about the Abnett run so far?
>>
>>83065210
It's good, desu. Right writer at right time.
>>
>>83065173
Yeah I know. Just hate how they set something up only to go "yeah nope" and just introduce Bat's and Supes. If I wanted them I would have read one of their own books.
>>83065206
I'll take a look. Any other that might be newbie friendly?
>>
Is there a book that is mostly Batman, Alfred, Gordon and some other minor character? Getting a little too fatigued by the extended batfamily
>>
>>83065306
>I'll take a look. Any other that might be newbie friendly?
Just pick Rebirth issues of characters you might think you'll like. Everything should be explained there, I think.
>>83065355
Probably Batman, seeing how Detective is crowded.
>>
>>83065355
literally Batman you dumbfuck. There's been little to no BatFam Members there outside of that retarded Death of The Family Storyline (Even so it was pretty contained to just the Main Robins and Batgirl)
>>
>>83065404
>Duke
>Harper
>We are Robins gang
>Luke Fox

Yeah nah
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.